What theme do you use?

Emblazon

What theme do you use?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your primary theme of choice?

Now that the SNES theme is (nearly) up and running, I just wanted a little input as to the order I should start working on the rest of the themes, which will be based off the # of votes. Additionally, I'm going to open a Theme thread in Development Central, so when your theme goes live, and if you notice something not right about it, please post about it in that thread, as it will make fixing the issue that much easier.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

RETRO. IF YOU DON'T USE THAT U ARE DUMB. I mean it is classic IGN which is great. Grey is a perfect balance.

Tho, SNES has gotten better with it being full width. I just don't care for the generic animated header.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

RETRO. IF YOU DON'T USE THAT U ARE DUMB. I mean it is classic IGN which is great. Grey is a perfect balance.

Tho, SNES has gotten better with it being full width. I just don't care for the generic animated header.  

The problem is, the background is 2 layers, moving in opposite directions, and I haven't figured out how change both. I can have just one, which is what I used for Halloween and Christmas, but not two. 

If you can think of a single scrolling header that goes with the SNES theme and doesn't look too busy, I'll happily put it together and see how it looks. 

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be an image of a SNES scrolling by then the controller then loops. Or Something like SMW Mario and Yoshi running across the screen. You could prolly do the same thing with sonic and the dreamcast theme.

Kinda like the opening of SWM but you know, without the actual game. Honestly if you could do both layers then it would really look good cuz then up could have a level as the second layer. 

Also, making yt videos smaller is something I hope you guys get around to sooner rather than later. 

Edit: Kinda something like this but pixel 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

@Emblazon - just to give you an idea, I did an analysis of pre-D1Pocalypse theme use based on the 425 members that are making the "final cut" for importing into the new database.

1.18% - Backwards Compatible

0.71% - Dreamcast

8.94% - PlayStation

3.06% - Retro 2600

7.06% - Xbox 

78.12% - SNES

Thanks! That's more or less the order I was going to go in. :)

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Based on the data, it wouldn't be that much different at all.  The proportions would be roughly the same.

I suspect that whichever one we made the default would get that kind of lopsided representation. 

5 hours ago, Emblazon said:

@Biggie @Anzo

Do you recall, with the Xbox theme, were the post backgrounds dark or light? Would you prefer a darker background and lighter text?

It was basically retro but a fixed width and non Xbox colors. My biggest gripe was that the Playstation theme looked like Xbox and the Xbox looked like playstation, but no one cared. ?‍♀️

16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It was basically retro but a fixed width and non Xbox colors. My biggest gripe was that the Playstation theme looked like Xbox and the Xbox looked like playstation, but no one cared. ?‍♀️

That is where you are wrong. 

Retro looks more like SNES. If the blue was changed to purple it would look almost like an SNES theme. 

1200px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg

And the SNES them looks more like Sony.

playstation-3.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1

81QWa2SdU-L._SX522_.jpg

5388900_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

The current PS theme reminds me more of the dreamcast than the playstation. Change it to green and it is xbox. 

I understand that the theme is based off of the PS1, or I assume it is, but I associate PS with black. 

Also this would make a killer theme if done right. 

main-qimg-1ae275ccd7218859a1692d1f3106e4

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's an excellent point actually.

What Jason said is kinda what I wanted to say with but I suck at words. Like it being the default means every person who made an account and then never posted is using the snes them. 

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What Jason said is kinda what I wanted to say with but I suck at words. Like it being the default means every person who made an account and then never posted is using the snes them. 

Right - I know that was what you meant.  However, even when I look at the data for the regular posters, there isn't much change in their usage.  SNES is still dominant by far.

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

Right - I know that was what you meant.  However, even when I look at the data for the regular posters, there isn't much change in them usage.  SNES is still dominant by far.

Oh. Well then. I just assume I don't get my point across often cuz it sure feels that way IRL.