Michael Avenatti Says He's Officially "Exploring" a Presidential Run

I think Trump has dispelled the myth that running a large organization makes you qualified, lol.  My understanding is most presidents put together teams that find candidates to run the various parts of government and vet them, the president typically takes their advice, but if you're an idiot who surrounds yourself with idiots you get idiots.  I'd say having an understanding of how government works by having held office, which he also doesn't have.

11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I think Trump has dispelled the myth that running a large organization makes you qualified, lol.  My understanding is most presidents put together teams that find candidates to run the various parts of government and vet them, the president typically takes their advice, but if you're an idiot who surrounds yourself with idiots you get idiots.  I'd say having an understanding of how government works by having held office, which he also doesn't have.

It doesn't make you qualified but it is very important.

25 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The Imbecile at least has something resembling experience with a large organization which is something the Guido Lawyer cannot say for himself.

True, but he has a FAR better education and was by all accounts a model law student. GWU has a fucking award named after him. I know you're going to say so what, but that at least makes him far more qualified than Trump.

13 minutes ago, Jose said:

True, but he has a FAR better education and was by all accounts a model law student. GWU has a fucking award named after him. I know you're going to say so what, but that at least makes him far more qualified than Trump.

In what way?  Seriously, tell me in what way does that make him "far more" qualified for the presidency?

Is anyone aside from Governors really qualified to hold the office of President? And even then, the Governor of Wyoming is a different sort of prepared to the Governor of California or NY. And add on to that the crushing weight of foreign responsibility that POTUS holds, and there's still little that counts as qualification in that realm.

Trump's not qualified. He is less qualified than a normal CEO because the normal CEO chooses subordinates and works within frameworks of a board as opposed to Trump's kids and whatever rules he makes up. Avenatti isn't qualified either, even though his mind is sharp in the legal realm. 

Avenatti may have said all the right things in Iowa, but he's still a fame seeker and a loudmouth. And I can't believe we're seriously entertaining this. Just because Trump won doesn't mean we have to accept this as legitimate. 

Being an intelligent lawyer and pushing progressive policies makes someone more qualified than a guy who pushes bad economic policies such as Trump. Trump ran a business yet is significantly more scatterbrained and less organized than any president in decades.

If Trump has proven anything, it's that someone becomes qualified if you get (or think you're getting) what you want, and most with shortcomings about him will line up behind him if that happens, just as we are seeing nearly complete support by Republicans behind Trump.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Being an intelligent lawyer and pushing progressive policies makes someone more qualified than a guy who pushes bad economic policies such as Trump. Trump ran a business yet is significantly more scatterbrained and less organized than any president in decades.

If Trump has proven anything, it's that someone becomes qualified if you get (or think you're getting) what you want, and most with shortcomings about him will line up behind him if that happens, just as we are seeing nearly complete support by Republicans behind Trump.

I wouldn't say intelligence and progressive = qualified. I'm more in favor of it in general. 

Republicans are a cult of personality and Dems are way more divided in their loyalties. Dems aren't going to rally around one politician, no matter who they are. 

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I wouldn't say intelligence and progressive = qualified. I'm more in favor of it in general. 

Republicans are a cult of personality and Dems are way more divided in their loyalties. Dems aren't going to rally around one politician, no matter who they are. 

Dems rallied behind Obama, giving him two easy election wins. They will rally despite always being underestimated even after they win big.

I'm not saying he's the most qualified, but he's easily more qualified than Trump because anyone who pushes his policies is not qualified to be president at all, regardless of his experience doing stuff and running The Celebrity Apprentice.

I think we're saying different things with the same words. 

Being qualified is an objective thing. You have a list of qualities, or you don't. 

Supporting certain policies or not supporting policies is not a definition of "qualification" and is a subjective thing. You're using the term wrong, but I understand what you mean. 

I'm speaking in the objective sense though. 

The ability to read and write at a graduate level is a prerequisite needed to qualify to become President. 

Trump, despite going to good schools, cannot read or write at a graduate university level.

Avenatti can.

Thus, Avenatti is more technically qualified to be President than Trump is. Case closed.

Neither should be President or run for President. But if this is Sophie's choice than yeah, I choose Avenatti. Or have people been asleep the last 2 years?

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The ability to read and write at a graduate level is a prerequisite needed to qualify to become President. 

Trump, despite going to good schools, cannot read or write at a graduate university level.

Avenatti can.

Thus, Avenatti is more technically qualified to be President than Trump is. Case closed.

Neither should be President or run for President. But if this is Sophie's choice than yeah, I choose Avenatti. Or have people been asleep the last 2 years?

And if it’s a real Sophie’s Choice, that means the loser dies.

• Haha 1

Do you guys think Obama was qualified? He had served, what, one year of his first Senate term when he announced? 

What about Hillary when she first ran for the Senate? 

Gillibrand had served one House term when she was selected to replace Clinton. And Booker was only mayor before being a Senator, right? 

Just now, Jason said:

Do you guys think Obama was qualified? He had served, what, one year of his first Senate term when he announced? 

What about Hillary when she first ran for the Senate? 

Obama: more qualified due to previous experience in Illinois legislature

Clinton: this is more difficult, but probably more qualified due to previous professional experience and "active" policy roles in Arkansas and White House

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Obama: more qualified due to previous experience in Illinois legislature

Clinton: this is more difficult, but probably more qualified due to previous professional experience and "active" policy roles in Arkansas and White House

I edited in Gillibrand and Booker too.

And you're saying Obama was more qualified than Avenatti is, but that's not answering whether or not you think he was qualified.