TOP 5 METROIDVANIA GAMES

stepee

On 3/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, dualhunter said:

In Fusion you can permanently miss upgrades

What? Where? I think you're mistaken because I've 100% the game before. I don't remember ever having to restart to go get an upgrade I might have missed. Right before you go face the SA-X the entire station is open to you, so as long as you don't start the fight which would then be the point of no return since the ship starts falling out of orbit and you must escape in time. 

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

What? Where? I think you're mistaken because I've 100% the game before. I don't remember ever having to restart to go get an upgrade I might have missed. Right before you go face the SA-X the entire station is open to you, so as long as you don't start the fight which would then be the point of no return since the ship starts falling out of orbit and you must escape in time. 

From what I can find some people say you can eventually go back but others say there are missables. According to this there are only 4 missable upgrades:

https://allthetropes.org/wiki/Lost_Forever

What I remember is getting locked out of a section and knowing that there was an upgrade that I missed (probably because I was being chased) that I couldn't get back to. I eventually did beat the final boss but from what I can remember it took more attempts than it would have had I had more ammo.

33 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

From what I can find some people say you can eventually go back but others say there are missables. According to this there are only 4 missable upgrades:

https://allthetropes.org/wiki/Lost_Forever

What I remember is getting locked out of a section and knowing that there was an upgrade that I missed (probably because I was being chased) that I couldn't get back to. I eventually did beat the final boss but from what I can remember it took more attempts than it would have had I had more ammo.

Well now you're just making me want to replay Fusion again. I'm really not sure that's accurate, and quickly Googling other people are saying that nothing is missable.