shit i love u sflufan. This is money i do have to spend. I'm just contemplating 850 on a gpu. That is a lot for a mid-range card! There are many games that i can't enjoy because of my 1060 though. I am a full-blown graphics whore too. I could save this money and wwhhaaiitt for a decent price on a gpu, but that might take forever. If i don't, I will spend the money on tattoos.

I know it sounds crazy, but $850 seems like the best bang for buck for what I'll get looking into the future as I understand this fucking drought is not gonna lighten up anytime soon, and i hope this may be an investment, meaning the card still has good resell value in the future before new cards, or GPUs are available for msrp

11 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

shit i love u sflufan. This is money i do have to spend. I'm just contemplating 850 on a gpu. That is a lot for a mid-range card! There are many games that i can't enjoy because of my 1060 though. I am a full-blown graphics whore too. I could save this money and wwhhaaiitt for a decent price on a gpu, but that might take forever. If i don't, I will spend the money on tattoos.

I know it sounds crazy, but $850 seems like the best bang for buck for what I'll get looking into the future as I understand this fucking drought is not gonna lighten up anytime soon, and i hope this may be an investment, meaning the card still has good resell value in the future before new cards, or GPUs are available for msrp

It's more like the bottom of the high end, mid-range would be a 3060.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I got my 3080 FTW3 for $890 shipped and after tax. $850 for a 3070 isn't a great price, fam. MSRP is $500-600 typically.

EDIT: Wait, is this CAD? I can never remember who lives where :p 

I live in the US, but when and how did you get a 3080 for 890 you lucky bastad?

btw; i woke up this morning and just couldn't justify spending 850 on a gpu as much as i want it. I think i would have bitten for 750. I'm gonna try my hardest to atleast get on the evga cue on the 25th to get a 3060 for msrp. Maybe then I'll atleast know I will get my upgrade within a few months hopefully.

7 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

I live in the US, but when and how did you get a 3080 for 890 you lucky bastad?

btw; i woke up this morning and just couldn't justify spending 850 on a gpu as much as i want it. I think i would have bitten for 750. I'm gonna try my hardest to atleast get on the evga cue on the 25th to get a 3060 for msrp. Maybe then I'll atleast know I will get my upgrade within a few months hopefully.

I signed up for EVGAs notification and they emailed me when it was my “turn” in their queue. At $850 you’d be paying 35-40% over MSRP pending model + tax/shipping. You could get a 3080 for that price.

Stockdrops.net seems to give people the most luck at scoring one for msrp. Also, on r/hardwareswap a ton of people sell them, almost never for msrp, but often not too egregious (15-20% over what they paid).

• Thanks 1
On 2/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, Spork3245 said:

I got my 3080 FTW3 for $890 shipped and after tax. $850 for a 3070 isn't a great price, fam. MSRP is $500-600 typically.

EDIT: Wait, is this CAD? I can never remember who lives where :p 

Nah he lives in the states. Remember he used to be Boobs and V8 Splash?

11 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

lol damn u creep how u know that? I only ever used that name for my old xbox account

Any luck on the evga waiting list? no email yet I'm waiting for a 3080.

On 2/24/2021 at 11:23 PM, MeatAndPotatoes said:

lol damn u creep how u know that? I only ever used that name for my old xbox account

No you used it here ya creep and then changed your name later. :p

On 2/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, BlueAngel said:

Any luck on the evga waiting list? no email yet I'm waiting for a 3080.

no, im fucked. i didnt even join the Que until a month ago. Fuck the 3060, i wouldnt pay more than $400 at most for that

1 hour ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

no, im fucked. i didnt even join the Que until a month ago. Fuck the 3060, i wouldnt pay more than $400 at most for that

I signed up like 3 weeks ago lol, going to be a long wait I assume but better than getting ripped off. 3060 is definitely not worth it even at $400, it's barely faster than a 2060. 3070 or 3080 or nothing.

• Upvote 1

I'll pay $150 over msrp for a 3080/70. The more i read about this gpu catastrophe, the more i realize it's not going to end anytime soon. I'm on cue for all the evga 3060TIs, 3070s, and 3080s. There's people who've been on them cue's for way way longer than me who haven't got shit. And with the scalpers all over the internet, it's impossible to get one. I have no microcenter or bestbuy near me.

I personally had zero luck with stockdrops.net, even signed up for their telegram channel to get more immediate notifications and would hop on them as soon as I the alert was sent. A lot of it comes down to luck. R/hardwareswap on Reddit is probably the best bet for paying a non-insane amount over MSRP (many sell for like $50-150 over what they paid after tax + shipping, just so they can buy dinner as a reward for getting you a GPU :p ).

6 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

I'll pay $150 over msrp for a 3080/70. The more i read about this gpu catastrophe, the more i realize it's not going to end anytime soon. I'm on cue for all the evga 3060TIs, 3070s, and 3080s. There's people who've been on them cue's for way way longer than me who haven't got shit. And with the scalpers all over the internet, it's impossible to get one. I have no microcenter or bestbuy near me.

Funny I'm on cue for the same lol I'll take either at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm debating buying a 6700XT, yeah it's $850 but fuck might not get another chance for a while lol. It usually beats a 3070 in most games so why not? my Microcenter has a bunch in stock so it's eating at me lol.

So I caved in lol, got the Sapphire Nitro+ 6700XT Gaming OC. Probably won't get the chance to get another GPU anytime soon, figure since one was available and for an ok markup and I only game at 1080/1440 a 6700XT makes sense. Even with my old 4790k at 4.6 this card is plowing through everything. Also had to buy a new PSU, my cheap EVGA 500w 80 Plus was not going to be enough, got a EVGA 850w Supernova 80 Plus Gold luckily no whine to be heard.

Not bad considering I haven't even touched the overclock that's already applied.

EFLCYUD.png

AMD cards make more sense for your setup right now.  AMD outperforms Nvidia at 1080p resolution, when comparing cards of similar (MSRP) pricing.  Also AMD cards perform better on slower processors because of less driver overhead.  Nvidia's drivers are highly multithreaded and basically tax a 4 core CPU so badly that much cheaper AMD cards end up performing better.

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

What is the AMD equivalent of the 3070?

6700XT in a lot of games, RX6800 in most games. Problem is AMD cards are available but crazy expensive, I paid $950 for a 6700XT. It was quick and a nice improvement but the price didn't sit right with me I returned it, $370 over MSRP is insane I was blinded by the availability. I'll wait until I can get something for msrp or near.

• Thanks 1