What should I pick for my takeout/movie night?

My girlfriend and I occasionally gift 'coupons' to one another that may be used to dictate takeout and movie choice on a particular night...Because we usually strive to compromise, inevitably there are preferences/choices that are disregarded due to the other party's preferences, thus the coupons are a way we make it right to the other person by giving them an explicit opportunity to overrule the other person.

I am in possession of one such coupon and will be utilizing it tonight. Through a series of negotiations I have secured the right to a double-feature, on the condition that the second film be a Showa-era Godzilla film (as we've been watching them previously, the next one on the docket is 'Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster'), however I'm still not settled on the first film. Ergo, I am seeking counsel. These are among the films I am considering:

*denotes I have seen the film before, but not in a long time

Movies She Has Constantly Vetoed That I Have Been Considering The Most:

Seven Samurai

Enter the Dragon

The Lighthouse

Annihilation

Movies She Has Been Apathetic Towards, But I Haven't Considered Them As Much:

The Matrix*

Predator*

Commando*

The Death of Stalin

Movies I Want To Watch, But She Does Too (And Thus Might Be A Waste Of The Coupon):

John Wick Chapter 2

The Royal Tenenbaums*

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Further suggestions are welcome, but those have been among my most considered. A decision must be made by approximately 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Movies She Has Constantly Vetoed That I Have Been Considering The Most:

Enter The Dragon will be the easiest of them to watch. 

Movies She Has Been Apathetic Towards, But I Haven't Considered Them As Much:

Predator , its no contest

Movies I Want To Watch, But She Does Too (And Thus Might Be A Waste Of The Coupon)

John Wick 2

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Further suggestions are welcome, but those have been among my most considered. A decision must be made by approximately 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

What are you looking for?

the death of stalin is hilarious. not sure if she is into that kind of humor, but it’s the last time   @Commissar SFLUFAN laughed! 

Annihilation has a few action spots and I love the movie, but a lot of people think it’s weird. The mystery of it might be intriguing to her though. 

the lighthouse is also great but even weirder than annihilation. 

i wouldn’t use the coupon on seven samurai because of how long it is. i got somebody to watch it with me and they fell asleep. 

i would watch something you haven’t seen with the coupon though 

I'm with @SimpleG in that Enter the Dragon is probably the easiest to watch, it's super cheesy and kind of fun. However, I wouldn't sleep on Seven Samurai, sometimes classics are classics for a reason though some people are lazy and don't want to read subs.

As for the others I think The Matrix is kind of required viewing and less adrenaline soaked than the Arnold movies.

The Grand Budapest Hotel though you find it's a waste of a coupon you both need to see it right now! I think she would really enjoy it.

The Death of Stalin is absolutely wonderful, I highly recommend it. The Lighthouse is good, but it is like "make you want to kill yourself" dark. Not exactly a popcorn flick. John Wick 2 had me literally bursting out laughing at times, and I don't know if it's meant to be funny (there are absolutely absurd action scenes in it). 

To throw in another suggestion, I just recently watched Escape from New York (I think it was on HBO Max) and FUUUUUUUCK is that movie so good. I just want it in and around me.

But I wholeheartedly suggest The Death of Stalin. 'Delightful' is the word I'd use for that movie. It's hilarious, complex, heartfelt, and wonderful.

15 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I'm jonesing for some pulpy action,

Maybe something like

The Last Boy Scout 

Above The Law

Marked For Death

Cobra

Looper

13 Assassins 

Killing Them Softly

Lady Snowblood

They Live

Dread

Lucky Number Slevin

9 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

To throw in another suggestion, I just recently watched Escape from New York (I think it was on HBO Max) and FUUUUUUUCK is that movie so good. I just want it in and around me.

Carpenter makes some of the most memorable and lived in worlds. You either love it or despise it.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

How about you both watch Riki-Oh?

Holy shit thanks for reminding me of the name and @SimpleG for the gif. I've been trying to remember the title of this one for years now! I saw it like three times at my friend's house way back on some shitty VHS dub and the gore was so totally insane, I've wanted to see it again ever since.

• Shocked 1

My picks from that list would be either The Matrix or The Grand Budapest Hotel.  My wife is usually not a fan of action/genre stuff, but she was extremely compelled by the story of The Matrix, and that movie has held up brilliantly.  Similarly, Grand Budapest has such a zany, madcap tone, but it's balanced with some real affecting drama, so that could suit both tastes as well.  It's also Wes Anderson's strongest movie by far in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

The Death of Stalin is absolutely wonderful, I highly recommend it. The Lighthouse is good, but it is like "make you want to kill yourself" dark. Not exactly a popcorn flick. John Wick 2 had me literally bursting out laughing at times, and I don't know if it's meant to be funny (there are absolutely absurd action scenes in it). 

But I wholeheartedly suggest The Death of Stalin. 'Delightful' is the word I'd use for that movie. It's hilarious, complex, heartfelt, and wonderful.

A friend of mine just said the same thing about escape from New York.  I think I’m gonna watch it tonight.

on the theme of 80s movies, 3 o’clock high is a funny little gem.

also, if you haven’t seen annihilation you should 

The Grand Budapest Hotel or The Royal Tenenbaums are a must watch and think both would enjoy.

if you’re looking for suggestions on stuff

Upgrade (for the love god watch if you haven’t yet)

Turbo Kid (pure 80’s cheesy goodness)

Paddington 1&2 (Films are just charming as hell)

1 minute ago, Captain Pickle said:

Ehhh

Now people got problems with The Matrix?? Not only is it a movie that every woman I've shown has loved, it has gotten me laid every time I do show it. Weirdly enough, the only other movie to accomplish such a feat is the Jason Statham film Crank (I think the soundtrack is what does it?). :p 

3 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Wait, neither of you have seen The Matrix?? Then that’s the fucking answer, immediately. Stop dicking around on the internet and go watch that right away!!

7 hours ago, Chris- said:

*denotes I have seen the film before, but not in a long time

7 hours ago, Chris- said:

The Matrix*

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Now people got problems with The Matrix?? Not only is it a movie that every woman I've shown has loved, it has gotten me laid every time I do show it. Weirdly enough, the only other movie to accomplish such a feat is the Jason Statham film Crank (I think the soundtrack is what does it?). :p 

The matrix is an epic film but most of us have seen it enough for a lifetime. 

ps I hate crank

59 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

The matrix is an epic film but most of us have seen it enough for a lifetime. 

ps I hate crank

You can hate Crank, I get it, I'm just giving you what I've experienced. :p And Chris said he hasn't seen Matrix in a long time, so you saying most of us doesn't apply here.