~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

So I’ve been playing around with this program

called Tribevest. It’s a mix of social media and investing where you invite people to a “tribe” and everybody contributes funds towards a business (they actually file the LLC papers for you to create an actual business entity, bank accounts, etc.). You can then require regular monthly contributions to the tribe, or one of lump sums of large capital injections are needed.

But man, the website is terrible. Lots of broken functionality. But it got me thinking about how you could basically make little hedge funds out of groups like ours, or other friends/family. Tribevest has functions to allow motions and voting on said motions. So you could pool resources and then communally decide on what you’re going to do. You could apply the same logic to stock purchases and sales.

Like, I’d totally kick in cash to a D1P hedge fund. It would be really fun!

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

So I’ve been playing around with this program

called Tribevest. It’s a mix of social media and investing where you invite people to a “tribe” and everybody contributes funds towards a business (they actually file the LLC papers for you to create an actual business entity, bank accounts, etc.). You can then require regular monthly contributions to the tribe, or one of lump sums of large capital injections are needed.

But man, the website is terrible. Lots of broken functionality. But it got me thinking about how you could basically make little hedge funds out of groups like ours, or other friends/family. Tribevest has functions to allow motions and voting on said motions. So you could pool resources and then communally decide on what you’re going to do. You could apply the same logic to stock purchases and sales.

Like, I’d totally kick in cash to a D1P hedge fund. It would be really fun!

I feel like being part of an LLC could add some fuckery with taxes, BUT, I’m potentially in :p 

6 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Dammit, was thinking about going all in on kenpharma but then started playing video games and forgot about it.

There’s also rumors that they’re going to be bought out today and announce it at the conference call that’s about to start

48 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

There’s also rumors that they’re going to be bought out today and announce it at the conference call that’s about to start

I don't own much OCGN, but I have a sell order for half of my shares at 14. I wonder if it gets there today.

4 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Where ever I want. Which is Dallas. 

My brother lives in Carrollton. It is close to the city, has a DART train stop, and actually has a decent amount of local flavor for being a Burb.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

My brother lives in Carrollton. It is close to the city, has a DART train stop, and actually has a decent amount of local flavor for being a Burb.

Yeah, Dallas is diverse and has a lot of cool neighborhoods. I also have immediate family there (and other parts). I considered Austin but it's smaller and less "city" from my experience there. 

Just now, Chollowa said:

I actually agree with this. Cats are the worst. So fuck a Cat, how's your dog feeling about it? 

Current market pull-back is a trend that's not stopping anytime soon. If this was 5 weeks ago both OCGN and KMPH would've been touching 30 off their news. SPY keeps dipping so don't expect past $18-22 range for OCGN on FDA submission and/or approval news.

OVID is a potential easy flip. R/R is very good on it. They made a deal with Takeda pharmaceuticals, yet, due to this trash ass market, it's currently trading at $4... which is below OVIDs (now) cash value... OVID is trading below their cash. Based on the current stock price, Takeda could've paid roughly $75m more and just bought OVID outright and avoided royalties and what-not. Simply put: OVID's current stock price/share makes ZERO sense and should be at least $5-6.