~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

On 8/14/2021 at 3:25 PM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

We love our dystopia

I'm assuming I'm preaching to the choir, but... Don't put a used mask in an open wound. Sure, I guess it's better than nothing to staunch bleeding, but like rip your shirt off before doing that. Rip your pants off. Your mask is gross. Your mouth is gross. Your armpits aren't as gross as your mouth. Don't use your mask unless it's like a life and death situation.

Fuck me.

10 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm assuming I'm preaching to the choir, but... Don't put a used mask in an open wound. Sure, I guess it's better than nothing to staunch bleeding, but like rip your shirt off before doing that. Rip your pants off. Your mask is gross. Your mouth is gross. Your armpits aren't as gross as your mouth. Don't use your mask unless it's like a life and death situation.

Fuck me.

JUST HAVE YOUR DOG LICK YOUR BULLET WOUND BECAUSE DOGS MOUTHS ARE CLEANER THAN HUMAN MOUTHS

• True 1

Q6TVEGKHEVEHRMT7KEMEZSHZDQ.jpg
WWW.SUN-SENTINEL.COM

A U.S. Marine Corps veteran is accused of killing four people, including a mother and her 3-month-old baby, while high on meth in what appears to have a been a random shooting spree east of Tampa, Florida. The suspect was identified Sunday as Bryan Riley, 33, who served in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

A U.S. Marine Corps veteran is accused of killing four people, including a mother and her 3-month-old baby in her arms, while high on meth in what appears to have a been a random shooting spree east of Tampa.

The suspect was identified Sunday as Bryan Riley, a 33-year-old former U.S. Marine Corps sharpshooter who served in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

26 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So guns are great when they are disassembled and have no ammo. Is that why everyone wants them?

I have one pistol that is in a quick access safe in our bedroom.  All of my other guns are unloaded, and when possible, somewhat disassembled in my big safe.  I'm not looking to start an uprising - I'm just looking to shoot at steel and paper targets every now and then.  

4 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I have one pistol that is in a quick access safe in our bedroom.  All of my other guns are unloaded, and when possible, somewhat disassembled in my big safe.  I'm not looking to start an uprising - I'm just looking to shoot at steel and paper targets every now and then.  

This was the gun culture pre-obama

I think having guns entirely for recreation is totally fine. Shooting *is* really fun.

I just don't like it when people like to pretend they're John Wick.

Like, I have pretty decent experience with guns. I know how to assemble and break down most of them. If someone ever hands me a gun I automatically eject any round that may be in the chamber as a reflex. I'm even a decent shot with either hand, at least with rifles.

However, I also have a long history of depression and substance abuse, and have also lived through enough situations to know that real life situations are not the same as a shooting range. We all panic, we all get scared, and for the most part we tend to do stupid shit when that happens. It's better for everyone to just remove as many guns from the equation as possible when shit goes south. And any argument over "but what if [x] happens and..." could logically be taken to "okay, let's just let everyone have machine guns at their door and bomber drones... oh wait, that's a terrible idea and there's a reason we don't let normies have TNT in their basement or access to the nuclear launch codes."

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is a commercial they keep showing during college football games

I guess that one is better than the one Lock Picking Lawyer picked with a twig he found in his yard. I find it depressing that most gun locks are purposefully shitty because they only exist to comply with local laws.