Jump to content

~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~


Recommended Posts

Quote

I understood the risks of war when I enlisted as an infantryman. Police officers should understand the risks in their jobs when they enroll in the academy, as well. That means knowing that personal safety can’t always come first. That is why it’s service. That’s why it’s sacrifice.

 

O-iraqsoldier10701437075730.jpg?t=201705
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The military changed its overly aggressive tactics. It’s time for law enforcement to do the same.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"FBI Interviewed Indianapolis FedEx Shooting Suspect Brandon Scott Hole Last Year – CBS Chicago"

snapshot-5-3-e1618568765414.jpg?w=1500
CHICAGO.CBSLOCAL.COM

Hole's mother contacted the FBI in March, 2020 " to report he might try to commit 'suicide by cop,' " the FBI said in a statment.

 

  • Guillotine 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"FBI Interviewed Indianapolis FedEx Shooting Suspect Brandon Scott Hole Last Year – CBS Chicago"

snapshot-5-3-e1618568765414.jpg?w=1500
CHICAGO.CBSLOCAL.COM

Hole's mother contacted the FBI in March, 2020 " to report he might try to commit 'suicide by cop,' " the FBI said in a statment.

 

 

Would love to know how and when he got his guns, because if they were legally obtained after interviewed this is an even bigger failure of our systems than what we currently know.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Generic-Gun.jpg?quality=85&resize=1200%2
WWW.NBCBAYAREA.COM

Texas handgun owners would no longer need a license or training to carry their weapon in public under a bill that cleared a major vote Thursday over Democrats who railed against loosening gun laws after the 2019 mass shooting at an El Paso Walmart.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
Generic-Gun.jpg?quality=85&resize=1200%2
WWW.NBCBAYAREA.COM

Texas handgun owners would no longer need a license or training to carry their weapon in public under a bill that cleared a major vote Thursday over Democrats who railed against loosening gun laws after the 2019 mass shooting at an El Paso Walmart.

 

 

The problem is definitely coverage. Not ENOUGH people have guns!  There's only a few brave vigilantes out there and they can't be everywhere at once.  But a gun can be everywhere at once :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

 

The problem is definitely coverage. Not ENOUGH people have guns!  There's only a few brave vigilantes out there and they can't be everywhere at once.  But a gun can be everywhere at once :rolleyes:

 

The data doesn't bear out that permit-less concealed carry changes gun homicide rates.  We have north of 20 states now that don't require a permit to carry, and every single prophecy of doom hasn't happened.  Arizona, a state you would expect to erupt into chaos, has had permit-less concealed carry for 10 years now, and their homicide rates are essentially unchanged in that timespan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

 

The data doesn't bear out that permit-less concealed carry changes gun homicide rates.  We have north of 20 states now that don't require a permit to carry, and every single prophecy of doom hasn't happened.  Arizona, a state you would expect to erupt into chaos, has had permit-less concealed carry for 10 years now, and their homicide rates are essentially unchanged in that timespan.


Guns are already so easy to get that making them even easier to get just doesn’t move the needle much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

 

The data doesn't bear out that permit-less concealed carry changes gun homicide rates.  We have north of 20 states now that don't require a permit to carry, and every single prophecy of doom hasn't happened.  Arizona, a state you would expect to erupt into chaos, has had permit-less concealed carry for 10 years now, and their homicide rates are essentially unchanged in that timespan.

 

Of course I exaggerated about doom and gloom, but we should be going to the other way.  If we're not going to ban guns completely (which... we might be too late in even being able to do so),  we need way more training, not on just how to physically handle the weapon.  Situation management and philosophy classes should be a requirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

 

Of course I exaggerated about doom and gloom, but we should be going to the other way.  If we're not going to ban guns completely (which... we might be too late in even being able to do so),  we need way more training, not on just how to physically handle the weapon.  Situation management and philosophy classes should be a requirement.


I agree training is critically important with firearms.  No arguments here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

We have north of 20 states now that don't require a permit to carry, and every single prophecy of doom hasn't happened.


Other than our daily nightmare, I suppose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:


Other than our daily nightmare, I suppose. 


What I'm saying is that permit-less carry doesn't seem to have an effect on overall gun homicides or mass shootings.   Are you arguing that a permit-less law in Oklahoma is having a knock-on effect in Colorado (as an example)? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:


What I'm saying is that permit-less carry doesn't seem to have an effect on overall gun homicides or mass shootings.   Are you arguing that a permit-less law in Oklahoma is having a knock-on effect in Colorado (as an example)? 


No, merely stating the fact that the prevalence of guns in America is problematic. Open carry, permitted or not, is fucking absurd and everyone who does it looks like a goober. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:


No, merely stating the fact that the prevalence of guns in America is problematic. Open carry, permitted or not, is fucking absurd and everyone who does it looks like a goober. 


Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:


No, merely stating the fact that the prevalence of guns in America is problematic. Open carry, permitted or not, is fucking absurd and everyone who does it looks like a goober. 

But what happens if some terrorist invade a Target trying to steal all the axe body wash 

To Open Carry or NOT To Open Carry?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

But what happens if some terrorist invade a Target trying to steal all the axe body wash 

To Open Carry or NOT To Open Carry?


The fact that this isn’t illegal honestly blows my mind. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

 

and every single prophecy of doom hasn't happened.

 

I would argue that the current situation is the doomsday in any other civilized country in the world.

 

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Permit-less carry is a symptom of the disease that put us in this mess. 

 

Yep. If you legalized murder by sword, I doubt murder rates would go up at all. But it just means you are condoning something that is already horrible (and showing you have no respect for human life).

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

If they were black or brown they couldn't do that. 


Oddly enough, the first time I ever saw a person opening carrying a long gun here in Texas it was a Black man in a small mostly white town and I couldn’t believe the balls on the guy to waltz down main street with an AR-15 over his shoulder :o

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot comprehend the mental gymnastics that go into thinking that you might die if you leave your home, so you'd better be armed... and then you end up with an assault rifle in the loofah aisle at Target. It's so fucking stupid. No additional magazines, no body armor, weapons about as secure as my Jansport in 9th grade while waiting for the bus, not even moving tactically! Someone with a handgun could wait for them to walk by and ventilate all of them before they know what's happening.

 

It's fucking madness.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slinging a rifle across your back is stupid anyway. There's a reason they don't do that in the military. If the trigger isn't immediately accessible there's no point in it being there.

 

Same thing with people who keep their "home defense" guns in safes. If it's not readily accessible in a split second, it's really not doing a great job of protecting, is it?

 

At least my mom was honest and kept a glock under her pillow. Gueeeeesssss what, we got robbed at least 3 times when I was a kid and not once ever did that gun ever come into play.

 

These people live in fantasy land where they think they're all John McClain

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

 

The data doesn't bear out that permit-less concealed carry changes gun homicide rates.  We have north of 20 states now that don't require a permit to carry, and every single prophecy of doom hasn't happened.  Arizona, a state you would expect to erupt into chaos, has had permit-less concealed carry for 10 years now, and their homicide rates are essentially unchanged in that timespan.


Arizona is a giant desert. You need a sniper rifle to shoot the next living person.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tension in Indy. Good guy shoots at armed robber, but misses.

 

68bb3e11-c6e6-4117-be7f-e877b21f53a3-041
WWW.INDYSTAR.COM

Indianapolis police say a "resisting shoplifter" pointed a gun at a guard inside a Beech Grove Walmart, causing another shopper to fire shots.

 

So many ways this could have went worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Tension in Indy. Good guy shoots at armed robber, but misses.

 

68bb3e11-c6e6-4117-be7f-e877b21f53a3-041
WWW.INDYSTAR.COM

Indianapolis police say a "resisting shoplifter" pointed a gun at a guard inside a Beech Grove Walmart, causing another shopper to fire shots.

 

So many ways this could have went worse.

 

Say it with me now... abolish the second amendment.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yep. If you legalized murder by sword, I doubt murder rates would go up at all. But it just means you are condoning something that is already horrible (and showing you have no respect for human life).

 

The knife/sword laws in this country are very interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...