Jump to content

Kevin Feige confirms that Deadpool 3 will retain its R-rating within the MCU


Recommended Posts

  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kevin Feige confirms that Deadpool 3 will retain its R-rating within the MCU
6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah we'll see. And how do they retcon the connections to the Fox X-Men films in the first two movies?

 

Didn’t he have a time travel gizmo at the end of Deadpool 2? It freaks out and sends him to the MCU, fin, a play in one act.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

Those films now belong to Marvel, so probably any way they want. If anything, Deadpool is the property most suited to playing with multiverses and having fun.

 

I mean, that means Fox X-Men films are canon in the MCU? :p 

 

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

Didn’t he have a time travel gizmo at the end of Deadpool 2? It freaks out and sends him to the MCU, fin, a play in one act.

 

He did, he goes back in time to save Morena Baccarin, undoing her death from Deadpool 2. Theoretically, he could take it further, but traveling in time is different than crossing to other dimensions.

 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

You're talking about X-Men Origins: Wolverine and what other movie?

 

Deadpool 1 has the X-Men: First Class cast in it, and Deadpool 2 continues with Juggernaut showing up and Colossus coming back again. It's nothing big, but the connections are there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

He did, he goes back in time to save Morena Baccarin, undoing her death from Deadpool 2. Theoretically, he could take it further, but traveling in time is different than crossing to other dimensions.

 

In the MCU, time travel is KINDA like going to other dimensions? So many Deadpool ends back up in a dimension with Morena and the current MCU? Who knows. :p

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

In the MCU, time travel is KINDA like going to other dimensions? So many Deadpool ends back up in a dimension with Morena and the current MCU? Who knows. :p

 

Is that true? I believe the time stone and the space stone are different: Loki steals the space stone in Avengers: Endgame which allows him to travel alternate dimensions (hence the new Loki show) but Dr. Strange's time stone just moves you through time, but only in your current dimension. And Deadpool 2's time travel device (not an infinity stone), taken from Cable, does the same, I believe. Time travel, not space travel (meaning alternate dimension travel). 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Is that true? I believe the time stone and the space stone are different: Loki steals the space stone in Avengers: Endgame which allows him to travel alternate dimensions (hence the new Loki show) but Dr. Strange's time stone just moves you through time, but only in your current dimension. And Deadpool 2's time travel device (not an infinity stone), taken from Cable, does the same, I believe. Time travel, not space travel (meaning alternate dimension travel). 

 

At the end of Endgame, the shield Cap gives to Falcon is a different shield than the one Thanos destroyed / that he had in the MCU movies up until that moment. Cap definitely didn’t just go back in time, he went somewhere else.

 

I think the time stone specifically lets someone fuck with time like a DVR, so it’s kind of a different thing? When Strange rewinds the Necronomicon or whatever fucking book Mads messed with in Doctor Strange, the pages are restored but it’s not like Mads has his past with them altered, he still knows the cheat codes he learned from the book. The time heist is specifically not about messing with the past... they “borrow” the infinity stones for practically no time at all since Cap’s quest is to put them back exactly where / when they were found.

 

But again, Cap definitely lives his life in a past that’s NOT the normal MCU, so there’s some precedent for “time travel” having the potential to send someone somewhere else, not just somewhen else. I think one of Endgame’s writers disputes this about Endgame, but... that doesn’t jive with Cap having a different shield so who the fuck knows. :p

 

EDIT - also we’re talking about Deadpool so for all we know he could Blazing Saddles / Monty Python and The Holy Grail this shit and just walk onto the set of Thor Love and Thunder. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

At the end of Endgame, the shield Cap gives to Falcon is a different shield than the one Thanos destroyed / that he had in the MCU movies up until that moment. Cap definitely didn’t just go back in time, he went somewhere else.

 

I think the time stone specifically lets someone fuck with time like a DVR, so it’s kind of a different thing? When Strange rewinds the Necronomicon or whatever fucking book Mads messed with in Doctor Strange, the pages are restored but it’s not like Mads has his past with them altered, he still knows the cheat codes he learned from the book. The time heist is specifically not about messing with the past... they “borrow” the infinity stones for practically no time at all since Cap’s quest is to put them back exactly where / when they were found.

 

But again, Cap definitely lives his life in a past that’s NOT the normal MCU, so there’s some precedent for “time travel” having the potential to send someone somewhere else, not just somewhen else. I think one of Endgame’s writers disputes this about Endgame, but... that doesn’t jive with Cap having a different shield so who the fuck knows. :p

 

EDIT - also we’re talking about Deadpool so for all we know he could Blazing Saddles / Monty Python and The Holy Grail this shit and just walk onto the set of Thor Love and Thunder. 

 

I'm with you 100% about Cap, but wasn't that due to Ant-Man and Banner's unique time travel device they made or whatever? And not due to the time stone or space stone? I've only seen that movie once, so I can't quite remember. But Ant-Man's quantum stuff, the infinity stones, and Cable's time travel device are all entirely different things that do different things, so we can't treat them as the same, right?

 

And yeah, I agree with you it's fucking Deadpool (my favorite "superhero") and they'll probably just handwave all this away. :p 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm with you 100% about Cap, but wasn't that due to Ant-Man and Banner's unique time travel device they made or whatever? And not due to the time stone or space stone? I've only seen that movie once, so I can't quite remember. But Ant-Man's quantum stuff, the infinity stones, and Cable's time travel device are all entirely different things that do different things, so we can't treat them as the same, right?

 

And yeah, I agree with you it's fucking Deadpool (my favorite "superhero") and they'll probably just handwave all this away. :p 

 

I like Deadpool as well, but the writers seemed surprised when people reacted poorly to fridging Morena in Deadpool 2 and said that they were unfamiliar with the trope, so... I imagine they can’t care too much about how they approach the MCU integration seeing as how they apparently don’t read :p

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

I like Deadpool as well, but the writers seemed surprised when people reacted poorly to fridging Morena in Deadpool 2 and said that they were unfamiliar with the trope, so... I imagine they can’t care too much about how they approach the MCU integration seeing as how they apparently don’t read :p

 

I remember that - all the hoopla over fridging her. I thought killing her off was done well, and they brought her back by the end anyway, so I didn't see the big deal, but I do understand the distaste for the trope.

 

It's somewhat surprising that Rhett Rheese and Paul Wernick, two very self-aware comedy writers, didn't know about the trope, but they said they didn't so I guess they didn't know. How do you write two Zombieland movies and two Deadpool movies and not know? :p 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greatoneshere said:

 

I remember that - all the hoopla over fridging her. I thought killing her off was done well, and they brought her back by the end anyway, so I didn't see the big deal, but I do understand the distaste for the trope.

 

It's somewhat surprising that Rhett Rheese and Paul Wernick, two very self-aware comedy writers, didn't know about the trope, but they said they didn't so I guess they didn't know. How do you write two Zombieland movies and two Deadpool movies and not know? :p 

 

Yeah I thought Deadpool 2 handled it... fine. Though I get being burned out on the trope, and it’s one of the least interesting things they could have done to either character. But whatever.

 

As far as them not knowing... I mean what the fuck, the trope comes from a fucking Green Lantern comic. GREEN LANTERN. THE THING THEY REFERENCE IN THESE MOVIES. BECAUSE RYAN REYNOLDS. How the hell do you not know???

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

EDIT - also we’re talking about Deadpool so for all we know he could Blazing Saddles / Monty Python and The Holy Grail this shit and just walk onto the set of Thor Love and Thunder. 

 

Was gonna say, Deadpool is probably their easiest character to do a heavy retcon on. The branching timelines thing plus the upcoming multiverse stuff also gives them tons of other ways to do it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

With Deadpool they don't really need to worry about explaining the shenanigans with the different universes.  Deadpool can just look at the camera and shrug and say well I guess I'm a part of the MCU now... just address it all directly.  That probably makes it a lot easier to keep the deadpool story going.  When their is eventually a new wolverine Deadpool can just flat out say wow I thought you used to look a lot more like the actor Hugh Jackman.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, number305 said:

With Deadpool they don't really need to worry about explaining the shenanigans with the different universes.  Deadpool can just look at the camera and shrug and say well I guess I'm a part of the MCU now... just address it all directly.  That probably makes it a lot easier to keep the deadpool story going.  When their is eventually a new wolverine Deadpool can just flat out say wow I thought you used to look a lot more like the actor Hugh Jackman.  

 

I totally agree - but there still needs to be some explanation how he got into the MCU universe from the Fox X-Men one then. Not a big deal, just saying they better. I'm much more doubtful of an R-rated Disney superhero film, but hey, here's to hoping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I totally agree - but there still needs to be some explanation how he got into the MCU universe from the Fox X-Men one then. Not a big deal, just saying they better. I'm much more doubtful of an R-rated Disney superhero film, but hey, here's to hoping.

 

His whole thing is that the battle between his regeneration and his cancer is making him crazy, if they really wanted to they could just chalk it up to him having a warped perception of reality.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

 

His whole thing is that the battle between his regeneration and his cancer is making him crazy, if they really wanted to they could just chalk it up to him having a warped perception of reality.

 

Well see, now we're getting into cool, proper Deadpool ideas. I'm all in for this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

 

His whole thing is that the battle between his regeneration and his cancer is making him crazy, if they really wanted to they could just chalk it up to him having a warped perception of reality.

They already do this, thats why he constantly breaks the 4th wall. He knows hes a fictional character.

 

If Deadpool can break the fourth wall, will that make Professor X also know  he is in a comic book? - Quora

 

Nike Air Max TR 180 Womens Shadow Grey Metallic Silver Purple Vo

Link to post
Share on other sites

MCU fans are continuity obsessed so I’m sure Feige has something in mind to tie these universes together that goes beyond a simple throwaway gag.

 

I’m personally against mixing the two worlds together but it’s obviously in Marvel’s best interest to bring such a popular character into the fold.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

MCU fans are continuity obsessed so I’m sure Feige has something in mind to tie these universes together that goes beyond a simple throwaway gag.

 

I’m personally against mixing the two worlds together but it’s obviously in Marvel’s best interest to bring such a popular character into the fold.

 

It's coming out after the Spider-Man and Dr. Strange multiverse movies, right? That seems like the easiest explanation. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

I mean, that means Fox X-Men films are canon in the MCU? :p 

 

 

He did, he goes back in time to save Morena Baccarin, undoing her death from Deadpool 2. Theoretically, he could take it further, but traveling in time is different than crossing to other dimensions.

 

 

Deadpool 1 has the X-Men: First Class cast in it, and Deadpool 2 continues with Juggernaut showing up and Colossus coming back again. It's nothing big, but the connections are there. 

Deadpool used far superior versions of Colossus and Juggernaut because the X-Men movie versions sucked. It was Deadpool 2 that had a gag cameo of the First Class cast.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Deadpool used far superior versions of Colossus and Juggernaut because the X-Men movie versions sucked. It was Deadpool 2 that had a gag cameo of the First Class cast.

 

He did use far superior versions, but I think they are just recast - it's the same Colossus and Juggernaut from the other films, but due to Days of Future Past all bets are off on them being exactly the same since the timeline was irrevocably altered after DOFP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

He did use far superior versions, but I think they are just recast - it's the same Colossus and Juggernaut from the other films, but due to Days of Future Past all bets are off on them being exactly the same since the timeline was irrevocably altered after DOFP.

The real headache inducing part is trying to figure out what year the movie is supposed to be set in. With the First Class team looking like they did in Apocalypse that would set the movie in the 80s. Yet Colossus was probably  21 or 22 in X2 which is set in 2003. He was just a student in that movie and in Deadpool 1+2 he's an X-Men member so is the movie supposed to be set later on? Very confusing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

The real headache inducing part is trying to figure out what year the movie is supposed to be set in. With the First Class team looking like they did in Apocalypse that would set the movie in the 80s. Yet Colossus was probably  21 or 22 in X2 which is set in 2003. He was just a student in that movie and in Deadpool 1+2 he's an X-Men member so is the movie supposed to be set later on? Very confusing.

Your first mistake is trying to make any kind of sense of a timeline for the X-Men movies.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

The real headache inducing part is trying to figure out what year the movie is supposed to be set in. With the First Class team looking like they did in Apocalypse that would set the movie in the 80s. Yet Colossus was probably  21 or 22 in X2 which is set in 2003. He was just a student in that movie and in Deadpool 1+2 he's an X-Men member so is the movie supposed to be set later on? Very confusing.

 

I'm just looking at broad strokeshere since even with DOFP trying to course correct things, the Fox X-Men universe has numerous holes in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...