Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

16 minutes ago, ort said:
brave_books_logo.png?v=1626899384
SHOP.BRAVEBOOKS.US

Brave Books

Holy shit is this something else. Can you imagine being this stupid? Like, really think about how unbelievable stupid on a deep cosmic level one would have to be to buy into something like this.

Oh man, I like that every book includes some pieces that are about guns rights, even the book about teaching kids that trans people are just deluded. There's also an anti-universal healthcare book. That's a pretty cool topic for a kids' book; and here I thought the book I bought my girls about loving their natural hair was wild.

I find it endlessly amusing that right wingers can't see that "cancel culture" is not unique to the left. Like, at all.

What do they even want to do about it? What is there to fight against? People having opinions on things that happen?

I love that the villain in these books is an evil vulture named "Culture the Vulture".

60f6eaa39b95537a35072b89_OpenGraphImage-
WWW.BRAVEBOOKS.US

Brave Books aims to Bring Real American Values that Endure into the hearts and minds of children and their families. Our goal is to equip parents with a tool box full of books that will provide a conservative alternative to the current cultural activism that our children are being taught in schools, in the entertainment they watch and the books they read.

Just now, ort said:

I find it endlessly amusing that right wingers can't see that "cancel culture" is not unique to the left. Like, at all.

What do they even want to do about it? What is there to fight against? People having opinions on things that happen?

It's projection. 

SHOP.BRAVEBOOKS.US

This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women. • 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester) • Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester • Heather col

Here's a stock art black man in a "Brave since 1776" shirt... nothing ironic about that at all... nope...

3 hours ago, ort said:
crenshaw-book.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, explained how his recent children's book is a fable meant to warn about the dangers of cancel culture.

Eye didn’t see this thing coming

*crickets*

I’ll see myself out now

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was expecting Trump to make light of this but this isn't surprising. Fucked up people for real.

Nah Trump is more: it's very sorry that a beautiful producer was killed on set on accident and Baldwin must be feeling really bad, prayers for the family. Anyway Baldwin isn't very funny and SNL isn't very good anymore, not like when I was on it. I hope Baldwin likes his new ratings because they are better than his SNL ratings which were very unfunny.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 1:36 AM, Jason said:

The “comedy SHOULD be offensive” crowd is fucking exhausting. I love plenty of comedy that is offensive, there’s plenty of it that is not, and the notion that offensive comedy should go unchallenged is moronic. But the people who love to carp about how comedy should be offensive seem to frequently believe that being offensive IS the comedy, and they can all eat shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

The “comedy SHOULD be offensive” crowd is fucking exhausting. I love plenty of comedy that is offensive, there’s plenty of it that is not, and the notion that offensive comedy should go unchallenged is moronic. But the people who love to carp about how comedy should be offensive seem to frequently believe that being offensive IS the comedy, and they can all eat shit.

Intent and execution always matter. Like, trey Parker and Matt stone still exist because they have always made a point (well, maybe not always) that makes you reflect on yourself. That's what comedy should try to accomplish. To that end, offending someone should be the byproduct of good comedy, because it makes you think about WHY it offends you. Offending should not be the goal, however.

As an opposite example, look at the fucking shell of a comic Stephen Colbert has become. His comedy is nothing more than a lefty circle jerk. It's punching down in a way that makes you feel nothing regardless of whether you agree with him or not. If you disagree, you dismiss it. If you agree, I hope that self validation made you feel better for 2 seconds. 

Compare that to someone like Trevor Noah, who actively *challenges* you. Like you think you're safe until he says something that makes you go "oh shit, that's me, isn't it?"

Dave Chappelle used to be like that. Chappelle's Show was that for an entire generation.  It made you laugh at everyone getting shot until the gun was pointed at you, and then you had to say "shit, you're right" and laugh anyway.

But that's the difference. Comedy that's offensive because it's highlighting something you don't like vs. comedy that's being offensive for the sake of it

36fea_comedy-aykroyd_MAIN-H-2021.jpg?w=1
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

As the 'SNL' icon readies for the highly anticipated ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ to arrive, he says there is too much material in comedy to rely on jokes that cause offense.

What is your impression of comedy today and cancel culture?

There is enough range in humor where you don’t have to go scatological and you don’t have to go pulling any divisive cards to get a laugh. There is so much in the world to comment on that is outside the realm of offensiveness. As a writer, you can go to other areas and have successful creative endeavors. Scatological humor is fun. It’s easy laughs. But there is more intelligent writing that can happen if you stay away from the offensive material that should be rightly canceled for its hurtfulness. Who can be the subject of an impression today? That’s an area of discussion. Can I do my James Brown imitation? He was one of my best friends. I do his voice pretty good. But maybe I shouldn’t anymore.

1 minute ago, Jason said:
gosar-shared-clip-twitter.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The video used clips taken from the popular anime "Attack on Titan" and spliced them with images of migrants at the southern border,

Hopefully they don’t play it off as nothing because these shit postings are what gave you Jan 6th. Charged the fucker and find a way to just get rid of them. 

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It probably falls under the parody provisions of "fair use".

I don't see how pasting people's heads in who are then killed qualifies as parody/fair use. Dude should at least suffer some secret service/FBI follow up like Kathy Griffin had to deal with.

• True 1

That so fucking gross. It's so dehumanizing. Depicting immigrants like monsters and the people fighting them as some sort of video game or action show heroes with cornball music?

This video is disgusting, and he's a disgusting monster. What a piece of shit. Fuck this guy. Rancid vile piece of shit. Fuck all these people.

They don't see these people as real people. It's all a game to them.

• True 1

Just now, Patatat said:

I don't see how pasting people's heads in who are then killed qualifies as parody/fair use.

I honestly don't know either, but my understanding is that parody/fair use does provide quite a bit of leeway.

However, I'm pretty sure that the IP holders will be able to issue a C&D at a the very least.

17 minutes ago, Patatat said:

I don't see how pasting people's heads in who are then killed qualifies as parody/fair use. Dude should at least suffer some secret service/FBI follow up like Kathy Griffin had to deal with.

You're right - this does seem substantively similar to the Kathy Griffin incident.

• True 2