At least 5 killed in wreck involving over 100 cars on I-35 near Dallas

This is why I roll my eyes at people for making jokes about schools and businesses closing here when freezing temps and rain are forecast. We simply have no training for driving in such conditions. Me and mine are going nowhere Monday and Tuesday with temps in the teens and rain on the way.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This is why I roll my eyes at people for making jokes about schools and businesses closing here when freezing temps and rain are forecast. We simply have no training for driving in such conditions. Me and mine are going nowhere Monday and Tuesday with temps in the teens and rain on the way.

Same here. Portland literally owns no snow plows. When it does actually snow and stick (once every 2-3 years or so) the whole city shuts down. But, like, what do you want them to do? Most people have hardly ever driven in the snow. The city doesn't have plans in place to salt/gravel the roads. And often it doesn't remain cold enough for the snow to stay powdery, it just turns to a sheet of ice.