Matt Gaetz pays to have sex with kids and Roger Stone tried to sell his pedo buddy a pardon.

12 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

This is neither here nor there, but quidditch is such a stupid sport and concept. It's like if the outcome of a football game was decided by an arm wrestling contest on the sidelines. 

The main problem is the +150 pt bonus. If you made it no bonus or +10 pts at most it would actually make for decent strategy. 

The rules of quidditch bothered me more than anything else in the books. I was willing to accept at face value whatever kind of magical deus ex machinas Rowling threw in there, because, whatever, that's just the kind of stories they are. But that sport is dumb as hell.

5 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

The rules of quidditch bothered me more than anything else in the books. I was willing to accept at face value whatever kind of magical deus ex machinas Rowling threw in there, because, whatever, that's just the kind of stories they are. But that sport is dumb as hell.

Me too. It always stuck in my craw for some reason. And the fix is as simple as what @Air_Delivery said; just change the point value.

I would say change the value of the catching of the snitch to 30. That would give, in most instances, the trailing team to keep trying to catch it, whereas if it was only a 10 point bonus, the trailing team would have to spend their whole effort trying to keep the enemy seeker from catching the snitch.

You're right, though, it's basically like playing hockey but it doesn't matter who wins the actual game because the seeker, who isn't even really involved in the rest of the match, ends the game and scores 15 goals at the same time by catching the snitch. Might as well just not even play the rest of the game.

edit: Ha, it turns out that actual "quidditch" leagues (like the ones they play in college) actually do seem to use 30 points as the amount of bonus given to the team who catches the sitch. Not sure how that works in, y'know, the real world, but whatever.

I've thought about this a lot (I have a lot of long subway rides). Is there anything in the rules that says only the seeker can catch the snitch? If not, I'll put 3 guys back on D and have the rest trying to catch the snitch. My team would be an unstoppable juggernaut. We'd be the greatest show on turf (air? [terf lol]). They'd have to change the rules to stop me.

• Haha 2

People, People, People

Once again we got a thread off topic, and shame on all you. 

You know we can only do that by talking about food. Like, did Harry Potter with all his money, ever help Ron and his family out on groceries. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

People, People, People

You know we can only do that by talking about food. Like, did Harry Potter with all his money, ever help Ron and his family out on groceries. 

He bought Ron that candy the one time so basically yeah

I still never understood how poverty came to be in a world where you can do whatever with materials, and relies on a stupid denominational system of exchange.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

People, People, People

Sorry your wand broke Ron, sucks to be you. Meanwhile Harry is living off the interest generated by his literal pile of gold.

7 hours ago, silentbob said:

People, People, People

I bet the pizza at Hogwarts was garbage 

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

It's English food, so pretty much a guarantee it was awful. 

Hey, that's not fair, they make really good sandwiches. And, like, deep fried things.

(don't tell me that everyone makes good sandwiches and deep fried things)

210413172820-matt-gaetz-0409-super-tease
WWW.CNN.COM

The first thing some of the women were asked to do when they got to the house parties in the gated community in suburban Orlando was to put away their cellphones, according to two women in attendance who spoke to CNN in recent days. The men inside, a who's who of local Republican officials that often included Rep. Matt Gaetz, did not want the night's activities documented.

A God-fearing man, indeed.

18 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Speaking of CNN, today is one year since some chyron writer at CNN felt bold and basically mocked Trump during that COVID press briefing where he went off the rails.

I vaguely remember this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jason changed the title to Matt Gaetz pays to have sex with kids and Roger Stone tried to sell his pedo buddy a pardon.