March PlayStation Plus Games

SimpleG

I really can't wait to try Maquette. Never even heard of it before today. I loved Concrete Genie last month, which is a game I'd have never bought on my own. And now im playing Curse of the Dead Gods, which is another incredible indie experience. Lots of stuff dropping in my lap that I had no idea about before.

Not much for me this month since I bought FF7R and have Remnant from a prior giveaway on Epic.

20 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

FFVII Remake is huge! I never made it that far in the original game, but I guess I'll check this one out now. You know, to be a part of the conversation. 

Putting FF7R on there is pretty smart for those like you.  Hooks you in for the next entry and such.  It's a bit of a shame it's only the PS4 version, but it's a pretty optimized game in the first place.  30fps should be fine for it.

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I really can't wait to try Maquette. Never even heard of it before today. I loved Concrete Genie last month, which is a game I'd have never bought on my own.

I was so close to buying it on recent PSN/Gamestop sales.  I really need to check it out!  Only have PSN Plus active now because of a gift card, so I'll definitely get to it before that runs out.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Not much for me this month since I bought FF7R and have Remnant from a prior giveaway on Epic.

Putting FF7R on there is pretty smart for those like you.  Hooks you in for the next entry and such.  It's a bit of a shame it's only the PS4 version, but it's a pretty optimized game in the first place.  30fps should be fine for it.

The ps4 version has a 60fps mode if he has a ps5.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I was so close to buying it on recent PSN/Gamestop sales.  I really need to check it out!  Only have PSN Plus active now because of a gift card, so I'll definitely get to it before that runs out.

Considering the deals you can get on ps+ (30$/yr at cdkeys), im unsure why a playstation owner would be without it. 

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The ps4 version has a 60fps mode if he has a ps5.

You'll have to own the game, as in not on PS Plus, to play it at 60fps on a PS5.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Yes, at 60fps on performance mode.

There is no 60fps performance mode on PS4.  On PS5 there is.  But again, the PS+ version won't allow for it there.  It'll run in backwards compatibility, where it's locked to 30fps.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

You'll have to own the game, as in not on PS Plus, to play it at 60fps on a PS5.

There is no 60fps performance mode on PS4.  On PS5 there is.  But again, the PS+ version won't allow for it there.

When you play the ps4 version on ps5 it is locked at 60fps. Regardless of where you bought it. Im not talking about the ps5 version.

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

When you play the ps4 version on ps5 it is locked at 60fps. Regardless of where you bought it. Im not talking about the ps5 version.

Nope.  PS4 version is currently locked at 30fps regardless of what you play it on.

Hence why Square announced the PS5 patch will have a 60fps option.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

I still haven’t been able to get my hands on a PS5 yet, so I don’t mind. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

It’s weird to me that people call stuff like FF7R jrpgs. 

They are technically correct, but that term means something very specific to me and I guess those days have passed us by. 

Its a Japanese RPG. Made in japan and an RPG. Thats the exact definition. It's a style, it has nothing to do with turn based or any other type of system.

So glad I waited to buy the Final Fantasy remake. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Its a Japanese RPG. Made in japan and an RPG. Thats the exact definition. It's a style, it has nothing to do with turn based or any other type of system.

That's always been my understanding... JRPG'S changed their battle systems up so much that I don't think any one system could be attributed to the genre. The battle system in FF7Remake seems preety similar to the system in Grandia and other "real time combat" JRPG's I've played. I never understood a JRPG to mean a turn based RPG exclusively.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Just an FYI but you dont get the PS5 upgrade and DLC for free if you claim it on PSN plus

d4b10370-7841-11eb-9fb5-49ca030ab898.cf.
WWW.ENGADGET.COM

There are five games in next month's lineup, including PS4, PS5 and PS VR titles.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's always been my understanding... JRPG'S changed their battle systems up so much that I don't think any one system could be attributed to the genre. The battle system in FF7Remake seems preety similar to the system in Grandia and other "real time combat" JRPG's I've played. I never understood a JRPG to mean a turn based RPG exclusively.

I personally did is all I was saying. I’m not saying my perception of the genre was ever correct. 

However I’m not alone, there are articles written about this exact disagreement. 

I think the part that strikes me as odd is that RPGs made in different regions have converged enough in play styles (not to say they’re by any means homogenized, but western vs eastern RPGs are certainly more similar than they ever have been on the whole), that when someone calls FF7R a JRPG (which again, I’m not arguing, it is just that) it hits at my old assumptions on what precisely that is and is at odds with that assumption. 

Merely an observation, not trying to ruffle any feathers.