Cancel Culture Comes For Parler :(

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's the one thing I miss about my old job: pillows and high quality mattresses and mattress toppers for pennies on the dollar, well below even manufacturing cost, at scrap cost.

Do you have any thoughts on Purple-brand mattresses? I'm thinking of putting my next stimulus into one :p 

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Do you have any thoughts on Purple-brand mattresses? I'm thinking of putting my next stimulus into one :p 

Absolute garbage. Was misshapen, the proprietary gel was about 5" shorter in length than the foam base core causing the ends to bow up and was just firm as all hell. Also weighed a damn ton for no reason

It's been a few years but that's what it was when I evaluated it

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Absolute garbage. Was misshapen, the proprietary gel was about 5" shorter in length than the foam base core causing the ends to bow up and was just firm as all hell. Also weighed a damn ton for no reason

What mattress do you recommend? I am in the market for a new one 

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

What mattress do you recommend? I am in the market for a new one 

If you're going foam, get latex foam (at least a few inches on top of the normal foam). Breathes better. 

If you really want to do research, visit the mattress underground forums. Some deep shit, there, on the industry and how to shop for a mattress.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Did you get the pillow too? I've heard good things about that.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If it's an online order I always liked Casper, mostly cause it's relatively soft

See, aside from the ends curling, the Purple sounds better. I really dislike soft mattresses. I had a soft mattress, it killed me back and my posture. Thought my back was always sore from running/bjj, but it was the soft mattress. Definitely not as comfortable, but ill take less comfort for no pain.

12 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

MyPillow is just shredded foam there's nothing special about it.

Back when I was in the bedding industry our minnesota branch manager always mentioned how crazy conservative the MyPillow guy was, and this was before Trump.

As someone in the know, I have to ask:

Is every mattress store selling blow out the back door or something?  I never see anyone inside.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

See, aside from the ends curling, the Purple sounds better. I really dislike soft mattresses. I had a soft mattress, it killed me back and my posture. Thought my back was always sore from running/bjj, but it was the soft mattress. Definitely not as comfortable, but ill take less comfort for no pain.

Agreed. Firm is better. We got a Natural Sleep Concepts Medical - Pressure Balance Latex Mattress from Costco. It's a firm latex foam mattress with a softer inch or two on top. So it feels comfortable but it's not soft at all, and has lots of support.

It was $1,500, but a good mattress is worth it to prevent future back pain. 

46 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

As someone in the know, I have to ask:

Is every mattress store selling blow out the back door or something?  I never see anyone inside.

High margin low volume. Only need to sell 1-2 a day on average to break even. People who go into these stores are not passive buyers they're there to make a purchase

49 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Agreed. Firm is better. We got a Natural Sleep Concepts Medical - Pressure Balance Latex Mattress from Costco. It's a firm latex foam mattress with a softer inch or two on top. So it feels comfortable but it's not soft at all, and has lots of support.

It was $1,500, but a good mattress is worth it to prevent future back pain. 

Firmness is not necessarily support

Latex has a high support factor so it can be soft yet supportive. There are some PU foams can mimic this but they're not that widespread

• Thanks 1

WWW.WBUR.ORG

Why are there so many Mattress Firm stores? How did they end up catty-corner across intersections and in the same shopping centers? Are the mattresses full of money? Reddit users start to dig deeper into these Mattress Firm conspiracy theories, and we team up with Business Insider's "Household Name" to conduct an investigation of our own.

I‘ve used the same no name Amazon sourced foam for all the beds in our house the last 10 years. Firm and supportive. A tiny bit warm in the dead of the summer, but no other issues for us.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Spring coils are for poors.

Look if you want to sleep on top of a bunch of tiny bubbles suspended in plastic like the sad foam from a 40oz in a brown paper bag, you do you.  I meanwhile, will lay myself upon the cold rolled steel that has been twisted and formed into compliance like the god damned king that I am.  Now go listen to some podcast and enter your promo code while I pay full price like an absolute chad.  

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Look if you want to sleep on top of a bunch of tiny bubbles suspended in plastic like the sad foam from a 40oz in a brown paper bag, you do you.  I meanwhile, will lay myself upon the cold rolled steel that has been twisted and formed into compliance like the god damned king that I am.  Now go listen to some podcast and enter your promo code while I pay full price like an absolute chad.  

Shows how much you know, a Chad would never not capitalize a Chad.

29 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I didn't even get to the end of your paragraph and I was picturing the sad virgin/chad meme.  

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

Listen here punk, with one singular exception the air bubbles do nothing