Fernando Tatis Jr. Graces the Cover of MLB the Show 21 Coming to Playstation and Xbox (Available 4/20/21), update - reviews from OpenCritic posted

Keyser_Soze

Always excited for The Show but don’t have high expectations for this year. Gotta think going from developing a game for one single system to developing for 2 gens of that system plus 2 gens of a brand news system are up a lot of their time. And they’re not a big studio anyway. Expecting basically a roster update this year. 

5 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Always excited for The Show but don’t have high expectations for this year. Gotta think going from developing a game for one single system to developing for 2 gens of that system plus 2 gens of a brand news system are up a lot of their time. And they’re not a big studio anyway. Expecting basically a roster update this year. 

Add COVID, it’s gonna be a roster update 

• 1 month later...
mlbtheshow21exclusivexboxseriesxgameplay
WWW.IGN.COM

Sony San Diego Gameplay Designer Ramone Russell makes his annual visit to IGN with a special treat: the first-ever Xbox Series X gameplay footage of MLB The Show 21! IGN baseball superfan Ryan McCaffrey talks through MLB The Show 21's high-level new features, such as the next-gen-exclusive Stadium Creator, while you check out that Xbox Series X footage. MLB The Show 21 will be released on April 20 for PlayStation...

MLB_TheShow_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

With another thrilling Opening Day in the books, Major League Baseball fans around the world were treated to all the nail biters, dingers, and bat flips they could handle when teams took the field to kick off the 2021 season. But if you thought that was all the big news we’re bringing you this week, […]

On 3/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I’m leaning towards the PS5 version

You sure about that?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:
MLB_TheShow_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

With another thrilling Opening Day in the books, Major League Baseball fans around the world were treated to all the nail biters, dingers, and bat flips they could handle when teams took the field to kick off the 2021 season. But if you thought...

You sure about that?

Awww shit. 

8 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

LOL.  Who at Sony signed off on that?

The rumor going around is MLB is actually the publisher for the Xbox version, so Sony might not have had a say and Microsoft just made a deal with the MLB.

Don't really know if I buy that though.

5 hours ago, johnny said:

IMO Sony should put this on PS Plus for a month or two in response. They won’t, but they should. 

They won’t. It sells really well for Sony. If anything put it on PS Now for the same amount of time the Game Pass deal is. 

Gamepass has enough content that I have stopped buying games on the Xbox platform. Will I miss out on stuff? Sure, but I don’t have enough time or will to play everything that is interesting to me. I average around 6-8 games a year, so GP is really all I need.

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Gamepass has enough content that I have stopped buying games on the Xbox platform. Will I miss out on stuff? Sure, but I don’t have enough time or will to play everything that is interesting to me. I average around 6-8 games a year, so GP is really all I need.

I rarely buy games anymore either. And if I do I usually wait for a sale. There are a few games I'd buy no matter what (well I'm not buying games on GP). Like a new Dark Souls game or something I'd buy day 1. But its down to like 1-2 games a year I have any interest in getting day 1 anymore. 

Blew my mind that this was announced for Xbox in the first place! I literally bought a PS3 just for this game back then! I don't buy it yearly, but it's a fantastic game. The more I think about it though, if it's just for 4 months then at least you get a really good feel on weather you want it on xbox or sony or PC. These games I usually play throughout the year so it's probably still a purchase inevitability! Hope it's cross save...

Ok so it is Cross platform progression even between Xbox and PlayStation so get it on Game Pass for a few months then make the decision on what platform you want to continue with etc?

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

2 days to go!  Hit me up on Xbox: Bmac1632 

gonna have to ride Cole as he is the only good picture the Yanks have. 

Added