Not that anyone cares, but BlizzConline Day 1 is today and already happened. New WoW patch, TBC Classic, Hearthstone Classic, Rogue in Diablo 4, and Diablo 2 Remastered (on PC and Console) which doesn't replace old Diablo 2.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:48 AM, TheLeon said:

Add me to the list of people who vastly prefer using a controller for Diablo. But even then, I get kinda burned out on that style of game pretty easily. I got to Act 4 in D3 once and had enough. 

And I hate how much I’m excited for the new Hearthstone changes. I can’t believe I’ve been playing that stupid game for almost 7 years now. 

I played Hearthstone daily from early 2016 through late 2018. I probably spent more money on that game than any other in my life.

I redownloaded it on Friday night. Back to the well.

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I've never played a Diablo game. Is the second one a good place to start?

Gameplay wise Diablo 2 is a much better game.

Lore wise you could probably watch a short video to get the important events from Diablo 1.

That said I have a soft spot for Diablo 1. I can't say it runs stellar on modern PC's though, even with the HD mods out there, but there is nothing quite like facing off against the butcher for the first time.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I've never played a Diablo game. Is the second one a good place to start?

For you I would suggest Diablo 3 on the Switch. It's not as obtuse as Diablo 2 can be and the combat is more engaging.

• Like 1

On second thought, maybe I won't be giving this game a try... Was kind of bored to tears watching that video. I guess it'll never quite click why people like this genre so much to me. A shame, since people put in so many hours, and I like games where I can sink lots of hours when I've got nothing else to play. But it just looks so duuuuull.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

On second thought, maybe I won't be giving this game a try... Was kind of bored to tears watching that video. I guess it'll never quite click why people like this genre so much to me. A shame, since people put in so many hours, and I like games where I can sink lots of hours when I've got nothing else to play. But it just looks so duuuuull.

Its 100% not a game to watch other people play. 

What I love about it is how different you can attack the skill tree. You can make such totally different builds all inside the same class. And the most fun is when you find a build that works that isn’t super obvious. The loot was perfect. You got just the right number of high level/legendary stuff per run that you didn’t feel over powered and you never got annoyed that nothing was dropping. It also kept getting better in a meaningful way. So you just kept wanting to keep going. The loot in that game was legit addicting. 

That all being said I’m not sure I could go back to D2. The third game evolved it in so many ways, I think I’d get bored going back. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Its 100% not a game to watch other people play. 

What I love about it is how different you can attack the skill tree. You can make such totally different builds all inside the same class. And the most fun is when you find a build that works that isn’t super obvious. The loot was perfect. You got just the right number of high level/legendary stuff per run that you didn’t feel over powered and you never got annoyed that nothing was dropping. It also kept getting better in a meaningful way. So you just kept wanting to keep going. The loot in that game was legit addicting. 

That all being said I’m not sure I could go back to D2. The third game evolved it in so many ways, I think I’d get bored going back. 

I loved Diablo 3, but never played 2. So this makes me wonder if I’ll like 2. 

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I loved the original and 3 was kinda mediocre on 2... I think you have to be into the PvP to really enjoy it.

19 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If you never played 2 at all I’d say give it a shot. I’m someone that put hundreds of hours into it. So after the initial wave of nostalgia I think my insane familiarity with the game will make it get stale. But the story and levels are fun so if you never played it then go for it!