What theme do you use?

Emblazon

What theme do you use?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your primary theme of choice?

At the very least, I'll have the SFW versions of the three themes up before end of day  tomorrow. Next up will be Retro, then Dreamcast, then Backwards Compatible. I have a metric shit-ton of stuff to move around my house before Wednesday because we're having our drywall replaced and the entire house repainted. So please be patient--the other themes will be coming, along with a festive theme for next month.

As always, if you notice something a bit off with any of the themes, please let me know about it in the theme thread in Development Central.

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

What Jason said is kinda what I wanted to say with but I suck at words. Like it being the default means every person who made an account and then never posted is using the snes them. 

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Right - I know that was what you meant.  However, even when I look at the data for the regular posters, there isn't much change in their usage.  SNES is still dominant by far.

My point wasn't about all the abandoned accounts though. Most people aren't going to have strong preferences about this kind of thing, and thus it will never even occur to them to see if it's a setting that can be changed as long as nothing about the default is actively objectionable to them.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I associate it with grey.

That is dumb as there has only been one grey PS. Th rest have been black, even the handhelds. This is not counting special edition consoles. And I also owned a PS1 as my first sony console.

The original three themes were never really intended to be the colors of the systems. It was just a new naming convention for the themes that we had. But as I started making new themes, I made them color coded to the consoles they were representing. 

I'm going to do some slight modifications to the theme naming. The themes themselves will remain mostly the same, but the current PlayStation theme will get some slight color changes and be the "Nintendo" theme, while the current SNES theme will get some PS blue highlights and be named the "PlayStation" theme, and I'll remove the space BG header. 

All other themes will remain as close to what they were as possible. 

I don't really see a need to keep the generic blue theme accents from the previous iteration of D1P. 

I'm keeping the old PlayStation theme as "Classic", just in case there are some who don't prefer the color change. What was the PlayStation theme is now called "Nintendo". The new PlayStation theme, which will be replacing SNES will be coming shortly.

• Like 1