RAGE 2 - Information Thread (Update: Terrormania Launch Trailer)

Commissar SFLUFAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rage 2 is the mutant spawn of two very different shooters (Polygon)

The sequel to Rage feels stretched between an id-style shooter and chaotic, open-world adventure

Rage 2 has id-quality shooting, but I wish the world had more personality (PC Gamer)

It's more ridiculous than Rage, but does it go far enough?

Rage 2's Vehicle Combat Needs Some Tuning, but is Already Producing Wild Gameplay Sequences (USgamer)

We talk to the game's developers about what largely feels like a secondary concern at the moment.

Rage 2’s wasteland is colourful, but lacks personality (PCGamesN)

Doom's combat is hidden below the surface of Rage 2, but it's smothered by the open world that surrounds it

So Rage 2 has absolutely lost it: gyrating elderly ladies, sausage helmets, and blonde-quiffed mutants await you (GamesRadar)

Why play Rage 2? Id has plenty of reasons waiting for you in the post-apocalypse

Rage 2 Makes You An Unstoppable Superhero--When You're Not Busy Driving (Gamespot)

It definitely shoots like an id Software game.

I played Rage 2 and it's a vibrant kick-ass post-Apocalypse (COGConnected)

The Makers of Mad Max and DOOM Do Not Disappoint

Rage 2: id’s shooting is fine, but this pink apocalypse feels overfamiliar (VG247)

Rage 2’s pink-apoca-party looks like a lot of fun from a distance. But it all hangs on id’s shooting, which is usually great in the controlled space of something like Doom. But I don’t know if there’s much of an appetite for it during an open world full of lukewarm takes on the average action shooter. 

‘Rage 2’ Offers More than just Fallout From the Borderlands (Fandom)

Exploring Rage 2's Wasteland of Opportunity (IGN)

Hands-on with Mutant Bash TV, Chazcar Derby racing and more.

I don't get the whole "world lacks personality" comment. How much personality do you need? Do you want the trees to sing and dance for you? 

I'm sorry, but when I walk outside and look around, I don't see a lot of personality. Not that I don't think games should have some kind of feel to the environments, but I honestly don't understand what critics are expecting to see. Disney World maybe? 

• 2 weeks later...

A lethal dance-off for a sweet new ability, a high-flying trip over a hostile open world, a fight against a very angry man in a mech suit… RAGE 2 has it all in this brand new extended gameplay video.  Don’t miss the ending for a sneak peek at what’s coming next! 

• 4 weeks later...

You’re not just Walker, the last Ranger. You’re a Wasteland Superhero!

Using your arsenal of powerful weapons and hi-tech nanotrite abilities, you’re going to wreak havoc on the baddies lurking throughout RAGE 2. While they are super powerful on their own, you’ll get maximum damage by pairing those weapons and abilities for crazy combos that will knock the socks off* (*absolutely obliterate) anyone that stands in your way. The Authority doesn’t stand a chance!

See some of those combinations in action in our latest video!

RAGE 2 will be available on May 14, 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

I was pretty hyped for this until I found it its Single Player only.  Now I'll probably pass on it.

The difference from Borderlands, as far as I know, is that Borderlands is a loot game with random gear rolls, where as this game will have set guns more similar with a Doom game.  

I haven't followed it much though so I maybe wrong.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

So I was originally excited about Borderlands 3...but for some reason this has surpassed that as my likely choice of next shooter I will buy. But I've heard that Rage 1 was kind of bad. Is this true? This seems like a weird cross between Doom and Borderlands, is that a good comparison?

Rage 1 wasn't bad... it just came out right around the same time as Fallout 3 and people were expecting it to be more of an RPG than it was. It was fine.

• 2 weeks later...