Pokémon OT - Gotta Catch 'Em All

Pikachu

So this confirms they're bringing in some of the Pokemon that didn't make the first cut, right? Asking because I'm pretty sure we saw some Pokemon that weren't in Sword and Shield.

EDIT: Nevermind. That was the case. That's what happens when you watch these things with no sound while at work.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-sword-and-shield-expansion-adds-over-200-existi-1840898163

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

The reliance on almost exclusively concept art is kind of startling. Did they just start work on it last week or something? A lot of the main game felt rushed, and this isn't making me confident about the DLC.

They have until June. It's not like this is coming next month. 

18 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Right, they have half a year, so why announce with a fucking concept art slideshow? It wasn't even a good slideshow. 

This is Gamefreak we're talking about here. Their presentation skills are stuck in the '90s.

Ooh, I'm pretty optimistic about these expansions. Assuming, of course, they are what they were really introduced as; the Sword/Shield equivalent to Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum/Black2/White2 etc. Though these areas seem smaller, so I'm not sure how that would truly equate...unless the content is really, really dense and compact. And updates are free and are released on a regular basis.

And at least these are coming in at a *kinda* easy to digest price of only $30 ($20 would have been the sweet spot) but at least they aren't so bold to charge us $40 (or so out-of-their-minds to try to sell them at a full $60 a pop!). 

Adding in the remaining 200 or so PKMN that, let's face it, probably SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the base game to begin, with seems a little greasy. But with all the other added content, new areas, new forms of existing PKMN and some new story stuff...I'll admit I'd probably end up buying it anyway. So getting all the older gen PKMN "back" is just the cherry on top. (for me, anyway)

Looks like the only thing I have to really wait for now is for Pokémon Home to release so I can get my teams out of jail...er, out of Pokémon Bank! ....and then subsequently into Sword/Shield.

I don't care one little bit about Mystery Dungeon

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Ooh, I'm pretty optimistic about these expansions. Assuming, of course, they are what they were really introduced as; the Sword/Shield equivalent to Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum/Black2/White2 etc. Though these areas seem smaller, so I'm not sure how that would truly equate...unless the content is really, really dense and compact. And updates are free and are released on a regular basis.

And at least these are coming in at a *kinda* easy to digest price of only $30 ($20 would have been the sweet spot) but at least they aren't so bold to charge us $40 (or so out-of-their-minds to try to sell them at a full $60 a pop!). 

Adding in the remaining 200 or so PKMN that, let's face it, probably SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the base game to begin, with seems a little greasy. But with all the other added content, new areas, new forms of existing PKMN and some new story stuff...I'll admit I'd probably end up buying it anyway. So getting all the older gen PKMN "back" is just the cherry on top. (for me, anyway)

Looks like the only thing I have to really wait for now is for Pokémon Home to release so I can get my teams out of jail...er, out of Pokémon Bank! ....and then subsequently into Sword/Shield.

I don't care one little bit about Mystery Dungeon

Those 200 Pokemon are coming back to everyone. They'll be catchable in the expansion areas and anyone without them can just bring them in from Pokemon Home or via a trade. You're really paying $15 for each expansion that's just new areas to explore and an expanded story.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

200 Pokemon? Guys, we're short nearly 500. There's less than half the total Pokemon available. There's 890 total and Sword/Shield has just 401.

Yeah, these expansions aren't getting anyone anywhere near the complete. I think people are just happy to see them patching in additional Pokemon through free updates. I'd be more happy if they focused on each generation's starters and not Pokemon like horses.

And don’t forget about Wonder Trade or Mystery Gift or whatever. You can fill out the Galar PokéDex fairly easily with just one copy of the game. And I see no reason why that wouldn’t also happen with the expansions. 

So, in conclusion, you can fill out the PokéDex with one copy of the game, and Epstein didn’t kill himself. 

9 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

And don’t forget about Wonder Trade or Mystery Gift or whatever. You can fill out the Galar PokéDex fairly easily with just one copy of the game. And I see no reason why that wouldn’t also happen with the expansions. 

So, in conclusion, you can fill out the PokéDex with one copy of the game, and Epstein didn’t kill himself. 

Well you said at least one correct thing in this reply.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...