Manchin says there is ‘no circumstance’ where he would vote to get rid of or ‘weaken’ the filibuster, opposes using reconciliation to even pass the infrastructure bill.

I want them to launch a whole ad campaign across the country that's like "here's what we want to do, and here are the two assholes that are keeping us from doing it."

Like, fuck it. Go all in on a PR campaign.

• Upvote 1
  • UpDoot 1
3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think Matt Y had made this point a couple days ago. People think that it’s just Manchin holding back the filibuster reform, but it isn’t. The other Senators are just cowardly hiding behind him as he gets publicly destroyed.

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think Matt Y had made this point a couple days ago. People think that it’s just Manchin holding back the filibuster reform, but it isn’t. The other Senators are just cowardly hiding behind him as he gets publicly destroyed.

publicly destroyed by Democrats. Republicans are embracing him. 

210107095752-collins-manchin-romney-spli
WWW.CNN.COM

A bipartisan group of 10 senators announced Thursday they have reached a deal on a $1.2 trillion infrastructure package, the most significant development yet in negotiations over a key priority of the Biden administration, but it still faces serious obstacles from skeptics in both parties.

• Guillotine 2
1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

infuriating thread 

Read the whole thing. This is one of the better breakdowns as to why getting rid of the filibuster is a good thing because he breaks down how the past 15 years would have gone with a real-life event. Good read.

I did get a kick out of this 3 hour gap: