Adventure shows and movies where characters arrive at an uncharted Island and discover tons of crazy and interesting stuff

heydude93

The best examples I can think of are King Kong (original, 2005, and Skull Island) and the first three seasons of LOST.  

Why so few good movies with this premise?  Sure there's moviegames like Uncharted (so creative...all those fascinating undiscovered civilizations and the only thing you do is shoot dudes), stuff like Lord of the Flies, Six Days Seven Nights, Cast Away, Blue Lagoon, Battle Royale, Robinson Crusoe, etc, but where are the movies with the sense of adventure and discovery and elements of the fantastical like Kong and LOST, pre-shark jumping season 4?

Is there anything like this you feel is underrated/overlooked? What would you recommend?

Where The Wild Things Are is the first movie I thought of. I don’t think I ever read the book but I loved the movie. 

Lilo and Stitch Alien landing in Hawaii and I think the movie is charming as hell, fight me

Fern Gulley/Avatar pretty much the same movie

Christopher Robin I enjoyed this movie and wish more people did too. Still transporting to the 100 Acre Woods through a tree in a park to talk and play with talking toys

Spirited Away well it’s pretty much in the name, and it’s a Miyazaki film 

Paddington 1&2 again these films are charming as hell and must be seen. Also London is the magical island when you look at it through Paddington’s eyes

I guess if it has island/isle in its title, you’re good to go.

Shutter Island, The Island, Isle of Dr Moreau, Isle of Dogs, Life of Pi, Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Series, The Little Mermaid, Jurassic Park series

tv series wise you have Futurama, Rick and Morty, South Park, X-Men, Avengers. . . Let’s just say if it’s a superhero show, they go somewhere different. Adult live action series wise I’m thinking Journeyman (such a shame it didn’t make it longer then 13 episodes) Quantum Leap, Fantasy Island, Locke and Key, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and many more

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Thank you for contributing to the thread by naming so many movies!

Hold on one sec, I gotta sweep up all this straw you left behind. 

To be fair, the zero movies I’ve named so far are exactly as helpful to the thread as the several completely off topic movies you were kind enough to supply. So lemme give this a shot to see if it’s as tough as you’ve made it seem. Hmmmm 

The Last Flight of Noah’s Arc

La Tortue Rouge

The Mysterious Island

All three about an adventure with mysterious qualities and a sense of discovery. What do I win?