Battlefield 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - RIP in Peace, support for 128 players in all future maps from Season 2 onwards

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: "Battlefield" to be revealed on June 9

Can't wait for tanks that take five rockets to destroy... and then respawn 10 seconds after you finally destroy them.

Can't wait for the "biggest maps ever" that only have 12 people playing on them.

Can't wait for the worst map in the game to be the most popular cuz of the K/D.

Can't wait for six game modes: Conquest, Rush, and four other modes that are kinda Conquest and Rush but nobody knows what's different.

Can't wait for lol oh god I could do this all day.

EDIT: in all seriousness though, I really want Battlefield to be good again, but I just don't have any confidence that they even remember what made it good in the first place.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: "Battlefield 2042" to be revealed on June 9
3 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Okay... this trend of announcing a time and then starting the countdown has got to fucking go... Why? Why have a start time for a countdown? If you're going to start the stream at 9 am, show the fucking thing at 9 am. I don't understand this shit.

Yup.  Schedule the thing for 11am and then start your countdown timer at 10am.  Have some weird hidden messages in the countdown timer to make people want to watch it.  

Especially during a work day morning, where people might have possibly scheduled around being able to see it Live.  It does nothing to create hype.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Cross gen will probably fuck this game up. It'll be a mess I'm sure. Sorry for being negative. 

Its x86 architecture, much easier for them to port and build across generations than last time.  From what I've read, I think next gen versions may have some added features, like 128 player count vs maybe still 64 on last gen?  Has it been confirmed Cross Gen multiplayer?

LOL gameplay reveal June 13th!

Wait an hour to see a fancy video of shit that will never happen in the actual game, then wait another four days to actually see the game!

Fuckin EA trollin' with some pretentious buuuuulllshit.

EDIT: June 13th is Microsoft's Xbox show...... soooooooo......

30 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

LOL gameplay reveal June 13th!

Wait an hour to see a fancy video of shit that will never happen in the actual game, then wait another four days to actually see the game!

Fuckin EA trollin' with some pretentious buuuuulllshit.

EDIT: June 13th is Microsoft's Xbox show...... soooooooo......

To be fair, Battlefield is the one game that a lot of this shit actually can and does happen in game.  BF4 was and still is so amazing, and had so many incredible crazy moments playing it.

Battlefield 2042

- Launches October 22nd
- 128 Players on PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X|S, 64 players last gen
- Largest maps ever in the franchise
- Dynamic weather and world events like tornadoes and sandstorms on maps
- Near future setting scarce resources are causing conflict

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A.I. bots :|

You'll have the ability to call in vehicles (I have a bad feeling people will exploit the shit out of this. ie. tanks on top of buildings)

The Kinda Funny guys seem pretty excited about what they've seen and the things they know. I know I'm sounding negative but I'm still skeptical. We know all too well that the best ideas can be ruined by a community full of glitchers and exploiters. 

After expecting a modern day setting I'm not sure how I feel about a near future setting. I guess it's not too far into the future though that there will be super crazy stuff. I would like a far future game though at some point. 

38 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Battlefield 2042

- Launches October 22nd
- 128 Players on PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X|S, 64 players last gen
- Largest maps ever in the franchise
- Dynamic weather and world events like tornadoes and sandstorms on maps
- Near future setting scarce resources are causing conflict

Should be interesting. Thanks for the update. 

28 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Sounds like they're ditching the class system. Thank. God.

As in, a medic is no longer stuck using a shitty SMG, the engineer doesn't have that fucking shotgun, etc.

Ah so now medics will get yelled at for sniping instead of taking care of the wounded. 

"Dude, stop camping and revive me!" 

"Hold on, brah. Let me get off this sick headshot." 

I'm as big a Battlefield fan as any, and I'm sure the game will do fine, but the $70 price tag for some is going to be very hard to get over.

No campaign isn't a big deal, but still gives off a perception of getting less for more at $70.

It's biggest competition these days for FPS shooters, Warzone, Apex, and soon Halo, will all be F2P.

It had better have a huge huge number of unlockable skins and other cosmetics in game to earn outside of its Seasons and Battle Passes.  CoD/Apex/Fortnite can get away with having unlocks locked behind Battle Passes and Shops because they are Free.  Battlefield isn't so you should be able to earn a lot of stuff without spending more.  Knockout City actually handles cosmetic unlocks better than most any game I've seen so far for the $20 it costs.

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

Only 7 maps but no campaign is weird. I would think that not having to bother with yet another mediocre campaign could mean more maps at launch. 

Since the maps are bigger maybe they just take longer to make. 

22 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Since the maps are bigger maybe they just take longer to make. 

Could also be because of the live service model they are holding a few back so that a month after launch we get a new map, and then another month after that we get another, and then another after another month, and so on.