27 members have voted

1. 1. Worst D1P food take

• Wade’s preference for well-done steaks
    • ManU’s ‘spicy like mild salsa’
    • Chris- “chain pizza is good”
    • Basically anything Bacon says
    • Joe’s tortilla puritism
    • Jason’s insistence that good food doesn’t exist outside of two boroughs
    • Other (I’m probably forgetting a lot of your dog shit opinions)
    • kitty’s bad fried egg opinion

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

What bad fried egg opinion?

I think she doesn't like runny yolk/dippy yellows. I mean, I don't either. My fried eggs are over hard so the yolk is 100% dry and I can just eat around it and even peel the egg whites from the dry over cooked yolk. 

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

He’s talking about my correct opinion that runny egg yolk is horrible and disgusting.  

This may actually be worse than Wade's preference for well-done meat.

57 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I think she doesn't like runny yolk/dippy yellows. I mean, I don't either. My fried eggs are over hard so the yolk is 100% dry and I can just eat around it and even peel the egg whites from the dry over cooked yolk. 

Yeah but you're...you.

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I love pineapple on pizza.

If it helps, just stop thinking of pineapple pizza as pizza. Like, chicago style pizza isn't actually pizza, it's a casserole. That doesn't mean it isn't delicious, it's just objectively not pizza.

Think of a pineapple/jalapeno pizza (they have to go together, so good) as a... flatbread with tomato sauce, cheese, pineapple, and jalapeno. You can even make it rectangular if it makes you feel better.

But don't tell me it isn't delicious.

Exactly. There is a local restaurant that makes a "pizza" with a smoked gouda sauce, grilled pineapple, grilled chicken, and bacon. It's fantastic. 

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People act like pineapple is the only topping you put on the pizza. You put pineapple and something else (ham / jalepeno / sardines) to complement the pineapple.

You mean anchovies you barbarian. Ain’t nobody putting fucking sardines on pizza.

I took that to mean you like anchovies on pizza, which is just weird. Greasy, canned fish shouldn't be eaten with... well, anything, really. It's a fine flavoring agent in caesar dressing (not there aren't other things you could use instead), but slapping anchovies on pizza is straight up some great depression shit.

Anchovies are bait, not food.

• Guillotine 1

12 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I took that to mean you like anchovies on pizza, which is just weird. Greasy, canned fish shouldn't be eaten with... well, anything, really. It's a fine flavoring agent in caesar dressing (not there aren't other things you could use instead), but slapping anchovies on pizza is straight up some great depression shit.

Never had it with pizza, but I don’t see it as some absurd blasphemy either. It’s just salty cured deliciousness.

16 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

You tellin’ me you wouldn’t eat this if you were in San Sebastián? You wilidin’.

Ooh, I just got reminded of one. If you bread buffalo wings, you're a monster. They do it at Hooters, TGI fridays, and either dominos or pizza hut, can't remember which. I think it's dominos. Do you want soggy, gross wings? Cause that's how you get soggy, gross wings.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Ooh, I just got reminded of one. If you bread buffalo wings, you're a monster. They do it at Hooters, TGI fridays, and either dominos or pizza hut, can't remember which. I think it's dominos. Do you want soggy, gross wings? Cause that's how you get soggy, gross wings.

There is a local bar that does really crispy breaded wings, so don’t knock it until you find a place that can rock it. 

I’m not adding the olive/sardine opinion because I’m lazy and don’t feel like editing the poll (also, I agree). 

Oh cmon, Wade should not be winning this by twice the vote. I feel like Bacon is the Donald Trump of bad food takes. He has so many bad food takes that people are just like “oh, it’s just Bacon again” and they don’t really think much about exactly how bad that food take is.  

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh cmon, Wade should not be winning this by twice the vote. I feel like Bacon is the Donald Trump of bad food takes. He has so many bad food takes that people are just like “oh, it’s just Bacon again” and they don’t really think much about exactly how bad that food take is.  

This just proves that my takes are right and everyone else is wrong. :dab2:

24 minutes ago, Bacon said:

There are breaded buffalo wings where the buffalo seasoning is in the breading so there is no sauce and I like those. 

What are "buffalo seasonings?" The sauce is what makes Buffalo wings BUFFALO wings. Without the sauce its just spicy fried chicken. Places I know that bread their wings, will usually serve the sauce on the side or give you the option to do so.