Fantasian - New Trailers (Sakaguchi's Diorama RPG)

crispy4000

Ill definitely check this out. The only mobile game I generally play is MTG Arena, but I'm a lifelong fan of Sakaguchi's work. He's probably one of the few creators whose name I knew growing up. Final Fantasy was my first RPG as a kid, it helped improve my reading skills, and I loved being able to choose a team of characters. 

When you got the rat tail and become adults, that was mind blowing to me at 8-9yo. 

I have fond memories of playing it with my uncles help (I had no idea what to do the first time I played), which is probably my last memories of him before his mental illness really started to harm his life, followed by a deep descent into alcoholism and drug use. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@DPCyric is down

The rest of everyone will avoid anything labeled "mobile" like the plague.

It's an Apple Arcade game so it probably doesn't have the F2P systems a lot of people don't like.

15 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

That Dimengeon system looks interesting too. 

Yeah I normally dislike random encounters but that looks like it could be interesting.

I enjoy a narrow band of mobile games. I ignore pretty much anything with the common F2P hooks, and I don’t have much of a use for games that try to emulate the “console experience” on my phone. Something like Grindstone, another Apple Arcade game, is a perfect mobile game in my book. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Cool, let me know when it's on a platform I give a shit about. Who the fuck releases a JRPG exclusively on fucking Apple shit? Apple users don't play JRPGs. Poor game is being sent out to be played by like 11 dudes.

Apparently Mistwalker has released several on Apple shit.

On 3/23/2021 at 2:04 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

That being said I downloaded Terra Battle eons ago but never played it. :(

It was pretty fun! If I was filthy rich I would start a company taking the good dead F2P games and turning them into traditional games. Terra Battle woulld easily be in that list of games was pretty unique.

Update: launching tomorrow!

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

It was pretty fun! If I was filthy rich I would start a company taking the good dead F2P games and turning them into traditional games. Terra Battle woulld easily be in that list of games was pretty unique.

Update: launching tomorrow!

I have apple arcade so I’ll give it a shot!

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It’s out now along with Platinum Games’ World of Demons. Got to bust out the kishi this weekend. 

@stepee

lol I was just going to make a thread after downloading it NEW PLATINUM GAME OUT NOW or something to disappoint everyone when they see it’s apple

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol I was just going to make a thread after downloading it NEW PLATINUM GAME OUT NOW or something to disappoint everyone when they see it’s apple

You might as well. It deserves its own thread in case it’s great

Mistwalker being locked into mobile-only games since The Last Story released om the Wii in 2011 is criminal. A decade now of Party Wave? Blade Guardian? Terra Battle 1+2? Terra Wars? Sakaguchi needs to get back to what he does best - single-player old-school JRPG's. Fantasian looks great but needs to be on Switch/PC at least.

I mean, it’s on pc, it’s just on mac not windows. It’s on mac, apple tv, ipad, and mobile, that’s a fair enough amount of platforms/user base for a release. So he kinda already did what you want, just not on a system you want, which is fine, but that’s just how these things work with exclusives.

Some of the games do make it out to other platforms though, so it could happen still.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stepee said:

I mean, it’s on pc, it’s just on mac not windows. It’s on mac, apple tv, ipad, and mobile, that’s a fair enough amount of platforms/user base for a release. So he kinda already did what you want, just not on a system you want, which is fine, but that’s just how these things work with exclusives.

Some of the games do make it out to other platforms though, so it could happen still.

That's true, I forgot about Macs, my bad. Then yes, he's definitely covered his bases, I agree. Guess I could play it on my wife's macbook . . . though I do believe you need the specific subscription as well to Apple Arcade. 

7 hours ago, stepee said:

I wonder how many people actually subscribe to Apple Arcade. The fact that Apple hasn't bragged about it yet makes me think they aren't doing great. That's even worse than Apple TV. Even then, Apple released numbers, but those numbers included the free year they give folks that buy Apple devices. They really should have just gone one price for Music, TV, and Arcade.

I’ve only played about about 90 minutes, but it feels like a pretty normal “console” JRPG. If you had told me this was a lost PS2 game or something like that, I would believe you. I don’t know how it works with a controller, but the iPad UI is good. 

• 3 months later...
cutscene05-1628513350152.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

The second part of Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi's Apple Arcade RPG, Fantasian, is almost upon us, with developer Mistwalker announcing today it would release...

- almost double the size of part 1

- described as "quest-driven" compared to the first part

- 40-60 hours to complete

- 34 new tracks by Nobuo Uematsu

- new gameplay features

• 1 year later...