Star Wars Outlaws (open-world game set between Episodes V and VI | PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 2024) - "Behind The Scenes - Crafting a Galaxy of Opportunity" video

AbsolutSurgen

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Where you can choose to play as either a protocol droid or a ship refueler droid.

EDIT - I will wait to get excited. Open world how? As in running around a city? Or running around a city and jumping in a ship to fly to space? 

Open world in an X-Wing.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment (The Division) announce open-world Star Wars game

These games are a few years away which leads me to believe the 10 year exclusivity deal with EA still stands, but won't be renewed in 2022.

I do think its hilarious that Lucasfilm isn't even waiting to announce their new partnerships. I don't even know if EA has any other SW games in the works. (Fallen Order sequel prolly)

I'm excited. That exclusivity deal was bad news from the start. We all knew how it would work out. Now we can get back to the plethora of bad/mediocre Star Wars games we were all used to, and hopefully those few gems like Rogue Squadron, Republic Commando, and Jedi Outcast.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Where you can choose to play as either a protocol droid or a ship refueler droid.

EDIT - I will wait to get excited. Open world how? As in running around a city? Or running around a city and jumping in a ship to fly to space? 

Given its from Massive, I would think it's a third-person open-world GaaS game.  More, Division/Destiny than Star Citizen/No Man's Sky.  So yes, you can probably jump into a space ship and pick another planet from a map (just like Destiny).  But I would doubt you could "fly" one around an open world.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I do think its hilarious that Lucasfilm isn't even waiting to announce their new partnerships. I don't even know if EA has any other SW games in the works. (Fallen Order sequel prolly)

You're probably right about a FO sequel -- but I would guess they are working on SW Battlefront 3 as well.

Lucasflim Confirms that EA is working on multiple Star Wars Games

Continuing the relationship that resulted in the reinvigorated Battlefront series, the critically-acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and multiplayer hit Star Wars: Squadrons, Electronic Arts will too play a big role in the future of Star Wars gaming. “We’re really proud of the games we have created with EA,” Reilly says. “We will continue working with them and our relationship has never been stronger. While we may not have a lot of details to share at the moment, we’ve got a number of projects underway with the talented teams at EA.”

I'm guessing it'll be a Destiny style experience where you have these relatively small spaces on multiple planets, but I hope that's not the case. I've put hundreds more hours in Destiny than Division, but something I really like about the Division games is that they feel like more expansive locations. It helps that it's mostly one single map, rather than a bunch of different ones, but locations in Destiny feel small.

Still, I don't see how you make a big Star Wars game and keep people on a single planet, and if you have multiple planets, I don't know how you make each one sufficiently big. Hopefully they find a way.

Who cares what it is - it's not Battlefront....which is all we've had for SO LONG!!

It's been what, 2014 they've owned rights to the license...and we've gotten 2 Battlefront games? WTF is that? Took them until last year to do anything else SW related.

I WANTZ MOAR!!

53 minutes ago, ARZ said:

Who cares what it is - it's not Battlefront....which is all we've had for SO LONG!!

It's been what, 2014 they've owned rights to the license...and we've gotten 2 Battlefront games? WTF is that? Took them until last year to do anything else SW related.

I WANTZ MOAR!!

Jedi Fallen Order

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I would be down for a Ghost Recon Wildlands style of game 

I really am wondering if it will be a games as service game like Division or a single player/coop game like Ghost Recon or Assassin’s Creed.

with a Division style formula, on Corusant as like a bounty Hunter or mercenary, it could be a money making machine the likes Ubisoft has never seen. 

• 2 years later...