Mass Effect Legendary Edition (14 May 2021) OT - Badassfully Remastered

Pikachu

On 4/13/2021 at 7:46 PM, best3444 said:

Not much improvement visually from the originals tbh. I mean I see the changes but it's not significant at all. It's the gameplay tweaks I'm interested to hear about.

I miss those games. Great memories.

This is absurd. You watching on a crt? The game looks incredible. Its a remaster, not a remake.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brick said:

So who got it, and how good are the improvements! 

My questions exactly. If the improvements are worth it I'm definitely buying it. Where are the reviews? I beat all 3 and they are some of my favorite games ever. Yes, even part 3! 

Edit: I see wade posted a few reviews in the other thread. So far so good!

• Pikachu changed the title to Mass Effect Legendary Edition (14 May 2021) OT - Badassfully Remastered
30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's too long to watch. What's he's overall consensus on it?

I haven't watched it. But did Jeff even like the original game? I'm sure he says it looks nice or something along those lines. The idea is to form your own consensus on it from the video.

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I haven't watched it. But did Jeff even like the original game? I'm sure he says it looks nice or something along those lines. The idea is to form your own consensus on it from the video.

I'll just wait for impressions here and more reviews. I'm pretty positive I'll play it.

I got it and played a little last night but didn't get very far. It looks REALLY good so far in 4K and plays pretty well too. I'm biased though and beat the original six times and got all of the achievments so take what I say with a grain of salt :p. I'm still VERY early in the game though, still playing through the tutorial basically. I'll continue to update as I go though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll just wait for impressions here and more reviews. I'm pretty positive I'll play it.

game looks great. i have it on performance mode so i could make the visuals look even better if i wanted to. 

gameplay definitely feels improved. There's still some clunkiness with the soft cover system but it overall feels good. 

the SOUND is also much improved. 

• Thanks 1

The game plays, feels, and looks great on PC. There only seems to be stereo sound though and that's mildly disappointing, I really wanted to play in 5.1. Maybe they'll be a patch....anyone else experiencing a lack of 5.1?

I've only played mass effect so far don't know about the others.

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I got it and played a little last night but didn't get very far. It looks REALLY good so far in 4K and plays pretty well too. I'm biased though and beat the original six times and got all of the achievments so take what I say with a grain of salt :p. I'm still VERY early in the game though, still playing through the tutorial basically. I'll continue to update as I go though.

34 minutes ago, johnny said:

game looks great. i have it on performance mode so i could make the visuals look even better if i wanted to. 

gameplay definitely feels improved. There's still some clunkiness with the soft cover system but it overall feels good. 

the SOUND is also much improved. 

What are you guy's playing on?

8 minutes ago, Dodger said:

If you’re starting with the first what class y’all using? I never played the first much just beat the second 2.

I loved using Vanguard in ME1, as it had tech and force powers. In ME2 & 3 I played an infiltrator mostly for the “oh shit” power that invisibility is. It was the ONLY reason I could get through ME2 on Insanity. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I loved using Vanguard in ME1, as it had tech and force powers. In ME2 & 3 I played an infiltrator mostly for the “oh shit” power that invisibility is. It was the ONLY reason I could get through ME2 on Insanity. 

Vanguard is combat and biotics. You're thinking of Sentinel which is tech and biotics. 

For whenever I get around to this I'm going to do a FemShep run, and I'll do Infiltrator for the tech and combat skills. My male Shepard from my original playthrough was a Vanguard and that was fun. The hybrid classes are more fun than the solo specialization classes IMO. I think even Sentinel would be more fun this time around since the only thing holding it back before was that it could only use the pistol unless you had already done another character and unlocked the achievement with a different weapon type allowing other classes to use it in subsequent playthroughs.