~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

A friend sent me an invite link to Crypto.com for this stuff, so I signed up so I could the $25 signing bonus... and then app did everything short of asking for my social security number; pictures of my ID, a selfie, a full body shot of me holding a piece of paper that said something, me bent over with my ass cheeks spread holding a piece of saying “yes daddy”...

...is this all one giant identity theft scheme or something?

18 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

A friend sent me an invite link to Crypto.com for this stuff, so I signed up so I could the $25 signing bonus... and then app did everything short of asking for my social security number; pictures of my ID, a selfie, a full body shot of me holding a piece of paper that said something, me bent over with my ass cheeks spread holding a piece of saying “yes daddy”...

...is this all one giant identity theft scheme or something?

I don't know if I would trust any pure exchanges with this stuff other like Coinbase. Otherwise, you're better off using like Robinhood or Webull.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I don't know if I would trust any pure exchanges with this stuff other like Coinbase. Otherwise, you're better off using like Robinhood or Webull.

Hasn’t Robinhood had a shit ton of problems though?

17 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Hasn’t Robinhood had a shit ton of problems though?

Yes, I wouldn't actually use them. I know some people around here do. I was mostly coming at it from a who do you trust with your data side of things. I have no worries about Webull being a Chinese app. If the Chinese government wanted data on me, they could easily get it without trying to convince me to sign up for a trading app.

43 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

If the Chinese government wanted data on me, they could easily get it without trying to convince me to sign up for a trading app

Well even if they had your info from, say, the big OPQ hack... that information wouldn't tell them that you traded stocks and crypto and whatever else might be associated with that Webull account like how much money you feel free to blow. 

I actually think the Robinhood complaints are largely overblown, and stem mostly from misunderstandings of the regulatory system they are beholden to.

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

Fucking AMC. Sold my shares at a loss like a month ago.

I only have 9 shares, but the idea was to only put in an amount I didn't really care if I lost so that I wouldn't be feeling jumpy about just holding indefinitely to see what happens.