Nintendo Direct to air 2/17/2021 at 5:00pm EST

GameDadGrant

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

My god. 

I take back all of my genuine surprise that two more characters were added from Xenoblade, and will refrain from further discussion on the matter. Apologies. 

Chill, dude. We’re just having a bit of fun at your expense. :p No one is actually mad at you. It was just an odd thing to say, given all the obscure characters in Smash over the years. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Chill, dude. We’re just having a bit of fun at your expense. :p No one is actually mad at you. It was just an odd thing to say, given all the obscure characters in Smash over the years. 

It's literally like 50 of the most recognizable characters in Nintendo history, 20 copies of them like "Dark Samus," and then a few obscure ones. 

The obscure ones are by far and away the odd men out, and there's already a Xenoblade character or two in there prior to today. I was personally surprised they added more. But I see now what a fool I was. 

I do not care if anyone is mad at me or not, I just feel I have explained why I was personally surprised and you keep sub-posting like "how can anyone be confused by this?" It's tiresome. 

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

It's literally like 50 of the most recognizable characters in Nintendo history, 20 copies of them like "Dark Samus," and then a few obscure ones. 

The obscure ones are by far and away the odd men out, and there's already a Xenoblade character or two in there prior to today. I was personally surprised they added more. But I see now what a fool I was. 

I do not care if anyone is mad at me or not, I just feel I have explained why I was personally surprised and you keep sub-posting like "how can anyone be confused by this?" It's tiresome. 

I mean, I find a lot of things tiresome here, just scroll on. There’s literally a ton of characters on the roster that are obscure and we’ve named a good few. Most people don’t recognize Fire Emblem characters, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Lucas and Ness, and a good few more. We were just surprised at your reaction, which is obviously understandable. You don’t have to get bent out of shape. We’re all wrong sometimes. It happens. :p 

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, I find a lot of things tiresome here, just scroll on. There’s literally a ton of characters on the roster that are obscure and we’ve named a good few. Most people don’t recognize Fire Emblem characters, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Lucas and Ness, and a good few more. We were just surprised at your reaction, which is obviously understandable. You don’t have to get bent out of shape. We’re all wrong sometimes. It happens. :p 

I literally expressed surprise and you are telling me I am wrong. 

I am legit excited for the Mario stuff in AC. I haven't played it in the last month, so I'll definitely be hitting it again when the update drops. 

Mario Golf is a day one buy. The new SRPG should be good, I love that genre. I'll probably be getting the Detective game, Legend of Mana remake, and with the pedigree behind World's End Club, I'll almost certainly get that. 

2 hours ago, chakoo said:

Let me introduce you all to a game that was announced today on the JP direct. You didn't know you need this but now that you know about it you will.

It's "My (Crayon Shin-Chan) Summer Vacation" :P

Yes this is being worked on by some of the staff who made "Attack of the Friday Monsters" (3DS) and "My Summer Vacation" (PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP).

-edit-

If you've never heard about My Summer Vacation, I recommend this great write-up in Scroll by Ray Barnholt (yes sadly you'll have to buy the issue).

http://scroll.vg/issues/10

I actually enjoyed Attack of the Friday Monsters. Is this one even going to be localized? No way these games would be very fun if they aren't.

Pyra and Mythra in Smash - Boobs come to Smash, finally!

Fall Guys switch - ok

Outer Wilds switch - ok, good that @GameDadGrant will finally get to play this overrated game  :ohsnap:
Famicom Detective Club - Could be interesting

Samurai Warriors 5 - not interested

Legend of Mana - Never really got into these

Monster Hunter Rise - Waiting for PC

Mario Golf Super Rush - The best thing they showed. Speed Golf looks dumb though. (Sorry @Mr.Vic20 )

Tales from the Borderlands - Why now?

Capcom Arcade Stadium - Knew about this already

Stubbs the Zombie - Also, why now? (Also coming to Xbox)

No More Heroes 3 (August 27) - I've never played these

Neon White - Eh, kind of early to show anything compelling

DC Super Hero Girls - No

Plants vs Zombies - Eh

Miitopia - Getting some use out of Miis finally!

Animal Crossing mario stuff - Warp pipe looks like the only thing I want

Project Triangle Strategy - Looks cool but a long ways off, game doesn't even have a proper title!

Star Wars Hunters - Showed nothing

Knockout City - This reminded me of something else

World's End Club - k

Hades physical version - Still no version for other platforms they spent all the time on this artbook!

Ninja Gaiden Master Collection - Inferior Sigma versions

Hyrule Warriors expansion pass - Was literally a list of things

Bravely Default 2 - Coming out very soon!

Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection - Looked nice

Saga Frontier Remastered - Looks better than a lot of the other square remasters (the FF6 one in particular) Was this the one that was on the Playstation? I think it's the only one I played.

Apex Legends - This was on the bingo card

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - I'm down but not $60 down. I actually only ever finished the first dungeon of this.

Splatoon 3 - This was also on the bingo card, but why is it so far off?

Interesting direct, a lot of stuff coming out soon, but then nothing really past June it looked like until next year. :p

A lot of stuff there I want. I was pretty surprised to get home from a couple of days at our cabin w/ the wife, only to come home to this. I had no idea a direct was coming.

Definitely up for Skyward Sword without motion controls. I love Mario Golf. June is stacked, with Ratchet and Clank the week before, and I know there is another great June game slipping my mind.

So for an old guy perspective on this conference - 

I had this thing playing in the background so I could listen to it while I worked.  I was mostly listening to find out if they would announce an pro version because I'm seriously considering buying a switch for my kids.  I have to say the only game that I really recognized or understood was Mario Golf.  I mean they were talking about a game at one point where you had a lightsaber and you fought Aliens in a fighting game style... but then you also occasionally had to mow lawns.  lol wtf.  I'm not hating on any of it, there was obviously a ton for the Japanese market and I'm glad there is something for every taste.  Just weird to me, but that's ok.

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I actually enjoyed Attack of the Friday Monsters. Is this one even going to be localized? No way these games would be very fun if they aren't.

Unknown at the moment sadly. Most Crayon Shin-Chan games don't get localized but a mini game one was recently. So maybe we'll get lucky this time.

• 2 weeks later...