Aliens: Fireteam Elite (24 August 2021 - $40) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brick

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Aliens: Fireteam (third-person, class-based, co-op survival shooter for 1 to 3 players) - Reveal Trailer

Some preview articles:

aliens-7.jpg?w=1200&strip=all
VENTUREBEAT.COM

Aliens: Fireteam, a new third-person co-op survival shooter, is coming to the PC and the consoles this this summer.

aliens-fireteam-00-scaled.jpg?fit=2560%2
BLOODY-DISGUSTING.COM

While Alien: Isolation did help scrub the unpleasantness of Aliens: Colonial Marines from Xenofans minds, there’s always been some regret that we didn’t ge

Aliens--Fireteam-Art-1.jpg
SCREENRANT.COM

Aliens: Fireteam is more action than horror.

aliens-fireteam-details-social.png
COLLIDER.COM

Aliens: Fireteam, from Cold Iron Studios and 20th Century Games, pits your team of Colonial Marines against a whole hive of Xenomorphs.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Aliens: Fireteam (third-person, class-based, co-op survival shooter for 1 to 3 players) - Reveal Trailer and preview articles

As much as I would love a sequel to Isolation and get another survival horror experience, I would too love a good co-op survival shooter that gives us the action experience Colonial Marines promised and failed to deliver. 

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm buying that shit full price, day one... reviews be damned.

Same. Survival co-op with xenomorphs! I can't think of a co-op game I want more. I loved the B4B demo, and am definitely day one on that, but im so fed up with Zombies in my games. 

Most creatives need to pick up a D&D monstrous manual and find some other enemy types. 

Its one thing SE is great at, having a large variety of enemies so everything is isn't same-same all the time.

I really, really hope they implement all of the Alien variations from the old Kenner toy line. I don't want to just fight the standard Xenomorphs. I want Bull Aliens, Snake Aliens, Scorpion Alien, Rhino Alien, etc. etc. etc. Were they ridiculous cash grabs? Yes. Were they awesome? Also yes.

And the Alien Queen should be one huge pissed off bitch. Gimme these things.

Face overwhelming odds against over 20 enemy types, including 11 different Xenomorphs along the evolutionary scale from Facehuggers to Praetorians, each designed with their own intelligence to ambush, outsmart and eviscerate vulnerable marines.

Pretty excited :D

35 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I really, really hope they implement all of the Alien variations from the old Kenner toy line. I don't want to just fight the standard Xenomorphs. I want Bull Aliens, Snake Aliens, Scorpion Alien, Rhino Alien, etc. etc. etc. Were they ridiculous cash grabs? Yes. Were they awesome? Also yes.

And the Alien Queen should be one huge pissed off bitch. Gimme these things.

Apparently they did look at the toys as well. Found an interview with the studio heads:

"we're huge fans of the series. We have almost a dozen Xenomorphs in the game, twenty enemy types... From the variety of what you saw in the original trilogy, and we took inspiration from novels and comic books, looked at the crazy stuff done with the toys... the early '90s toys were just crazy. And then we thought, what are some new exciting ways for a Colonial Marine to die to one of these things... how do we exploit the cool things that are in the Aliens universe without adding new stuff just to add it?"

https://www.cbr.com/interview-cold-iron-craig-zinkievich-matt-highison-aliens-fireteam/

1 hour ago, ARZ said:

Apparently they did look at the toys as well. Found an interview with the studio heads:

"we're huge fans of the series. We have almost a dozen Xenomorphs in the game, twenty enemy types... From the variety of what you saw in the original trilogy, and we took inspiration from novels and comic books, looked at the crazy stuff done with the toys... the early '90s toys were just crazy. And then we thought, what are some new exciting ways for a Colonial Marine to die to one of these things... how do we exploit the cool things that are in the Aliens universe without adding new stuff just to add it?"

https://www.cbr.com/interview-cold-iron-craig-zinkievich-matt-highison-aliens-fireteam/

Hell. Yes. My hype meter just went from casual interest to legit anticipation.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Aliens: Fireteam (third-person, class-based, co-op survival shooter for 1 to 3 players) - 25 minutes of gameplay footage
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Aliens: Fireteam Elite (third-person, class-based, co-op survival shooter for 1 to 3 players) - 24 August 2021 release for $40
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Aliens: Fireteam Elite (24 August 2021 - $40) - Information Thread, update: Pre-Order Trailer
3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I know I don't particularly like them.  The only one that I enjoy is the Gears of War series.

Oh - the Remedy games are pretty good too.  Except Quantum Break - that game sucks eggs.

Totally off topic but that sounds like something my mother would say lol. I got bullied a lot as a kid, and I remember her once saying to tell my bully to, "go suck an egg". Yeah that didn't exactly work well as a comeback...thanks Mom.

• Haha 1