Joe Biden's Inauguration

I don't agree with the opinion that the Bernie thing is "old".

I think the Bernie meme is kind of like the whole country finally exhaling and allowing itself to have a fun, whimsical, wholesome joke that doesn't have to be about a madman selling us out to Russians or trying to overthrow the government.

It strikes me as almost a collective mental release valve for a country who doesn't yet know how to fully face the fact that not everything is horrible all the time anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

I don't agree with the opinion that the Bernie thing is "old".

I think the Bernie meme is kind of like the whole country finally exhaling and allowing itself to have a fun, whimsical, wholesome joke that doesn't have to be about a madman selling us out to Russians or trying to overthrow the government.

It strikes me as almost a collective mental release valve for a country who doesn't yet know how to fully face the fact that not everything is horrible all the time anymore.

I’ve seen Trump voters sharing it, and not as an insult.

29 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

release valve for a country who doesn't yet know how to fully face the fact that not everything is horrible all the time anymore.

I simply don't trust the American body politic -- especially "liberals" -- who have the collective memory of a gold fish to not allow themselves to be lulled into complacency when the "facts on the ground" are still very much in the swine's favor.

I hope this country NEVER faces the fact that not everything is horrible all the time anymore because eternal vigilance is really all we have.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I simply don't trust the American body politic -- especially "liberals" -- who have the collective memory of a gold fish to not allow themselves to be lulled into complacency when the "facts on the ground" are still very much in the swine's favor.

I hope this country NEVER faces the fact that not everything is horrible all the time anymore because eternal vigilance is really all we have.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I've seen them share memes thinking we're actually making fun of Bernie, as an insult.

They aren't good at the funny, one Trump supporter from an old workplace on facebook has unironically shared articles from The Onion and videos from The Daily Show.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
106830957-1611770400900-gettyimages-1278
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

President Joe Biden's brother Frank promoted his relationship to the commander-in-chief in an Inauguration Day...

20210128-joe-hunter-biden-ap-773.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

Still, one brother discussed new venture with major donor before Biden entered the White House.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:53 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I was expecting a new Batman trailer to start right after reading this. 

• 2 weeks later...

He did react in this unacceptable way, but it was to a yellow journalist who was writing a slime piece about his and his gf's personal life (where they carefully had to navigate ethics rules to be together). And then there's the stage 4 cancer thing. Maybe we can just let this be an acceptable punishment.