Ninja Gaiden Master Collection revealed (PS4, Switch, Series X, Steam)

heydude93

19 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I remember beating Ninja Gaiden (not Black) on my OG Xbox back in the day was like my crowning achievement in video gaming. That probably remains to this day cuz I'm old and tired and I don't like hard games anymore :p

I still own NG Black and play it on Ninja Dog mode. I'll wear the pink ribbon, I don't give a fuck.

Black was easier than OG on the hardest difficulty.

12 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Apparently they've said it's not the Vita version, but the PS3 versions and that "hero" mode from the Vita version was being added but that the original difficulties remain intact. 

The confusion stems from a dissonance between that statement, the lead dev saying they used the vita editions as the base game in that interview, and the Nintendo Direct footage, which does look much closer to the Vita's graphics than the PS3 versions.  

But also some new screens of Sigma 1 were released a few days ago which do seem to match the PS3 game in quality much better.  

My guess is the vita editions were used for the switch release, maybe some framerate stability issues when running in portable mode meant they had to go with those.  And the PS4 and X versions are getting ports of the PS3 games.  Why/how that had to happen but NG3 ported over to Switch with no issues I have no idea.

Whatever the case, nobody knows what's going on and there needs to be more clarification from Team Ninja before anyone has a solid idea of what to expect.  

8 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

The confusion stems from a dissonance between that statement, the lead dev saying they used the vita editions as the base game in that interview, and the Nintendo Direct footage, which does look much closer to the Vita's graphics than the PS3 versions.  

But also some new screens of Sigma 1 were released a few days ago which do seem to match the PS3 game in quality much better.  

My guess is the vita editions were used for the switch release, maybe some framerate stability issues when running in portable mode meant they had to go with those.  And the PS4 and X versions are getting ports of the PS3 games.  Why/how that had to happen but NG3 ported over to Switch with no issues I have no idea.

Whatever the case, nobody knows what's going on and there needs to be more clarification from Team Ninja before anyone has a solid idea of what to expect.  

Yeah I'd agree with all that. Clarity would be nice.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lololololol 

I have no faith in them making a competent PC port. I'm questioning if there will even be an options menu. At least I still have Black on the OG Xbox if I'm craving some NG action. 

I just got it for PC on Steam. It runs quite well actually, and looks great. You just have to jump through a few stupid hoops to make it work. Its barebones but actually well done, just a little stupid in how they make you do the settings. This helped me.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-10-the-ninja-gaiden-master-collection-pc-port-isnt-going-down-well 

21 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I just got it for PC on Steam. It runs quite well actually, and looks great. You just have to jump through a few stupid hoops to make it work. Its barebones but actually well done, just a little stupid in how they make you do the settings. This helped me.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-10-the-ninja-gaiden-master-collection-pc-port-isnt-going-down-well 

By "it", do you mean all three run well? What resolution are you playing at and what frame rate are you getting? ... and what are your specs? Sorry for the bombardment of questions. :p 

2 hours ago, Raggit said:

By "it", do you mean all three run well? What resolution are you playing at and what frame rate are you getting? ... and what are your specs? Sorry for the bombardment of questions. :p 

No worries - I'm playing at 4k/60fps on a 1080Ti. I just bought and downloaded it to check it out as right now I'm in the middle of Returnal and Days Gone (PC) but it looked and played well. Controls felt a little stiff like the character movement was wonky but then I remembered it's an old game. :p