~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Glad you found something to scratch your degenerate gambling itch with baseball and football over

I will say the good thing about stocks is that my weekends are now free to spend time with the family instead of browsing FanDuel for match odds on Slovenia soccer games that I can parlay with EPL and NBA games. 

• Haha 1

CCIV just plunged 10%+. It is recovering some now. 

Lucid Motors To Go Public In Merger With Churchill Capital IV In $11.75B In Equity Value

My stop loss at $45 will probably hit, but I'm holding till normal trading hours to see if Wall Street Bets or Twitter people come in to jack it up.

Edit: Now we are blow $48 after hours

Edit2: It was down over 25% at one point.

9 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

probably but short term, I think this stock gets hit with shorts and goes down to $30 range. Some on FinTwit predicting $20-25. Either way, I am hoping for a good sell off so I can buy back in. 

Oh, yea, I sold everything and am repurchasing 50% of my shares at around $35-37. The “rebound to $45”(ish) is after all the panic selling is done (by this I mean that it’s going way lower than $45). I don’t see this hitting $20-25, maybe upper-$20s, though.

I think this is a good reminder that you should take profits and scale in and out of positions. I think another market correction like we saw last year is likely again. Look your portfolio today and see what took massive hits and limit your risks in those investments. 

Honestly, I’m looking at all the red on my stocks and thinking “this is wonderful!” Because I legitimately didn’t think I’d be able to average down on any of them. :lol: 

It's days like today I'm glad I swing trade instead of day trade or scalp. Am I red? Yes. Did the price target on any of my stocks change once their catalysts hit? No. So, I just buy more while they're below my average. :sun: 

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

No idea, just predicting what could happen. Once you get in bed with bitcoin your grasp on reality slips away

I'm asking because I don't think they are, I vaguely remember all the major car companies going "no thanks" when Tesla tried offering their battery tech to them. I think pretty much every EV company is doing their own thing, which is why I was confused. (I haven't looked into it for years, though :p )

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I'm asking because I don't think they are, I vaguely remember all the major car companies going "no thanks" when Tesla tried offering their battery tech to them. I think pretty much every EV company is doing their own thing, which is why I was confused.

I think part of that was because of the terms of the licensing that Tesla offered: they were meant to get good press but not to actually get licensees.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think part of that was because of the terms of the licensing that Tesla offered: they were meant to get good press but not to actually get licensees.

IIRC it was more of a play to get more people on Tesla charging stations (and paying monthly subs). Could be misremembering, though. :shrug: 

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

IIRC it was more of a play to get more people on Tesla charging stations (and paying monthly subs). Could be misremembering, though. :shrug: 

This is the best I could find but matches roughly with what I remember.

In particular:

That is why it was a shock to the general public in June 2014 when Elon Musk issued a statement titled ‘All Our Patent Are Belong To You’. Musk stated that “in the spirit of the open source movement”, Tesla would not “initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use our technology”. This was allegedly done to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport.

Tesla’s ‘open source philosophy’ comes with conditions. The main qualifier in Tesla’s ‘Patent Pledge’ is that Tesla will not initiate patent lawsuits against a party acting in ‘good faith. According to Tesla, a party is acting in ‘good faith’ so long as the party (and anyone related/affiliated/associated) has not:

asserted, helped to assert, or financially backed an assertion of (i) any intellectual property right against Tesla, or (ii) any patent right against a third party for the use of its technologies relating to electric vehicles or related equipment challenged, helped to challenge, or financially backed a challenge to any Tesla patent marketed or sold any knock-off Tesla product or helped another party to do so.

So, essentially, Tesla’s patents are only free to use if: you do not enforce any right against Tesla, you do not enforce any patent right against another party, you do not oppose Tesla’s patents or copy Tesla’s designs.

Using Tesla’s technology would essentially make any other company’s own intellectual property rights redundant. On the other hand, Tesla benefits from the arrangement because it appears that Tesla is free to use any improvements made to its technology by another party.