~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

6 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I added this stock to my watchlist last week after this thread kept mentioning it.

What do we think the ceiling is here? Too late to get in?

The ceiling is Pluto! :p (jk)

If the merger happens, it’s jumping to $60-80, easy. If Lucid launches without issue, $100-150+. But, no merger and it’s going to 0.

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Any expected timeline on an announcement of a merger / no merger?

"Sometime next week!" for 3 weeks now. It's all rumors, but one of those "uhhh... yea, it's pretty obvious" type of rumors. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen, and out money obviously. You could take the chance and wait for a drop on Tuesday (market is closed on Monday for the holiday) if there's no announcement, or hop in now and cut your risk at a higher entry price. It's up to you, nothing is safe or a guarantee here. 

I’m holding my weed stuff, I also averaged down on SNDL and VFF to around $2/share and $16/share respectively. I feel pretty good about their prices for the next weed stock blitz, whenever that occurs. If there are further dips I may go in more.

OTC was a tale of two halves of the week, but big gains and quick triggers on stop losses left me green there. One of my pennies got yanked by the SEC so I’m in limbo on a couple hundred bucks there 😂

Biomed has eased a bit and I’ll be looking for some longer term hold plays there next week.

I also three time bought $1000 doge and resold it at around $1070. That honestly made me more nervous than any of the stock plays!

Fun fun.

7 hours ago, elbobo said:

I'm holding a bag on one, probably will be for a while 

Avoid meme stocks like SNDL. If it’s become a main focus of WSB, it’s going to balloon in a week or two, then immediately have a fast and hard crash. I learned that with AMC.

If you get in early, you can make money, but, if it’s already booming you gotta be SUPER cautious.

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Avoid meme stocks like SNDL. If it’s become a main focus of WSB, it’s going to balloon in a week or two, then immediately have a fast and hard crash. I learned that with AMC.

If you get in early, you can make money, but, if it’s already booming you gotta be SUPER cautious.

That's what I thought about GME when it was like $75.:(

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's what I mean, when it was like $75 I was already like "oh well, too late." Then it hit $400 a couple days later.

Knowing what I know now and how to read volume and charts, $75 was not too late, it was still early. There was a high r/r at that point, of course, but not nearly as high as when it began to approach the $300-range. If it wasn’t for the BS that happened with brokers blocking/restricting trading it likely would have hit $500+.

Take a look at DPW, interesting potential for a long play: contracted with Amazon to sell home EV chargers, trying to obtain contracts to place their wireless chargers within fast food restaurants... and, it looks like they just started mining bitcoin. Currently only in the $5s, with an analyst rating for $25. Need to do more DD but, man, this could be a good one.

19 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Take a look at DPW, interesting potential for a long play: contracted with Amazon to sell home EV chargers, trying to obtain contracts to place their wireless chargers within fast food restaurants... and, it looks like they just started mining bitcoin. Currently only in the $5s, with an analyst rating for $25. Need to do more DD but, man, this could be a good one.

@Chollowa(tagging you because I saw your upvote)

So, shortly after finding this through some scanners and digging around, I noticed that some Twitter guys I follow also noticed the company; if you’re planning on this, there’s a strong possibility it’s now going to rip during pre and shortly into opening tomorrow morning before the bears short it into a bull trap to panic the chasers. What am I saying? If you’re doing your DD on this and you like it, 4am tomorrow is potentially the time to get in and scalping it a few hours later, OR, wait a few days and watch it because there’s a good chance it rips for a day or three then crashes on a down-swing.

• Like 1

Crypto was a mistake.

It’s long. Some nuggets:

The participating computing infrastructure for Fedwire involves between ten and twenty thousand computers, none of which need to generate SHA256 hashes.  Its participants securely transfer trillions of dollars in real value each day.  And most importantly: Fedwire does not take the energy footprint of Egypt or the Netherlands to do so.

As we will see below, the more than 2 million machines used in Bitcoin mining alone consume as much energy as Egypt or the Netherlands consumes each year.  And they do so while simultaneously only securing a relatively small amount of payments less than $4 billion last year.  

Manufacturers such as Bitmain, MicroBT, or Canaan will eventually reveal how many systems they have sold which will give us some better refinement on the lower bound, the minimum amount of machines being used.

But it is clear that the spectrum is at a bare minimum Portugal and likely closer to Malaysia or Egypt, especially with so many people and companies trying to bring on older systems right now.  This would put Bitcoin around the 27th largest ‘country’ by energy consumption.

One estimate is that around half of all data center energy usage is now tied to Bitcoin mining.  In fact, the energy consumption of Bitcoin is more than the combined energy use of Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Apple.  And the e-waste that is generated annually from discarded mining equipment is roughly equivalent to what Luxembourg throws in the trash each year. 

This also does not include the socialized costs – and privatized gains – that miners place on specific geographies due to the type of energy used in generating the hashes.