~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So this is a thing now.

fb_share.jpg
WWW.SANDYHOOKPROMISE.ORG

Sandy Hook Promise trains students and adults to know the signs of gun violence so that no parent experiences the tragic, preventable loss of their child.

Imagine the takeaway of Sandy Hook being “we need more gun safety education” and not “we need fewer guns.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 1:22 PM, TyphoidHater said:

Crenshaw could give her a spare eye patch

I mean, that wasn't even a little close to Hitting her eye. You can tell she's not a shooter though, the surprise on her face from the recoil was a dead giveaway that she's clearly only a a "gun bunny" for the camera.

13 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Gun owners don't care. They care more about some nebulous definition of "freedom" than they do a pile of dead children. It's disgusting. 

“It’s our right per the 2A!”

“Let’s change that, then.”

“I’ll shoot you if you try.”

• True 1

After reading up on this story a bit more, it sounds like this kid (really an adult at 18) was getting bullied.  The family contends that the school was not helping him at all, so he brought a gun for protection.  Things got out of hand, and here we are.

The school shares some blame here.  But even if the guy was getting bullied, he should still face the a harsh prison sentence.  He had other options that didn't involve bringing a gun to school.

And yeah, this type of school shooting is NOT the same thing as what we saw at Columbine or Sandy Hook.  Motives and outcomes were different.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 5:46 AM, mclumber1 said:

After reading up on this story a bit more, it sounds like this kid (really an adult at 18) was getting bullied.  The family contends that the school was not helping him at all, so he brought a gun for protection.  Things got out of hand, and here we are.

The school shares some blame here.  But even if the guy was getting bullied, he should still face the a harsh prison sentence.  He had other options that didn't involve bringing a gun to school.

And yeah, this type of school shooting is NOT the same thing as what we saw at Columbine or Sandy Hook.  Motives and outcomes were different.  

Now it looks like the kid was a drug dealer who ripped someone off and shot the person who was going to kick his ass.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

They should be tried as adults. It wasn't a "whoopsie". It was "you fucked my ex, I'll fuck your life" revenge killing.

That's where I land on when teenagers should be tried as adults. When you can draw the line between "you were just being an idiot" vs "oh no you definitely intended harm"

• 3 weeks later...

TIL airports only become federal territory after TSA. I always assumed it was the whole airport.

Then again, even after TSA there are things like bars in airport terminals have to abide by local liquor laws, so they already operate in this weird grey area.

It's like, committing a crime in an airport automatically makes it a federal crime (like mail theft is automatically a federal crime), so you would think federal law supercedes local law as soon as you step on the grounds. Apparently that is not the case?

• 2 weeks later...