Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

So foolish me, I tried playing a blizzard game on launch day.

It started without a hitch, but then a friend wanted to join me and couldn't. He let me know people were having all sorts of problems with characters being deleted, being unable to join games, and unable to create new games.

I was able to play smoothly by myself until just now, when they apparently shut all the servers down. While there's an alert on the Battle.net app, there was no in-game warning. When I got kicked from my game I was level 13. When I open the game now it shows me as level 4.

The servers are down for 30 min, so I'll probably try again in a few hours.

ef5BVUjTRabUpfnMpZ23wL-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Reports of lost characters and progress are turning up all over Reddit.

diablo-2-resurrected-cutscene-marius.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Diablo 2: Resurrected launched earlier today, but has been beset by launch issues including disappearing characters and games that won't connect.

Game Information

Game Title: Diablo II: Resurrected

Platforms:

• Xbox One (Sep 23, 2021)
  • PlayStation 5 (Sep 23, 2021)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Sep 23, 2021)
  • Nintendo Switch (Sep 23, 2021)
  • PC (Sep 23, 2021)
  • PlayStation 4 (Sep 23, 2021)

Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 85 average - 100% recommended

Critic Reviews

PC Gamer - 90 / 100

Life-suckingly compelling trinket-gathering action with surprising depth.

Game Informer - 8.8 / 10

Diablo II: Resurrected is a mastercraft remaster that reminds us how the original game changed the gaming landscape forever

Destructoid - 8.5 / 10

Diablo II: Resurrected did what it was supposed to as a re-release, and it managed to simultaneously preserve the original game. It’s a shame that the talented studios behind it have to deal with the failure of Activision leadership overshadowing their work.

God is a Geek - 8 / 10

If you've never played the original, then this is a great entry point. It's hard to hide its age even under the layer of polish, but Diablo 2: Resurrected is still a damn fine game.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 80 / 100

We enjoyed going back to Sanctuary. To it´s endless fighting and looting, to it´s characters and epic story. But if you don´t treasure memories from the original Diablo II (it´s been more than 20 years since it was released) this RPG feels repetitive and some mechanics are outdated.

Kakuchopurei - 70 / 100

Should you buy Diablo 2: Resurrected and give this old-school action RPG a go? Yes you should, because this is the definitive version of the game, thanks to the redone graphics and lovely controller support that really feels so intuitive and natural.

One More Game - Buy

Just like the original from over two decades ago, Diablo II: Resurrected proves to be another great outing from the folks at Vicarious Visions. Not only were they able to keep the charm and feel of the original game intact, but they also introduced very sensible upgrades that fully realize the vision of Diablo II.

PCGamesN - Unscored

So far Diablo 2: Resurrected seems like a fantastic way to play a classic action-RPG, with splendid updated graphics and quality-of-life features, though it’s far from perfect. The new accessibility options are welcome and improve the experience for everyone, but there’s not much here that goes beyond the industry baseline. Gaps also exist in its list of features, and some of these gaps are worryingly similar to those that plagued Warcraft III: Reforged. Nevertheless, as the servers go live I’ll be enjoying my return to Tristram, hopeful that there won’t be anything else that taints the experience.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo II: Resurrected (23 September 2021)/Diablo IV (?) - Information Thread, update - first Diablo II: Resurrected reviews from OpenCritic posted

o man this is fucking terrible. VV did an amazing job remastering one of the greatest games of all time, and the fucking Blizzard servers are fucking up the entire thing from day 1.

Anxiously awaiting this release for years, i finally played it today for about 3-4 hours, was in the process of collecting runes in the tower, and bam, i couldn't connect back after saving. So i exit the game, start it back up, and my character is just plain gone like nothing ever happened.

Sooooo fucking bad. How could Blizzard already be fucking shit up THIS badly. This shit going on day 1 and 2 is going to drastically hurt their sales. Fuck Blizzard.

14 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

o man this is fucking terrible. VV did an amazing job remastering one of the greatest games of all time, and the fucking Blizzard servers are fucking up the entire thing from day 1.

Anxiously awaiting this release for years, i finally played it today for about 3-4 hours, was in the process of collecting runes in the tower, and bam, i couldn't connect back after saving. So i exit the game, start it back up, and my character is just plain gone like nothing ever happened.

Sooooo fucking bad. How could Blizzard already be fucking shit up THIS badly. This shit going on day 1 and 2 is going to drastically hurt their sales. Fuck Blizzard.

Good. Fuck Blizzard

44 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

You must be new to gaming or very naive. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Are characters still getting deleted?  Are you playing online or offline?

I have one online and offline. It took a while to load my online one this morning, perhaps what people are calling a missing character, but she showed up and everything was accounted for for me. 

Nothing seems to be affected at all with my offline character. 

I’ve put a few hours into it so far, and I’m enjoying it. I looked up some tips and videos and I realize now that, while I played a ton of D2 in middle school, I never played it well. I didn’t lookup rune words or fast leveling strategies or anything else in the meta game. I just put in a ton of time playing the game pretty blind.

Playing it now is an entirely different experience both from when I played it back in the day, and as compared to basically everything else I’ve been playing since. I went through the D3 campaign, but didn’t really spend much time with it, and haven’t played PoE or anything else in a similar vein. I quickly got the hang of movement, but so far I’m no good at all switching skills with hot keys and chugging pots and what not. I’ve been giving the controller a try and been liking it quite a lot. It’s great to have instant access to a bunch of skills, but some things like inventory/belt management, and picking up specific items are much harder. Not sure which input will end up being my default, but right now I’m leaning towards the controller right now.

The server issues are silly, but to be expected. I was a bit surprised to see the same lobby system in use. I didn’t really follow development, but that’s a system we don’t really see anymore, so I kind of expected something new. At least you can click to join a friend easily enough.

D2R is a novelty, but it’s one that might get a bunch of my IRL friends all playing together for the first time in years. If it succeeds in that, I’ll happily dedicate hours to it. If not, I’ll put in a few good rounds and probably be done with it.

I played about two hours this morning, and yeah, good game is still good! The new visuals are quite welcome and world is still engaging. The BGM and sound effects are of course classic and will tap plenty of happy feelings from your deep memories. a Pleasant way to spend a weekend morning! 

On 9/24/2021 at 1:43 PM, MeatAndPotatoes said:

I mean, VV only came in at the end to help out as I understand it. Until THPS 1&2 released, they had no part in it at all. So Giving them the credit for the game itself seems weird.

Also? The fuck ups are always day 1&2. Its a new server, there are always problems. This is par for most big online games. You're taking it a bit too personally.

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV (?) - Information Thread, update - Quarterly Update for March 2022 features several environment videos

OG D2 is by far my most played game ever and It's not close.

I love Blizzard. I bought D2:R but haven't fired it up yet. I have it on PC just have to relive this game on Keyboard & Mouse. It'll be some time before I play it though. VERY EXCITED for Diablo 4!! The Rogue class looks really fun. I hope it plays like 3's Reaper of Souls. Playing in High torment is my favorite. I have never been into Hearth Stone or Overwatch but I'm glad to hear they are coming out with new stuff pretty soon!

I'll post the Diablo IV quarterly updates that I missed.

October 2021 - Sound Design

social-sharing-d4-7e3539fcc0f4075622915b
NEWS.BLIZZARD.COM

Learn more about the sound design of Diablo IV in this next Quarterly Developer Update.

December 2021 - Itemization & Paragon Updates, Visual Effects

social-sharing-d4-7e3539fcc0f4075622915b
NEWS.BLIZZARD.COM

Keep up with the latest Diablo IV news, announcements, and more!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Completely forgot about this game...lol for just a second {when it said June 2nd} I thought it was DIV but that's aways away and I'm kinda glad for it. There some of my favorite games ever! I have so much to get through right now. Immortal looks fun,,, might have to install it on my wifes Galaxy tab 7+

7 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I came in here thinking there was new Diablo IV news :|

Oh yeah? Where did this guy go?

On 2/20/2021 at 2:11 PM, DPCyric said:

I need a release date for Diablo Immortal that's the one I am most excited about right now! I still enjoy Diablo 3 and I wasn't a big fan of 2.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV and Diablo Immortal - Information Thread, update - Diablo Immortal "Release Date and PC Reveal" trailer (June 2)
social-sharing-di-99fcf924a4d90dc674227c
NEWS.BLIZZARD.COM

Join us for a deep-dive on the updated control scheme, readjusted HUD, and more features specifically designed for Diablo Immortal on PC.

The decision to develop Diablo Immortal for PC was one that the team went back and forth on for a large part of the development process. On one hand, we felt that we wouldn’t be doing the title justice by releasing a game originally designed for mobile on PC; on the other hand, we wanted to make sure the game reached as many players as possible—especially our most dedicated PC fans. In the end, the deciding factor was that we knew many of you would attempt to play this game through an emulator, thus leading us towards building a better experience. So stay awhile and listen as we delve into more details on the PC version of Diablo Immortal.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Diablo IV and Diablo Immortal - Information Thread, update - Diablo Immortal "Release Date and PC Reveal" trailer (June 2) and "Making Diablo Immortal for PC" blog post
  • 1 month later...

I guess it would be assuming you want a more casual Diablo experience. For me, the only value of this is with it being mobile, it is very polished, but full of micro transactions, battle passes, etc that come with it.

So far, I’ve enjoyed it, created two characters. We’ll see if it becomes a slog/P2W the deeper you get into it.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Based on the phone experience, think it's worth it as a more-casual Diablo on PC?

I think so. Progress also syncs across devices, so even if you play 80/20 on mobile, still could be some fun.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Game is super fun but you can just sense inevitable paywall approaching. 

I beat the game during open beta, and got into prestige levels. Aside from a battle pass, there was no need to buy any currency or anything. Not sure how much it changed.

• Like 1