Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

• Bacon changed the title to Not that anyone cares, but BlizzConline Day 1 is today and already happened. New WoW patch, TBC Classic, Hearthstone Classic, Rogue in Diablo 4, and Diablo 2 Remastered (on PC and Console) which doesn't replace old Diablo 2.
3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Pretty excited about Burning Crusade again, plus they're making some nice changes like seal of blood for ally pallies, and locking T5 raids instead of letting people blow through T4 and into 5 before the first PVP season even starts, lol.

They are also having a 1 per account level 58 boost so you can take a character into TBC from the start if you didn't play classic. AND MY GOD, Classic WoW reddit is crying. Saying WoW is dead. Wow is Ruined. Oh how I love it. 

One thing that is BS tho is that you have to decide if you want to take your character into TBC Classic, or leave them Behind in WoW: Classic. Blizzard even says it is an important decision to make... Unless you use their new paid service that copies your character so you can have them in both TBC and WoW classic. Real scumbag move. The thing that everyone wants is a paid service. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

They are also having a 1 per account level 58 boost so you can take a character into TBC from the start if you didn't play classic. AND MY GOD, Classic WoW reddit is crying. Saying WoW is dead. Wow is Ruined. Oh how I love it. 

One thing that is BS tho is that you have to decide if you want to take your character into TBC Classic, or leave them Behind in WoW: Classic. Blizzard even says it is an important decision to make... Unless you use their new paid service that copies your character so you can have them in both TBC and WoW classic. Real scumbag move. The thing that everyone wants is a paid service. 

Yeah, people are real babies about boosts, doesn't even work on the expansion races that most people would be making to re-roll with.

Will they allow controllers on PC Diablo? I never really got into Diablo 3 because Diablo seems like a sort of mindless podcast game, which is fine by me, but I either had to play it on my console to use a controller or on my PC for the "real" experience, not that it ran badly on consoles, but it's usually more of a pain in the butt to switch over to a console for what I consider a relaxing experience. 

Getting back out of the weeds, I would be dramatically more likely to actually play a Diablo title if I could play the PC version with a gamepad.

27 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Will they allow controllers on PC Diablo? I never really got into Diablo 3 because Diablo seems like a sort of mindless podcast game, which is fine by me, but I either had to play it on my console to use a controller or on my PC for the "real" experience, not that it ran badly on consoles, but it's usually more of a pain in the butt to switch over to a console for what I consider a relaxing experience. 

Getting back out of the weeds, I would be dramatically more likely to actually play a Diablo title if I could play the PC version with a gamepad.

I would assume there will be support for a PC game pad. Would be very odd if they left it out. 

50 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I would assume there will be support for a PC game pad. Would be very odd if they left it out. 

They left it out of 3.

50 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Controller support for the PC version is confirmed.

Fuck. Guess I'm playing a Diablo game then.

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

Very excited by all the Diablo news. Diablo 3 is one of my favorite games ever, and I only messed around with Diablo 2 when I was younger, so that’s immediately my most anticipated game. 

This post literally could have been written by me.

Diablo 3 is one of the only games where I've maxed every class. I also didn't start PC gaming until the late 00s, so I never played D2. Really excited about Resurrected. Although I never played Warcraft 3 and was excited for Reforged, and we all know what happened there.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I tried out Diablo 2 about 10 years ago and enjoyed it, though as I wasn’t part of that initial rush - I didn’t love it. I’d give it a go on the Switch but the fact they’ve said it will remain largely unchanged doesn’t exactly excite me -  it’s a 21 year old game...

Even ten years ago, it was quite old. D3 was coming at that point.

Add me to the list of people who vastly prefer using a controller for Diablo. But even then, I get kinda burned out on that style of game pretty easily. I got to Act 4 in D3 once and had enough. 

And I hate how much I’m excited for the new Hearthstone changes. I can’t believe I’ve been playing that stupid game for almost 7 years now. 

5 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I tried out Diablo 2 about 10 years ago and enjoyed it, though as I wasn’t part of that initial rush - I didn’t love it. I’d give it a go on the Switch but the fact they’ve said it will remain largely unchanged doesn’t exactly excite me -  it’s a 21 year old game...

Upgrading old games to look and work good on modern machines all thats required.  New games are for new mechanics, remakes generally do nothing for me which is why i own 0 of them.

16 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Upgrading old games to look and work good on modern machines all thats required.  New games are for new mechanics, remakes generally do nothing for me which is why i own 0 of them.

I’ve played and enjoyed a few remakes (REmake, RE2, Ratchet and Clank, Tony Hawks 1&2) and I find they have a valid place in the world. Though that’s only if they use the content and the aspects that made the games great but bring them up to a modern standard.

There are not many games I'd hate to play with a controller more than Diablo 2.

Diablo 3 was designed around it to make it work, but Diablo 2 with a controller would feel so limiting. If you watch their interview with some of the team on it, they talk about some of the challenges and simplifications they had to make for the controller like fixed distance leap and teleport. As someone who played a shit ton of sorc in D2 this would be so fucking limiting to how nimble the character is on the battlefield -- both for PvE and PvP. The inventory management -- since they're keeping the tetris -- would also feel so clumsy without a mouse.

That said, if you won't play it otherwise without a controller, then I suppose it's better than nothing!