~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

The attack on San Jose targeted the transit workers so my first thought is that the terrorist was related to the agency in some manner.

Edit:  As per the LA Times:

The sources also said early indications are that the shooting was related to a workplace issue and that it did not involve riders of Santa Clara County's light rail system.

21 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
WWW.MSN.COM

Samantha Lopez, 28, was identified on Tuesday as the victim in the deadly shooting a day earlier. She was shot in a vehicle while outside of her apartment complex in northeast San Antonio.

don’t worry. People able to buy and carry firearms without permits will make these incidents disappear. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The attack on San Jose targeted the transit workers so my first thought is that the terrorist was related to the agency in some manner.

Edit:  As per the LA Times:

Just watched the press conference on the news. The shooter was an employee and Law Enforcement also may have found explosive devices as well.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:14 AM, sblfilms said:

I also just want to say that I get @mclumber1on this point: it sucks when you haven’t done anything wrong but something you enjoy is routinely slammed for being bad. You’re a good guy despite having the wrong opinion here :p 

Here's the thing though... the thing that you enjoy (in this case guns, owning guns, shooting guns, jerking off to guns whatever...) is an inherently dangerous activity and should be treated as such. I would think that a sensible person would want their "hobby" to be as safe as possible and would want folks who shouldn;t be engaging in that "hobby" to be as responsible as possible. That's not the position of the extreme 2nd ammendment activists. Their response to any notion of gun regulation is complete idiocy and they consistently double down on that fact. I myself have never been a "let's ban all guns" kind of guy and I've been on the wrong in of firearms more times than a nice guy like me should ever be. That said I think at the very least we should regulate guns at the same level we regulate fucking cars. At the LEAST.  We've had fifteen mass shootings in this country since FRIDAY. FRIDAY. Not even a full week :|

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Does that include his family?  I read on Reddit (ultra reliable) he also killed his family and burned down his house before going into the facility.

They haven't confirmed that officially yet but there is talk of a house fire that may be tied into this. The number right now does NOT include any family members... there will be another press conference at 1:30 Pacific, 4:30 Eastern.

So crazy, when I got off work this morning it was a relatively slow news day... wake up and ANOTHER mass shooting has occured. Fucking nuts that we've just accepted this as normal in this country.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They haven't confirmed that officially yet but there is talk of a house fire that may be tied into this. The number right now does NOT include any family members... there will be another press conference at 1:30 Pacific, 4:30 Eastern.

So crazy, when I got off work this morning it was a relatively slow news day... wake up and ANOTHER mass shooting has occured. Fucking nuts that we've just accepted this as normal in this country.

There are a dozen mass shootings every weekend. The only thing that keeps these from becoming national news is whether the dozens of people shot happen to die or not, so mostly pure chance and the how well the shooter can aim.

210524014835-screengrab-02-minneapolis-s
WWW.CNN.COM

Eleven people died and another 69 were injured in mass shootings over the weekend.

Only 62 mass shootings this month, so far. We've still got five more days to go with another weekend upon us 

police-car-lights.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

An 18-year-old man was charged with providing a handgun to a minor after Memphis, Tennessee, police say a 12-year-old shot a 13-year-old over a video game dispute.

Memphis police affidavits obtained by the local WREG-TV news station show Tuggle admitted to disposing of the gun and staging a crime scene to make it appear an anonymous drive-by shooting had occurred. The 18-year-old was arrested Sunday and charged with providing a handgun to a juvenile, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and tampering or fabricating evidence from a crime scene.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:
shooting-wftv-ht-ml-210602_1622640992867
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

A 14-year-old girl is seriously hurt after she and a 12-year-old boy allegedly armed themselves with stolen guns and opened fire on deputies.

I feel like at some point we’re gonna need a ‘Merican flag reaction.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, Remarkableriots said:
police-car-lights.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

An 18-year-old man was charged with providing a handgun to a minor after Memphis, Tennessee, police say a 12-year-old shot a 13-year-old over a video game dispute.

Obviously it was the video game's fault!

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
5a96a71d1f00005200168b2a.jpeg?ops=1778_1
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

California Gov. Gavin Newsom condemned the decision, calling it “a direct threat to public safety and the lives of innocent Californians, period."

In his 94-page ruling, the judge spoke favorably of modern weapons, said they were overwhelmingly used for legal reasons. “Like the Swiss Army knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle,” the judge said in his ruling’s introduction.

“This case is not about extraordinary weapons lying at the outer limits of Second Amendment protection. The banned ‘assault weapons’ are not bazookas, howitzers, or machine guns. Those arms are dangerous and solely useful for military purposes,” his ruling said.

“This is an average case about average guns used in average ways for average purposes,” the ruling said. “One is to be forgiven if one is persuaded by news media and others that the nation is awash with murderous AR-15 assault rifles. The facts, however, do not support this hyperbole, and facts matter.”

94 page very normal Fox News judge.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A Swiss army knife that does one thing and serves one purpose!

Wrong. You can shoot people if they're brown with it. You can shoot people if they're black with it. You can shoot people if they're Muslim with it. You can shoot people if they're women with it. 

• Haha 1

I always wondered about signs like that and wondered what if my car broke down, and I was coming to knock on your front door to ask for help? I'm clearly not armed, but are they really going to rush out with a shotgun pointed at me telling me to get off their property?