A good old fashioned 'post your setup' thread

Chris-

72247874-E489-4900-9415-55-C9-C704-A540
This is the living room set up where my kids play most of their games.

F82-B76-B1-7-AD1-40-B8-B829-FB1-D69860-BC5 This is the new playroom/schoolroom in the addition I built last year that will eventually house their gaming stuff. I think I’ll move the Sony in here and put another LG OLED in the living room since I sometimes watch stuff in the living room and never want my eyes to be assaulted with grey blacks again.

Built a new house and had everything wired in the walls. My living room has a 5.1 setup with speakers in the walls and ceilings. I love it. Also love being able to mount a TV without having a cable raceway. HTPC on the right. Switch, PS4, and all of my mini retro consoles are in the cabinet. Everything else is in boxes. All my blurays are ripped then put on my Plex server.

Getting a new TV this year. Just waiting for some good LED HDMI 2.1 compatible.

XwIk7C3.jpeg

Comfy couch

gWo0yTb.jpg

• Like 1

@CastlevaniaNut18 Great setup and collection. I love seeing the changes over the years. 

I will post my setup with new photos alter. Seeing those has me wanting to share new photos.

Also I'm so glad I avoided getting into amigos those things can take up a ton of space. I have a select few so far and sadly lost my first when I moved a few years back.

I hope to end up with a an arcade machine like an astro cab. If I had one I would throw in a Mister inside and pickup a few boards.

Also I'm still trying to get a PS5 and for those lucky to have one it is nice to see it fit in some of your cabinets.

Also I recently and finally bought long enough cables to run behind the wall. I would say lighting is the next thing I need to tackle. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bjomesphat said:

Built a new house and had everything wired in the walls. My living room has a 5.1 setup with speakers in the walls and ceilings. I love it. Also love being able to mount a TV without having a cable raceway. HTPC on the right. Switch, PS4, and all of my mini retro consoles are in the cabinet. Everything else is in boxes. All my blurays are ripped then put on my Plex server.

Getting a new TV this year. Just waiting for some good LED HDMI 2.1 compatible.

XwIk7C3.jpeg

Comfy couch

gWo0yTb.jpg

fucking beautiful house man...did you say built??

35 minutes ago, stepee said:

fucking beautiful house man...did you say built??

Thanks! Yeah it was a new construction about a year and a half ago, I didn't build it myself or anything. Just picked out the type of house we wanted on the plot we chose. Then customized the whole interior and some of the exterior.

It's always been my dream to have a big yard, and a single family home so I can blast movies/games/music without care. Got really lucky though because finding something like this that is affordable in the Northern Virginia area is almost impossible.

• Like 1

Living room, which is kind of a mess right now (those cables ugh) because I'm rearranging everything. My games are mostly in this other room below it though which is sort of my reading room. Those red curtains open up to a huge picture frame window so it's a great reading spot.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Anyhow I'm obviously just goofing because I know how you used to be about this kind of stuff. :p My setup is a hideous nest of cables running all over the place because I'm too cheap to update my ancient receiver until I'm in a place where I can actually set up surround sound (even if I went for wireless speakers the walls are just too thin here), but my receiver is pre-HDMI, which means lots of fun extra cabling running around working around the lack of HDMI on the receiver. Also some of the cabling is from when I legitimately needed 50 ft runs of cable and which I'm now, again, too cheap to replace while it works.

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

One of the first things we did when we bought our house was fixing it so we could run ethernet and other cables behind the walls. So much nicer.

That sounds so nice. How does it work if you need to add or replace a cable? Is it long runs through the walls or just openings to get to the other side of a wall?

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

That sounds so nice. How does it work if you need to add or replace a cable? Is it long runs through the walls or just openings to get to the other side of a wall?

Most are fairly short and routed to the other side. Like, my husband is running some virtual machine on the server and it’s wired to the TV on the other side of the wall. 

Our Ethernet is a bit more complicated, but it all routes to the crawl space downstairs where the network stuff is located. It was kind of a pain and we had to use these rods and tubes to guide it through. I don’t really ever want to do that again. But everything in our house is Ethernet, except for the all portable devices. 

22 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

EvfkHq3XIAgDBsg?format=jpg&name=small

Any problems with Drift? Its the reason I refuse to buy a Switch Lite. Don't want to have to send it to Nintendo every 6 months. How much have you used it? 

18 hours ago, sblfilms said:

B4-AAA63-A-6-BD9-4420-AF7-F-C251-C3272-A28

I straightened up some of the papers on my desk for a quick shot

Oh, that Red Camera is sexy. Badass, but the price is way out of my range.

I've been doing a lot of remodeling in my basement so not everything is finished or in place for my office but here it is.

My office/setup:

The battle station/work station

spacer.png

Guitars and media shelves. Some guitars are not pictured. They are upstairs.

spacer.png

A straight-on of my book/CD/record/figure shelf.

spacer.png

And my comic drawers for good measure. There are over 1500 right now.

spacer.png

• Like 3