Jump to content

Theme issues


Emblazon
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Emblazon I'm not sure if this is an issue for you or @Jason but on the SNES theme, there seem to be icons missing for browser tabs:

 

lGqKC7b.png

 

Maybe not such a high priority at the moment but I noticed that it's missing and figured I'd say something. Thank you both! :hug:

 

Edit - I checked on the other themes and it's missing there, too, FYI. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SNES

When selecting Unread Content all of the threads only take up 80% of the screen from right to left leaving the last 20% of the left side of the screen just blank.

When inside of a thread however it takes up the whole screen. Can we make it the same or at the very least center it?

 

Unread Content

 

fo87eHy.png

 

Inside thread

KD22E0n.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

SNES

When selecting Unread Content all of the threads only take up 80% of the screen from right to left leaving the last 20% of the left side of the screen just blank.

When inside of a thread however it takes up the whole screen. Can we make it the same or at the very least center it?

 

Unread Content

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Inside thread

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

That seems to be just an issue with unread content. There's code that's overriding the full width. Will fix momentarily.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

That seems to be just an issue with unread content. There's code that's overriding the full width. Will fix momentarily.

 

It looks about right for what it'd look like if it's trying to reserve the space for the blocks on the right side of the front page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Nokra said:

 

I'll go ahead and give this a "like" since I see you fixed it. Thank you, sir! :hug:

Sorry, for some reason that sidebar area seems to be connected with the rest of the site. There doesn't seem to be any CSS that I can see that allows me to ONLY affect the Unread content area. So when I make the change to full width for Unread content, the entire sidebar on the home page goes poof. I'm not entirely sure why they thought that linking multiple sections was a good idea. I have to get back to getting other themes up and running, but I'll circle back to the Unread content at some point.

@Nokt

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Emblazon said:

Sorry, for some reason that sidebar area seems to be connected with the rest of the site. There doesn't seem to be any CSS that I can see that allows me to ONLY affect the Unread content area. So when I make the change to full width for Unread content, the entire sidebar on the home page goes poof. I'm not entirely sure why they thought that linking multiple sections was a good idea. I have to get back to getting other themes up and running, but I'll circle back to the Unread content at some point.

 

My issue was the icon for tabs in a browser, but I'll go ahead and tag @Nokt since your reply seems to be for him. :p 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

will the xbox theme be coming back eventually?  I think that was the one niggles classic turned into right?

 

It's being worked on right now. It's going to be a bit different than before, because I honestly can't recall what it looked like. It's going to have more of a Xbox feel to it, so hopefully those who use it like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

Yeah, so what's with the inconsistencies with the themes being either compacted vs natively wide?

 

AdminCP and Xbox are compact, while SNES and Playstation are wide/stretched to window border

 

Not inconsistencies, options. Some users prefer fixed width, some prefer fluid width. That's why there's both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

 

Eh, I'm so used to having the Playstation theme with fixed width :P

 

 

 

Huh, I always thought PlayStation was full width. But now that I think of it, I did make that change. I will look into it tomorrow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the XBox theme, avatars seem to have a white background behind them. I specifically made my avatar a PNG with transparency so that it wouldn't have a white background. :p  Any chance you could make the default avatar background color the same as the posts? Then transparency effects would work. :twothumbsup:

 

Edit - 

 

just to make sure you know what I'm talking about: the white background behind my avatar here:

 

s50jKU0.jpg

 

is a part of the theme, it seems, because the image itself doesn't have that white background, as you can see here, when it's embedded on a black background:

 

vx6TcyC.jpg

 

or here in a post, it takes on the color of the background:

 

tolkien_logo06.thumb.png.cdf0fc5c84877c2

 

This doesn't seem to be the case on the other themes... on all of the other themes, the background color is the same as the post color. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

On the XBox theme, avatars seem to have a white background behind them. I specifically made my avatar a PNG with transparency so that it wouldn't have a white background. :p  Any chance you could make the default avatar background color the same as the posts? Then transparency effects would work. :twothumbsup:

 

Edit - 

 

just to make sure you know what I'm talking about: the white background behind my avatar here:

 

s50jKU0.jpg

 

is a part of the theme, it seems, because the image itself doesn't have that white background, as you can see here, when it's embedded on a black background:

 

vx6TcyC.jpg

 

or here in a post, it takes on the color of the background:

 

tolkien_logo06.thumb.png.cdf0fc5c84877c2

 

This doesn't seem to be the case on the other themes... on all of the other themes, the background color is the same as the post color. 

 

Fixed. Background now set to transparent. The PlayStation theme avatar background is most likely set to white, which is why it's harder to notice, because it's the same color as the site background. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Emblazon said:

 

Should be fixed now. 

 

It does in fact no longer run off the page but did you just severely dial down max width for all embeded content? Look at the OP of that thread for example, it seems like the Youtube video could be the same width as the quote box above it, instead it's ~50% as wide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jason said:

 

It does in fact no longer run off the page but did you just severely dial down max width for all embeded content? Look at the OP of that thread for example, it seems like the Youtube video could be the same width as the quote box above it, instead it's ~50% as wide.

 

Yeah. YouTube embeds should be different, but apparently the code I altered is changing both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...