The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword HD [Jul 16, 2021 ]

Keyser_Soze

Ok so link doesn’t look stupid once he gets his green lil jumper. God I had trouble figuring out how to fly. Now I just switch from motion to sticks for flying portions.  I’m enjoying the motion controls though.  Only one dungeon in but I’m loving it.  Takes me back to oot days but with updated graphics and a game I haven’t played before.  The music just sucks me in.  Botw is the greatest but the more linear non open world is something I miss in an era of open everything.  Sorry mass effect 2, gonna have to wait until I’m done with this!

On 7/16/2021 at 7:37 AM, cusideabelincoln said:

Fuck all these bots buying the Loftwing amiibo.

More like fuck Nintendo for locking things like fast travel behind an Amiibo where they knew availability issues would hit immediately. If I get this I'm gonna go the route of self-made Amiibo NFC tags.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

More like fuck Nintendo for locking things like fast travel behind an Amiibo where they knew availability issues would hit immediately. If I get this I'm gonna go the route of self-made Amiibo NFC tags.

I just want it to look pretty on my shelf.

But the damn thing will cost me more than the game from ebay.

22 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I got my amiibo, but I almost want to leave it sealed for how ridiculous it is. 

Also, as much as I love BOTW, I also just really enjoy a more traditional Zelda. No reason not to love all the styles. 

I feel like just like they used to have handheld top down Zelda, they could have a traditional and open world one now…but I want top down too.

So overall what's the verdict playing with a controller? I'd love to play this if the controls are adequate enough to play.

I originally played this on Wii with motion controls. That got tiresome and I quit the game in a few hours. 

I liked the game a lot and love to play this with just the controller.

52 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So overall what's the verdict playing with a controller? I'd love to play this if the controls are adequate enough to play.

I originally played this on Wii with motion controls. That got tiresome and I quit the game in a few hours. 

I liked the game a lot and love to play this with just the controller.

I saw someone else posting their impressions of controls so that was part of the reason I went with motion. Thus, I can’t help offer impressions for you. Maybe I’ll get tired of motions and try controls and will let u know if I do so soon

1 minute ago, Captain Pickle said:

I saw someone else posting their impressions of controls so that was part of the reason I went with motion. Thus, I can’t help offer impressions for you. Maybe I’ll get tired of motions and try controls and will let u know if I do so soon

I just watched 3 different video impressions on motion control vs using the controller. All 3 prefer the controller so that seals the deal for me in buying it. I look forward to it!

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I just watched 3 different video impressions on motion control vs using the controller. All 3 prefer the controller so that seals the deal for me in buying it. I look forward to it!

I’ll await your disappointment lol

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I just looked up vids on YouTube. Most are saying they prefer the controller over motion.

Could be a self fulfilling prophecy. You know so many people say they hate the waggle, then they convince themselves that they hate it so much that even crappy added on controls are good.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I got my amiibo, but I almost want to leave it sealed for how ridiculous it is. 

Also, as much as I love BOTW, I also just really enjoy a more traditional Zelda. No reason not to love all the styles. 

I am playing Twilight Princess and it is really nice having actual dungeons.

So I have the sword now and it seems fine honestly, the sword fighting on the analog is pretty fun. But the damn switching of camera control is so bad. Why the fuck is it just not a toggle? That would like fix it for me, or hell even just reverse it so you have to hold down for sword. The sword controls are fine, the issue is having it primary on the analog so you have to hold down lb the entire game.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

So I have the sword now and it seems fine honestly, the sword fighting on the analog is pretty fun. But the damn switching of camera control is so bad. Why the fuck is it just not a toggle? That would like fix it for me, or hell even just reverse it so you have to hold down for sword. The sword controls are fine, the issue is having it primary on the analog so you have to hold down lb the entire game.

FUCK.

The_Legend_of_Zelda._Skyward_Sword_Scree
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Skyward Sword HD is good, but a remake could’ve been better

Reading this article, it makes me wonder if the author forgets that the game was most likely conceived and completed during a pandemic when developers were trying to stay profitable. Admittedly this wasn’t something Nintendo struggled with in the last two years. 

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Reading this article, it makes me wonder if the author forgets that the game was most likely conceived and completed during a pandemic when developers were trying to stay profitable. Admittedly this wasn’t something Nintendo struggled with in the last two years. 

Do we know when it was conceived exactly? I'm pretty sure they had a good idea that the 35th anniversary was rolling around. If they decided that they were doing a skyward sword remaster and slapped whatever they had together in a year that's a slap in the face. But also Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't do big budget stuff, they do bare minimum with maximum price and people eat it up.

Sounds like someone who wanted it redone as a traditional Zelda so they could pretend to forget the history.

The game never needed to be remade to his preference.  It’s not that game. I’d much rather see more of the pacing issues fixed if greater effort was spent.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, stepee said:

I agree. Since you move the camera way more than you actually fight, it should have been flipped.  Another option could have been default camera on the right stick and it switches to attack when you lock onto something. Did you get used to the control scheme?

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I agree. Since you move the camera way more than you actually fight, it should have been flipped.  Another option could have been default camera on the right stick and it switches to attack when you lock onto something. Did you get used to the control scheme?

I started playing Cyberpunk finally for realz on pc so I haven’t played much, and after that I’ll be devoting more time to ys9 before I play more, but I can’t imagine it’s something you get used to. It’s pretty constant and has no benefits associated so I imagine best is yeah you just forget you are holding down the button after awhile. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

So the camera sucks? You guys recommend this for me?

The camera isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just you have to hold down lb any time you want to use it, so you see holding down lb a large portion of the game. I guess just hold down the button and see how much it would bother you having to do that to turn the camera.