~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Pretty sure its claiming that remington's marketing was advertising the weapons for "combat" or "offensive" purposes, which would be like if an opioid manufacturer was advertising them for recreational uses.

Or if Dodge advertised that their Challenger has the capability of breaking driving laws.  This is the most likely reason why that lady was murdered by the alt right dude driving the challenger at Charlottesville.  Chrysler should be sued for this.

4 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Pretty sure its claiming that remington's marketing was advertising the weapons for "combat" or "offensive" purposes, which would be like if an opioid manufacturer was advertising them for recreational uses.

In Australia it's illegal to advertise cars by showing drivers doing flagrantly illegal shit in them with tiny little invisible "don't actually do this" text at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

With just a couple tweaks I think I have fixed the chorus

Take me out at the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some bullets and a glock,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me shoot, shoot, shoot for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 8:32 AM, silentbob said:

With just a couple tweaks I think I have fixed the chorus

Take me out at the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some bullets and a glock,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me shoot, shoot, shoot for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.

This is a fine parody, but I will suggest one alteration:

Change the line "I don't care if I never get back" to "I don't care if it has a folding stock".

36 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Just some further information on the event outside Nationals Park - it was an exchange of gunfire between two cars that resulted in one fan being wounded in the crossfire.

Shootings I fear will be well accounted for this summer. A year of accumulated ammunition and emotional stunting.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

it was an exchange of gunfire between two cars that resulted in one fan being wounded in the crossfire.

Oh that's it? No need for concern then. Thoughts and prayers to the wounded fan. In fact just a wound so I'll just give them my prayers.

• 3 weeks later...
yahoo_default_logo-1200x1200.png
WWW.YAHOO.COM

A Texas driver ended up dead Wednesday night after crashing her vehicle and then firing shots at three people who tried to come to her aid, according to a report.

Woman crashes her car while speeding; three come to help her; she shoots all three, killing one of them; another passerby shoots and kills her to protect those Good Samaritans. The two that weren't killed are in critical condition.

This is about as American a story you could find.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:
WWW.YAHOO.COM

A Texas driver ended up dead Wednesday night after crashing her vehicle and then firing shots at three people who tried to come to her aid, according to a report.

Woman crashes her car while speeding; three come to help her; she shoots all three, killing one of them; another passerby shoots and kills her to protect those Good Samaritans. The two that weren't killed are in critical condition.

And people wonder by Bystander Syndrome is a thing.

16 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:
WWW.YAHOO.COM

I saw a different version of the story that actually makes more sense. The driver ran into the vehicle belonging to the man who was shot, it was parked outside his house on the street which is why he, his wife, and their son came outside. Words were exchanged and crazy diver lady began shooting. The victims neighbor ran inside and got his gun and shot the driver.

Just now, sblfilms said:

I saw a different version of the story that actually makes more sense. The driver ran into the vehicle belonging to the man who was shot, it was parked outside his house on the street which is why he, his wife, and their son came outside. Words were exchanged and crazy diver lady began shooting. The victims neighbor ran inside and got his gun and shot the driver.

'Merica!

18 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

After slavery, the second amendment is America's greatest and worst sin.

No other nation in the world deals with this, yet we do because gun owners care more about their hobby than they do about human lives.

No way to prevent this.