Days Gone coming to PC this Spring, Gran Turismo 7 delayed to 2022, update: Days Gone PC gameplay footage

SaysWho?

23022021_PS_HP.jpg
WWW.GQ-MAGAZINE.CO.UK

PlayStation head honcho Jim Ryan has some news to share on PS5 stock, Sony’s 2021 release schedule and a new PlayStation VR headset.

What about PlayStation games on PC? A whole slate of them is on the way starting with Days Gone this spring. And as for Sony’s publishing timetable for the year? Well, Covid has been up to no good again and booted Gran Turismo 7 back to 2022. Don’t worry, plans for the Uncharted movie and Last Of Us TV series are very much on track.

Gran Turismo 7:

“GT7 has been impacted by Covid-related production challenges and therefore will shift from 2021 to 2022. With the ongoing pandemic, it’s a dynamic and changing situation and some critical aspects of game production have been slowed over the past several months. We’ll share more specifics on GT7’s release date when available.”

Days Gone and Sony on PC:

Fair enough. So releasing PlayStation games on PC was something that Sony PlayStation held back on for a long time. Now it sounds like you’re very much on that bandwagon. What changed?

I think a few things changed. We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.

Despite GT7's delay, Ryan says they're feeling good about the rest of the slate making it this year:

Fair enough. We imagine you’ve got a roadmap for 2021 in terms of the games that you want to release. How fixed is that given the disruptions Covid-19 has caused to development? Returnal recently got pushed back a month.

Yeah, we’re feeling pretty good about Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Horizon Forbidden West. And, you know, there are two approaches to this: you can either hold the date and put out the game irrespective of quality or you can ship it when it’s right. We have always taken the latter approach. There have been some fairly high-profile instances of publishers trying the former approach.

34 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

For heaven's sake, Sony - just go ahead and announce Bloodborne for the PC and get it over with!

I just don't know why they never mention Bloodborne at all. No PS4 Pro patch, no PS5 patch, no PC version. The game has apparently sold over 3 million copies not including digital sales, I don't get why there's no effort or support for it. 

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

God covid sucks. I still want a ps5 pretty soon but has the drift issue with the controller been addressed? 

I wouldn't worry about it.  With all three companies being sued over it, you can bet replacement programs will be put into place at some point to address it along with your check in the mail for $0.36

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, vaxick said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  With all three companies being sued over it, you can bet replacement programs will be put into place at some point to address it along with your check in the mail for $0.36

Cool. I'm thinking late March early April I'll try and snag the ps5. Xsx? No idea but I want that, too!

Steam Store page for Days Gone is up:

header.jpg?t=1614131301
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Ride and fight into a deadly, post pandemic America. Play as Deacon St. John, a drifter and bounty hunter who rides the broken road, fighting to survive while searching for a reason to live in this open-world action-adventure game.

• 1 month later...

I got the PS4 version long ago for cheap. Been sitting on it because I  had plans to play it enhanced on my PS5(which it seems I'll never be able to get).

Since I finally was bored into building a new PC last year(thanks, Covid!), I may break down and get the PC version.

2 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I got the PS4 version long ago for cheap. Been sitting on it because I  had plans to play it enhanced on my PS5(which it seems I'll never be able to get).

Since I finally was bored into building a new PC last year(thanks, Covid!), I may break down and get the PC version.

Might as well get the PC version. It's a little unpolished but overall I had a blast playing it.  Definitely worth a play through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Days Gone coming to PC this Spring, Gran Turismo 7 delayed to 2022, update: Days Gone PC gameplay footage

For those who haven't played it and have a nice PC, dig into this game. It's a little rough around the edges but the game is a joy to play all the way through. Or at least play it on the PS5 at 60fps 4k if you have that option too. It's a great game.