~*Official NYC Mayor Eric Adams Thread of Nepotistic Hilarity*~ - update: Adams accused of 1993 sexual assault in court filing

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean this isn't bad at least. The cop and Bitcoin and self driving cars (LMAO, in the city with the best transit in the country!) shit though 

Not my circus, not my monkeys. 

Is the transit in the rest of the country seriously that fucked?

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Is the transit in the rest of the country seriously that fucked?

Have you been to the rest of the country?!

By any measurement NYC has the most effective transit system but like all other things in this country suffers from years of deferred maintenance and lack of investment

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Have you been to the rest of the country?!

By any measurement NYC has the most effective transit system but like all others suffers from years of deferred maintenance and lack of investment

It’s absolute garbage. If it’s actually the most effective, that’s unbelievably sad!

Wasserman has his own problems but they're minor (and I don't even remember what mildly perturbed me what he said it was so minor and long ago) and not worth getting upset about.

Adams actually had a good quote on twitter not being real life: people on social media don't elect candidates, people on social security do. 

19 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Wasserman has his own problems but they're minor (and I don't even remember what mildly perturbed me what he said it was so minor and long ago) and not worth getting upset about.

Adams actually had a good quote on twitter not being real life: people on social media don't elect candidates, people on social security do. 

Ratios on twitter are essentially, if a tweet has WAY more retweets, quote tweets, or comments than it does likes, it means it has generated discussion. And that likely means the original tweet was bad enough to where all the discussion is stuff like "bro this is insane" or "you should never have tweeted this."

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Ah gotcha.

I have no idea what that metric is supposed to represent :p

In Twitterverse, having more comments than likes is getting "ratio'd".

Generally, it's assumed more people are shitting on what was said rather than liking it.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What a stupid "metric" :lol:

It’s profoundly stupid especially because engagement is what drives social media. None of these fuckers care if they get ratio’d, people just like to point at it and say, “that ratio tho.” It’s the dumbest fucking thing.

While Garcia trails by less than four percentage points, the results released on Tuesday do not include absentee ballots. The New York City Board of Elections requires absentee ballots to be postmarked by June 22. Tuesday marked the final day for absentee ballots to be accepted by the board of elections.

How can they go through all the rounds of eliminating candidates via the ranked choice process if no absentee ballots are in yet?

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

How can they go through all the rounds of eliminating candidates via the ranked choice process if no absentee ballots are in yet?

Answers on reddit are saying that the eliminations are all preliminary numbers based on if they had all the ballots in and that they'll need to go through the entire vote-transferring process again once the absentee ballots come in.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Would be cool if they could get all the votes in on Election Day and then input and tabulate results in a reasonable time frame :p

With the effective leadership of the definitely a Latina and not using her ex-husband’s last name for political benefit Mayor Kathryn Garcia, this would be a reality!