The White Nationalists Are Winning

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/the-battle-that-erupted-in-charlottesville-is-far-from-over/567167/

Good article.

But the Alt-Right and its fellow travelers were never going to be able to assemble a mass movement. Despite the controversy over the rally and its bloody aftermath, the white nationalists’ ideological goals remain a core part of the Trump agenda. As long as that agenda finds a home in one of the two major American political parties, a significant portion of the country will fervently support it. And as an ideological vanguard, the Alt-Right fulfilled its own purpose in pulling the Republican Party in its direction.

24 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

They're attempting a "Unite the Right 2" rally here in DC on Sunday afternoon near the White House.  I'm making every effort to be there with the counter-protesters or at the very least attend a counter  rally in Alexandria.

Fascists punching Nazis? :daydream:

From the permits that were granted by the Park Service yesterday, the Nazis estimate to have between 100 to 400 while the counter-protesters have obtained permits for four groups of 1,000, 1,500, 500 and 500.

The Nazis plan to meet at the Vienna Metro station and then "obtain transportation" from there to Lafayette Square near the White House.  The counter-protesters will assemble at Freedom Plaza, McPherson Square, and Farragut Square with an eventual march to Lafayette Square.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

From the permits that were granted by the Park Service yesterday, the Nazis estimate to have between 100 to 400 while the counter-protesters have obtained permits for four groups of 1,000, 1,500, 500 and 500.

The Nazis' plan is to meet at the Vienna Metro station and then "obtain transportation" from there to Lafayette Square near the White House.  The counter-protesters will assemble at Freedom Plaza and then march to Lafayette Squre.  

Go punch a Nazi please.

As long as Donald Trump is still president, of course they're winning. I think we'll have to see what of their policies remain mainstream republican after he's out of office. I have to imagine that if the GOP gets punished badly enough in the elections then they'll quickly turn on Trump, and the policy inroads of the alt-right will be pushed back to the fringes. 

12 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

As long as Donald Trump is still president, of course they're winning. I think we'll have to see what of their policies remain mainstream republican after he's out of office. I have to imagine that if the GOP gets punished badly enough in the elections then they'll quickly turn on Trump, and the policy inroads of the alt-right will be pushed back to the fringes. 

White Nationalists are winning because of decades of mainstream apologists shielding them and their ideals. Years of "Racism is over" and "Liberals need to stop playing the race card" (when calling out racism usually) gets us where we are today. Now everybody is waking up saying "Hey, these guys really are racist!" when folks had been shouting that shit for years.

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'll wear my Haitian Revolution t-shirt from the Revolutions podcast.

A revolution where black slaves overthrew their European colonial masters and defeated a French military expedition sent by Napoleon.  

Don't forget your Phrygian cap.

55 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'll wear my Haitian Revolution t-shirt from the Revolutions podcast.

A revolution where black slaves overthrew their European colonial masters and defeated a French military expedition sent by Napoleon.  

I dont think the nazis will understand this reference. 

11 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

I dont think the nazis will understand this reference. 

Not really my problem :p

I do wish the t-shirt had this quote on it from Louis Félix Mathurin Boisrond-Tonnerre, one of the revolution's leaders:  For our declaration of independence, we should have the skin of a white man for parchment, his skull for an inkwell, his blood for ink, and a bayonet for a pen!

Alright, I've got my anti-Nazi ensemble ready to go!

- Haitian Revolution t-shirt

- black Half-Life 2 baseball cap

- red kerchief/bandana to cover the lower half of my face (upside: it's anti-Nazi red, downside: it has pictures of puppies and kitties)

- weightlifting gloves

I'm departing for Freedom Plaza in about an hour.

• Guillotine 1

10 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

- red kerchief/bandana to cover the lower half of my face (upside: it's anti-Nazi red, downside: it has pictures of puppies and kitties)

- weightlifting gloves

Good luck!

42 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

- weightlifting gloves

Im jelly 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

- weightlifting gloves

I get red is anti Nazi cause communism, but weren't Nazis still all about red?

They had giant red flags with just a little black swastika in them. Also, Hitler really liked animals.