Sorry, millennials. The πŸ˜‚ emoji isn't cool anymore

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Β 

How about your ASS?

Nope legs and ass too big but the legs are the main limiting factor. My legs are huge even without weight lifting. Also my right quad is small than my left due to knee surgery years ago (a constant struggle) so it is super annoying for one leg to be tighter than the other.

Let's see what they say when the entirety of Gen Z is properly in the work force. Each generation has it's stuff so I guess let them have it. I don't care about skinny jeans but slim fit is awesome and Androids have a more open OS and middle parting your hair is lol-worthy to me. But if they make it work . . . more power to them.

Β 

And to intentionallyΒ notΒ use an emoji just because you saw older people use it? Okay . . .Β 

52 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Β 

Just watch - zoomers are going to reject shaving their heads, and instead will bring back comb-overs and skullets.

That shit already happened ironically a decade+ ago unfortunately. My ex owned a hair business in Manhattan and hipsters would come in requesting voluntary comb-overs. As in shave my head to make me look bald and give me a comb-over. I'm dead serious.Β Β 

Teenagers of every generation are dumb, so I'm not going to take much of what Gen Z teenagers say very seriously.Β 

Β 

Middle parting your hair? Sure some people can pull it off, usually if they have a bit longer hair, but for most no. I'm not trying to look like a member of some Korean boy band, thank you very much.Β 

46 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Β 

Why not? They're the coolest thing out there right now.

Β 

Well I'm not Korean (or a White weeaboo) and therefore can't understand the lyrics. I prefer music I can actually understand.Β 

Β 

In fact I bet that's why the middle part is popular among Gen Z, because of the raise of Kpop and Jpop in Western youth, and the middle part seems to be a popular style in Asian countries.Β 

• Guillotine 1

I have to disagree with middle part / side part.

Β 

I work in a job where I have to interface with Gen Z quite often, particularly females, and I have to say, almost every one I've interacted with over the past few years wears side parts. And not just side parts, but this opposite side side-part where it produces a ridiculous (and unnatural looking) amount of volume.

34 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I have to disagree with middle part / side part.

Β 

I work in a job where I have to interface with Gen Z quite often, particularly females, and I have to say, almost every one I've interacted with over the past few years wears side parts. And not just side parts, but this opposite side side-part where it produces a ridiculous (and unnatural looking) amount of volume.

I love that look when done right, volume better than flat hair. Again, I love that look.

Also, I don't shampoo my hair, generally. You don't need it. I condition it about every other day, but I only use shampoo when I get stuff in my hair like when I get a bunch of dust in it or something. Shampoo dries the shit out of your scalp. If you let your scalp do its thing, you don't get greasy hair. A bottle of shampoo lasts me like 2 years.

10 hours ago, Brick said:

Β 

Well I'm not Korean (or a White weeaboo) and therefore can't understand the lyrics. I prefer music I can actually understand.Β 

Β 

In fact I bet that's why the middle part is popular among Gen Z, because of the raise of Kpop and Jpop in Western youth, and the middle part seems to be a popular style in Asian countries.Β 

Β 

I've heard this opinion before and I never liked it then and I don't like it now. I thought a Canadian would be a little bit more open minded to this sort of thing. Also, being a weeb has nothing to do with Korean music / culture.

Β 

How about it's popular because it's fun upbeat music that a lot of people can enjoy? Pop music isn't particularly deep and I doubt understanding the lyrics would change your mind.

35 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Β 

I've heard this opinion before and I never liked it then and I don't like it now. I thought a Canadian would be a little bit more open minded to this sort of thing. Also, being a weeb has nothing to do with Korean music / culture.

Β 

How about it's popular because it's fun upbeat music that a lot of people can enjoy? Pop music isn't particularly deep and I doubt understanding the lyrics would change your mind.

I love pop music...when its good. However modern mainstream pop music and especially Korean pop is of a bunch of different music ideas Frankensteined together by an army of song writers and producers. This leads to a generic mess that vaguely sounds like a dozen other songs you have already heard before.

If you are a young music fan with limited listening experience however this doesn't matter.

45 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Where did I say it's a bad thing? If people like it fine whatever, I just don't care for it. If people are copying the hairstyles of the bandmembers that's no different from people copying the hairstyles from any music genre, or their favourite celebrity. Again not a bad thing necessarily, just an observation.Β