Terrorist Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted on all counts

Again you guys dont understand the mindset 

17 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

where

20 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

when

20 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

and why

None of that needs to be justified or explained for these folks, in fact arguing that any of those matter will cause them to dig in further. 

These are the same people that will argue they should be allowed to carry in schools, banks, prisons.

Just so you aware I am not saying they are correct but this how they think, guns are a silent right that never should be question or argued and will actually see that they correct because the gun saved his life.

• Thanks 1

Thats some serious stretching @Fizzzzle This is not Cali or NYC, and there is no when and where. Open carry is legal, and so is self defence. He literally tried to retreat from the attackers, while NOT pointing his weapon at them. They pursued AND attacked him with deadly weapons. He responded in kind to save his own life. There is no other interpretation a jury in the Midwest will see. 

I know the left really wants him to be guilty, and likes using incendiary terms like terrorist, such as the title of this thread, but there is no basis for it beyond pure anger because they see their side as right.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Maybe my point is unclear: to boil it down, it’s way easier to win when the low is on your side. It weighs a lot. It isn’t the only thing, but both sides in a court case would always prefer to be on the side with the stronger backing of the text of the law. There are lots of high profile cases in particular where juries get very hung up on what the text of the law actually says and means. Don’t undersell that piece of the equation!

You are absolutely correct. I don't mean to undersell it - middle America is a fucked place and I imagine they may hold it to account legally haha.

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I should have been more clear Mid Western America , I ve been here long enough to know that arguing that open carry was provocation would all but guarantee you would lose the case. Guns in the mid west carry no more stigma for most people then carrying a cell phone does.

Well, as I always do:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47maq5aa74cnkyarqdq0

We need better gun laws and we needed them yesterday.

*sigh*

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

It's not simply that he was open-carrying, it's about where, when, and why he was open carrying, and what his intent was in doing so. Carrying a gun is legal, intent to use it is not, necessarily.

Also, in some states (not sure about Wisconsin), a "self-defense" defense actually kind of works like guilty-until-proven-innocent. That's not the case in all states, like Florida is one, for example. But in my state, as far as I am aware, there is no negligent/reckless homicide law, it's just either murder or manslaughter. Murder is intentional, manslaughter is either reckless or negligent. But, if you irrefutably kill someone and want to present a self-defense defense, the onus kind of actually switches to the defendant to prove that they had no recourse other than fatal force. It's really not on the prosecution to prove a negative (i.e. "we can't prove he WASN'T in fear for his life, therefore he's scott free.")

If they made the jury selection for his trial pay per view, I'd watch it.

I agree with you - and my experience in law says the same - but the midwest could be even more fucked up than you and I realize. :p 

• 8 months later...

Haven’t been following closely, but there are some moments that have come up during the state’s turn that don’t bode well for an conviction on the murder charges. 

It is also generally a bad sign for the defendant to testify in their own defense. 

Who knows? He had some gun charges too, right? I could see a scenario in which the jury finds guilt on the gun charges so he gets some penalty but maybe acquits on the murder charges.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Who knows? He had some gun charges too, right? I could see a scenario in which the jury finds guilt on the gun charges so he gets some penalty but maybe acquits on the murder charges.

I think he'd just get time served.

Judge has just ripped the prosecutor twice.

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

If you make a self defense argument, you have to testify.  It’s not optional.  Same reason Jodi Arias was on the stand for so long.  His counsel has no decision on the matter at all.

I don’t believe this is accurate, or it may be different depending on the state.

22 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

If you make a self defense argument, you have to testify.  It’s not optional.  Same reason Jodi Arias was on the stand for so long.  His counsel has no decision on the matter at all.

There is NEVER an obligation to testify in your own trial.  Doing so would violate the Fifth Amendment. 

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

There is NEVER an obligation to testify in your own trial.  Doing so would violate the Fifth Amendment. 

Doing a little Google scholarship, I do believe there are states in which you can’t make an affirmative defense (“I broke the law, but it’s ok because…”) without testifying. I don’t believe Wisconsin requires defendant testimony in affirmative defense cases.

Several articles I read noted George Zimmerman explicitly made and affirmative defense in his trial for killing Trayvon Martin, but did not testify in his of defense, so it would appear that Florida is another state where this is not required.

1 minute ago, elbobo said:

The prosecution has been bad on this case like really bad, to the point where the one person that survived getting shot by Rittenhouse admitted on the stand that he was pointing a gun at Rittenhouse when he was shot, this was the prosecution's witness.

Judge just said the Prosecution is acting in bad faith. 

Once the one witness said he pointed his gun at Kyle first, it was done. There were no witnesses to the other shootings.

The unfortunate failing (or success, depending on how you look at it) of the justice system here is that they did not look at the bigger picture of why Kyle was there. One camp says "he went looking for a fight, he found it, and 2 people died" and that's the side I fall on. He escalated a situation in a criminally negligent way. He had intent, he knew what he was doing. It's like going into a cop funeral with a fake bomb to your chest and shouting "Allah hu akhbar" or jumping into a polar bear enclosure. At some point, it was your choice to do that, and the consequences should reflect that.

Henry once it gets into a court of law, that kind of shit gets hard to identify.

If I'm being objective, I wish he got life. He went looking for a fight and got one x because he's a moron, and people died because he wanted to project to the world that his penis if ABSOLUTELY above average. But, on the other hand, the prosecution team had no case once the witness said they pointed the gun first.

Edit: typed that on my phone, don't care to fix it

• Thanks 2