Update: Senate shelves the BBB Act

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

One of the first things I thought of, but even then, people with her background, as far as I know, don't tend to try to out-Manchin Manchin once they're in power.

The obvious answer would seem to be that she was always an opportunist even back when she was in the Green Party.

• True 1

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

He simultaneously was like yeah that’s inappropriate but also deal with it, bitch. Dude is good at his job.

Saw a tweet that resurfaced from a couple years ago where protestors went after Jeff flake and some other pol (John bell edwards?) Said basically "yeah it's surprising for a senator to get this treatment but it's no worse than what your average mayor gets while shopping for milk"

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

So far, is it safe to say Manchin is being better, however low the bar is, at negotiating than Sinema?

Manchin is at least saying things he'll agree to or what he doesn't want, Sinema seems to just want to vote it down thinking she'll be a hero or some shit.

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, one of my biggest things that I hope passes is paid leave. I hope there are indications that both Sinema and Manchin will support that.

sergiu-valena-bWllW3gy35w-unsplash-683x1
WWW.PEOPLESPOLICYPROJECT.ORG

If you like the US healthcare system, you'll love Richard Neal's new paid leave plan.

All that glitters is not gold. The house plan is salvageable but right now it's bad

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
sergiu-valena-bWllW3gy35w-unsplash-683x1
WWW.PEOPLESPOLICYPROJECT.ORG

If you like the US healthcare system, you'll love Richard Neal's new paid leave plan.

All that glitters is not gold. The house plan is salvageable but right now it's bad

That's worrisome, then, as it seems like it'd be difficult to expand it at this point of the negotiations.

It's insane how bad he is yet still better than literally any republican

The obvious answer is child tax credit and it's not even close. Electorally Biden and Dems can point to a larger swath of people and say "your life is better now* because of this; we taxed the rich and give you back your tax money every month. Reelect us and we can continue to make your life better"

*Economy permitting

6 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

The cuts he's asking for are brutal, and yet he's still actually negotiating with concrete demands, which is still better than Sinema saying, "New phone, who dis" every time she accidentally runs into a constituent or reporter on her way to a fundraiser.

They're concrete demands but they seem like they're intended to be a series of poison pills so the bill fails without him having to actually cast a vote against it and not good faith demands for where he actually wants the bill to get to.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Kyrsten Sinema Thumbs Down GIF by Jason Clarke

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is kyrsten but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^… im 45 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!! DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe…toodles!!!!!
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's insane how bad he is yet still better than literally any republican

He's basically the republican of democrats, which I guess is fine considering our current options. 

Sinema is just playing Little Me Too to Manchin and will just vote for whatever he agrees to.