~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

I'm pretty sure California and Illinois have the most shootings, though a lot of them are gang related and not "I'm gonna go out with a bang" crazy people.

I don't see being against repealing the 2nd.

Story time: about 5 years or so ago, my friends James and Katie got divorced. James was a controlling asshole. After they split, he went into a spiral. Going to strip clubs every night, doing all of the cocaine, going on crazy Facebook rants, etc. One night, I'm hanging out with one of my other friends (the godfather to his son) and James calls and asks if he knows where Katie is. My friend basically said "none of your damn business, I wouldn't tell you if I did know." We went about our night.

8am, I get a call from another friend that just said "Katie's dead. James killed her."

Turns out he was on a mission to kill her that night and someone eventually told him where she was. I think she was at her sister's if I recall. He showed up and made a scene until she eventually came outside. He emptied a clip in her. Someone called the cops, obviously. The thing that trips me out is that he was still at the scene when the cops showed, which must have been at least 5 minutes. That meant he was standing over her body thinking... Who knows. Was he thinking "what have I done?" Was he gloating?

Anyway, the cops show up and he decides to flee. He leads them on a chase and if I recall he did actually shoot an officer (he survived) before they gunned him down.

He left behind an infant son with Katie as well as an older son from a previous relationship. And, y'know, who knows, he did seem on a mission to kill her that night. Who's to say he still would have done it whether he had a gun or not. But I can tell you one thing - he shouldn't have had a fucking gun because he was clearly not in the head space to operate one. And what's worse is that he was a former police cadet, so he knew how to use it.

All I know is I lost 2 friends, and I both want nothing more than to be able to tell their son how beautiful their mother was as a person and also to never remind them that their dad killed their mom and left them orphans (his ex already had custody of his older kid and Katie's family took in Katie's kid)

And yes, I started crying as I wrote this

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

15 hours ago, Ominous said:

The gun used was purchased 4 days ago by the shooters dad.

#dadoftheyear 

Should be held just as responsible. At the very least, be should be on the hook for all the medical expenses. Can't afford it? Too bad. All these other families are going to deal with huge hospital bills because this guy was cool with making the gun available to his kid.

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

oakland county sheriff just confirmed the voice in this video was a plain clothes officer.

still scary though and the kids absolutely did the right thing by not opening the door and running.

that’s wild. i guess i can’t speak for other states but in california if we go into a lockdown teachers are absolutely not to open the door for anybody. we can do a quick scan at the very beginning to pull in any wandering students but admin or the student resource officer go to each class and open the door (once the lockdown is over) to tell you face to face that students can leave the class again. 

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

that’s wild. i guess i can’t speak for other states but in california if we go into a lockdown teachers are absolutely not to open the door for anybody. we can do a quick scan at the very beginning to pull in any wandering students but admin or the student resource officer go to each class and open the door (once the lockdown is over) to tell you face to face that students can leave the class again. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that schools have policies like this but it's absolutely absurd that we have to. Because of the 2nd Amendment, we regularly traumatize children. All so that Patrick Henry cosplayers and people who value their hobby more than human lives can play with their weapons. It's disgusting, and our culture is sick for pretending that it's not.

44 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

sheriff also confirmed the shooter is 17 years old, not 15.

also mentioned the shooter had a meeting in the morning with school administrators and his parents. 

I went back and listened to the question and answer. He was answering a question about the 4th victim this morning and the age of the shooter and his train of thought wasn't exactly clear. I believe he was confirming the victim was 17 years old, and the shooter was 15, not the other way around as I initially heard it.

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Maybe someone should take all these mass shooting manifesto videos from other gun killings and edit them together. Release a free docuseries on why gun control needs to be tighten up. I know wishful thinking and wouldn’t do much, but maybe a few asshole will learn something.  . . . or piss off even more people who think they need to buy themselves even more guns. 

On 11/30/2021 at 10:34 PM, Ominous said:

The gun used was purchased 4 days ago by the shooters dad.

#dadoftheyear 

On 12/1/2021 at 1:39 PM, Ghost_MH said:

Should be held just as responsible. At the very least, be should be on the hook for all the medical expenses. Can't afford it? Too bad. All these other families are going to deal with huge hospital bills because this guy was cool with making the gun available to his kid.

gettyimages-1356671225_wide-6819b956b30d
WWW.NPR.ORG

Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said the parents of the suspect failed to keep a recently purchased firearm out of the hands of their son, who is accused of killing four classmates.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.NPR.ORG

Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said the parents of the suspect failed to keep a recently purchased firearm out of the hands of their son, who is...

They deserve it.

211201-ethan-crumbley-tease-01_ybtfkh
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Ethan Crumbley, 15, had displayed “behavior in the classroom” that school officials “felt was concerning.”

Open letter to Trump thanking him for saving the second amendment. That worked out well.

• Guillotine 1
  • True 1

22 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.NPR.ORG

Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said the parents of the suspect failed to keep a recently purchased firearm out of the hands of...

The parents have been charged with "involuntary manslaughter".

I7U4ACYX3ZJTHODD52JQWHKZVA.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Prosecutors filed involuntary manslaughter charges on Friday against the parents of the Michigan teenager who authorities say fatally shot four classmates at his school earlier...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

what the fuck is wrong with these parents?!

"Murica"

But on a serious note if there was ever a case for parent's to be charged for something like this its this one. This kid was clearly suffering and crying for help and his parents basically condoned what he was thinking about doing in his mind by their actions AND inactions. On another note though, why wasn't this kid's bag searched? Why was he even allowed to go back to school?The parents of the victims should DEFINITELY sue the fucking school too.

Meanwhile, in Georgia...

211202160306-kyra-scott-120221-restricte
WWW.CNN.COM

A 13-year-old boy who was manufacturing and selling so-called "ghost guns" has been arrested after he allegedly shot and killed his 14-year-old sister with one of his own homemade firearms, according to the Douglas County, Georgia, Sheriff's Office.

Was talking to my dad last night and he's convinced we're living in some kind of satrical simulation at this point. 

211202100741-02-oxford-high-school-1201-
WWW.CNN.COM

Police are currently searching for Michigan school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley’s parents just hours before they are scheduled to be arraigned on involuntary manslaughter charges, according to authorities.

So yeah I’m with @thewhyteboar I think they might of been MAGA chuds and were probably there on Jan 6th. They are also being considered armed and dangerous

5 minutes ago, silentbob said:
211202100741-02-oxford-high-school-1201-
WWW.CNN.COM

Police are currently searching for Michigan school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley’s parents just hours before they are scheduled to be arraigned on involuntary manslaughter charges, according to authorities.

So yeah I’m with @thewhyteboar I think they might of been MEGA chuds and were probably there on Jan 6th. They are also being considered armed and dangerous

I can't tell if you meant "MEGA chuds" or "MAGA chuds" but I guess both work.

6 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

It should be easy to catch them, just set a trap. Announce that there's an open Republican state senate seat and that they desperately need a strong freedom loving American to fill it. Watch all the roaches gather.

Get Alec Baldwin to play Trump to lure them in and have him shoot them. :troll:

• Shocked 1