Update: Senate shelves the BBB Act

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

they don't like the big number but don't actually say what they want to cut and by how much shows you how skin deep their very serious objections are

Plus what in the ever-loving fuck does domestic infrastructure/etc have to do with Afghanistan?

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

None of the tweets are loading on mobile for me so I have no idea what bm posted that has y’all pissed.

Quoting an nyt article:

Sahil Kapur

@sahilkapur

Heidi Heitkamp, former Democratic senator now part of a lobbying push to scale back the party’s tax agenda, says rural swing voters are upset about Biden’s plan to change the structure of taxation on inherited assets above $1 million.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:
merlin_189077250_a79fffdf-983f-4ff5-b5d3
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

At least 21 percent of nursing home residents are on antipsychotic drugs, a Times investigation found.

If only a bill existed to get people out of nursing homes...

I hated it when my dad was put in a nursing home. Hopefully that bill gets passed to at least help some people. They need to help improve nursing homes and hold them accountable.

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

The senior care should of been an easy win after the shit they saw happen with COVID. As someone said, America was a cool concept/experiment. Now it’s time to throw it away, start from scratch and hope for a better outcome 

There was a reddit thread the other day about a family conflict over institutionalizing a disabled 15 year old. Not one, including a bunch of nurses who commented, mentioned Home and Community Based Services even being an option. The simple concept of taking the money that would go to a nursing home and applying it to care in the family's home was foreign to them. It was really disturbing to see 27k upvotes supporting the institutionalization of a 15 year old based on the phrase "severely disabled who requires 24/7 care", that's literally me. Also the notion that nursing home staff are "professionals". It was really eye opening for me to see the ignorance and down right ableism on full display. But as @Iculussaid, this is America, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3