~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

Tuesday the 16th Stamps.com closed at $280, right now it is trading at $212 after a good earnings call. I point this out because I think some of our people newer to this game have said things before like "when this news drops, the stock will go way up" may not realize is that the share price already has baked into it the markets view of the likelihood of these things happening. So to get a big win there, you need to find something (if you are bullish) that you believe the market is guessing wrong about future earnings if you want to buy low/sell high. 

One of my possible long plays is RYCEY. Rolls is usually thought of for their beyond luxury vehicles, but that's a brand they sold off some time ago. They primarily build engines for transportation, including jets. I think there could be some good earnings in the future as the aviation industry bounces back and needs to buy jet engines again. I wouldn't sink a lot of $$ in, and it's probably a 2-3 year hold, but something that has been bouncing around in my head the last couple of weeks.

56 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yesterday: “WATT earnings likely negative” - QUICKLY, EVERYONE: SELL *price drops from $4.20s to $3.7s*

This morning in PM: WATT jumps from $3.68 to $5.80 for literally no reason 

... :shrug: 

Looks like Apple might be using magnetic battery packs in future iPhones/devices. Even though WATT wasn’t named, that’s what’s causing this jump.
WATT has been developing wireless charging tech, TRUE wireless charging tech: it will charge devices via an air (radio or wifi) signal; no charge plate to leave your devices on. You’d set up something that’s basically a router in your house, and it charges your devices while you’re home. This would/will be huge for cars as well, as your phone will just charge while you’re driving around, no more pads. AND, speaking of cars, for EVs, once this tech is big enough and scaleable to something of that size, you park your car at home, street, garage, whatever, and it just starts charging wirelessly (we’re likely awhile away from that aspect) - fuck mom and pop stores setting up charging stations for EVs when they can just buy what would amount to a large router/antenna that charges cars in their parking lot.

1 hour ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I have to imagine human safety of such electromagnetic energy has to be a concern with that wireless tech.

It's somehow doing it through radio signals, not electromagnetic energy. I'm unsure what the range would be - could just be a 5 sq/ft or something in early models. 

https://airfuel.org/wireless-power/rf-charging/#:~:text=Radio frequency (RF) wireless charging,electricity%2C and powers the device.

I'd imagine this would also be fairly slow charging - it's not going to straight-up power devices anytime soon. Based on absolutely nothing, something like this is probably 12+ hours to fully charge a phone that's in idle. :p 

This is what the company in question, Energous (WATT), is working on: 

iStock-475302772-e1498149874101.jpg
AIRFUEL.ORG

RF technology offers consumers and enterprises unique benefits, including mid-field to far-field charging freedom, support for small form factors, efficiency, and low-cost deployment. It’s great for wearables and small in-box electronic solutions.[...]

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

AND, speaking of cars, for EVs, once this tech is big enough and scalable to something of that size, you park your car at home, street, garage, whatever, and it just starts charging wirelessly (we’re likely awhile away from that aspect) - fuck mom and pop stores setting up charging stations for EVs when they can just buy what would amount to a large router/antenna that charges cars in their parking lot.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/02/19/2179005/0/en/Richardson-Electronics-Ltd-Expands-Support-for-EV-Wireless-Charging-Solutions-with-Celem-s-HTC-Series-of-High-Temperature-Capacitors.html

Oh! Well, then!

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

This is what the company in question, Energous (WATT), is working on: 

iStock-475302772-e1498149874101.jpg
AIRFUEL.ORG

RF technology offers consumers and enterprises unique benefits, including mid-field to far-field charging freedom, support for small form factors, efficiency, and low-cost deployment. It’s great for wearables and small in-box electronic solutions.[...]

While I would love the  convenience, I don't see wireless charging being good for a lot of applications.  For one, and maybe there are better numbers out there, the energy loss going from grid->wireless->charged device is just too much right now.  For EVs, seems like advanced solar panels built into the body of the car would provide better "wireless" charging, although this can only happen during the day lol.

29 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

While I would love the  convenience, I don't see wireless charging being good for a lot of applications.  For one, and maybe there are better numbers out there, the energy loss going from grid->wireless->charged device is just too much right now.  For EVs, seems like advanced solar panels built into the body of the car would provide better "wireless" charging, although this can only happen during the day lol.

You can't put enough square footage of solar panel on a car to do anything other than maybe run the air conditioning.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can't put enough square footage of solar panel on a car to do anything other than maybe run the air conditioning.

There should be enough area for it to slowly charge the batteries when the car is just parked somewhere, which cars spend most of their time doing.

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to say here. :confused:

Since most of our electricity comes from fossil fuels, the article I read, which is a few years old so I will need to find an updated one, about wireless charging said only up to 30% of the power is transferred with the magnetic resonance technology to the device you want to charge.  The rest is lost.  So replacing wires with wireless would lead to a bigger burden on our grid.

59 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Since most of our electricity comes from fossil fuels, the article I read, which is a few years old so I will need to find an updated one, about wireless charging said only up to 30% of the power is transferred with the magnetic resonance technology to the device you want to charge.  The rest is lost.  So replacing wires with wireless would lead to a bigger burden on our grid.

How old was/is that article? I’d assume that’s why the tech isn’t available yet. The idea would be to get it to where it’s the 1:1, or close, with current charging (in terms of power transfer) before its actually available to consumers.

If you’re willing to go into more of a large cap, something to look at is DMTK. It’s around $80 right now but is possible to go over $100 this year. They have a new way to detect skin cancer: current method is an invasive skin biopsy (painful; they take a large and deep cut of skin off the suspected area), DMTK has developed what basically amounts to a sticker that goes on the suspected area for ~30 minutes, peel it off, the skin cells on the sticker are used to detect cancer with the same accuracy of the invasive biopsy (and it’s a lot cheaper). My capital is committed elsewhere or I’d go into it: $80/share is too expensive for me currently given it could take several months; it’s currently better for me to increase position on my current holdings. Something to look into, though... Remember, do your own DD, this sure as heck isn’t financial advice :p 

Celsion Corporation Receives FDA Fast Track Designation For GEN-1 In Advanced Ovarian Cancer

PUB.WEBULL.COM

Celsion's Commitment to Promoting Immune System Solutions to Fight Life-Threatening Diseases  Granted an Accelerated Development Pathway...

I was feeling sad about buying this stock at $2.50 throughout the last week. Silly me. :daydream: